Laundry Package

TheCalicoCat

I have unlimited laundry already paid for (August 27, 2015) for 18 day cruise on Rotterdam starting July 2, 2016. The price was $126 for 2 people. If it is like other cruises a dress shirt is $4-$5 and socks are $2 and slacks maybe another $4-$5. I think this is a money saver for me. I will do my "danties" and support hose myself -- everything else off to the laundry for 18 days!!

The gals and I just bought the unlimited laundry for our 12 day Mediterranean cruise for this fall. The price is $84, which comes out to be about $7/day, give or take. called ship services, 1-800-541-1576 , and they had me charge it now to my card.

I called my TA after reading about it here on CC. She thanks you all for teaching her about the wonderful deal!

I have unlimited laundry already paid for (August 27, 2015) for 18 day cruise on Rotterdam starting July 2, 2016. The price was $126 for 2 people. If it is like other cruises a dress shirt is $4-$5 and socks are $2 and slacks maybe another $4-$5. I think this is a money saver for me. I will do my "danties" and support hose myself -- everything else off to the laundry for 18 days!!

Actually, on my Feb. cruise, I sent my "danties" and compression socks. I was very brave. I put my "danties" in a mesh laundry bag with instructions for them to wash in that bag. I did a test wash with an older pair of my husbands compressions socks and they came back just fine. Just put them in the blue bag and sent them out after that and they came back fine.

On our cruise from Europe in October,I called HAL before the cruise and was only charged $7 per day.It would have been $9 on the ship.Since we were aboard for 26 nights,it was worth the call.

Yes we did the same thing last year on the Zuiderdam. Seattle don't seem to look to see what cruise you are on when you ring to prepay the laundry package. $7 per day whereever you cruise.

The gals and I just bought the unlimited laundry for our 12 day Mediterranean cruise for this fall. The price is $84, which comes out to be about $7/day, give or take. called ship services, 1-800-541-1576 , and they had me charge it now to my card.

Do you know, is the price higher if you purchase the unlimited laundry package on the ship? Also, if I wait to purchase on board can this be deducted from my OBC? Thanks!

Do you know, is the price higher if you purchase the unlimited laundry package on the ship? Also, if I wait to purchase on board can this be deducted from my OBC? Thanks!

If it's a standard Caribbean /North American cruise, there is no difference in the price in my experience. It's the European and some of the more exotic cruises where the pricing can vary and it can be cheaper to book it before you board.

If you purchase the package on board, it is deducted from your account. OBC's are credited first so, it will be deducted from that.

We did a 26 night cruise on Zuiderdam last October and I saved $52 by buying before we left.So it was $9 per day if bought on the ship.

When you call guest services to pre-pay for your unlimited laundry package you will get the standard "do you want the pressing package with that as well?". Avoid this extra cost as when you send your laundry away and specify on the form "hangers" then the laundry comes back pressed. Only issue is you can't send items away for pressing only as it is a different check box on the laundry form.

You will only pay the $7 per day per cabin if you pre-pay. On longer European and elsewhere cruises you will save enough for a Pinnacle Grill dinner.

Important: When you pre-pay get them to send you a confirmation e-mail and stay on the line until it comes through. The pre-pay charge for laundry does not show up on your booking (unless someone can tell me where to find it. I looked everywhere, payments, excursions etc and no dice even after 24 hrs) so you want something on hand when you get on the ship.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER

• 1 month later...
The price is still $7 per day - this afternoon I pre-ordered our unlimited laundry package for our upcoming 14 day cruise and was billed $98 US. If we wanted the pressing package, it would have been an additional $56. The charge is for both of us in the cabin. Can't wait !!!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Hi,

We would like to pre-purchase the unlimited laundry package which everyone mentions as doing a 24 night cruise on Oosterdam in July . How do you contact ship services.?We are in New- Zealand so is there an e-mail contact? If not has someone got a phone number and business hours and then I can find out the country code and work at a time call when they are open:).

Thanks

Hi,

We would like to pre-purchase the unlimited laundry package which everyone mentions as doing a 24 night cruise on Oosterdam in July . How do you contact ship services.?We are in New- Zealand so is there an e-mail contact? If not has someone got a phone number and business hours and then I can find out the country code and work at a time call when they are open:).

Thanks

You can purchase the unlimited laundry package by placing a check mark on the laundry form when you submit your laundry on Embarkation Day.

HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.jpg

Is the "Laundry by the bag" option offered everyday of the cruise or only specified days? I am familiar with this option being offered on only a limited basis such as mid cruise, once a week, etc. on other cruise lines. Also what is the cost?

Thanks!

Is the "Laundry by the bag" option offered everyday of the cruise or only specified days? I am familiar with this option being offered on only a limited basis such as mid cruise, once a week, etc. on other cruise lines. Also what is the cost?

Thanks!

Every day except the last day.

Dan

Thanks Dan! Any idea of the approximate cost?

$20 all you can put in the bag.

This past Maasdam cruise we opted for unlimited. What a difference. Would get that on every cruise from now on. $7 a day. 11 day cruise was $77.

Dan

Edited by dogo88

Hi,

Thanks

I don't know of an email contact but you can call Ship Services at 1-206-626-8602 from outside of North America. The hours are Monday to Friday 7 am to 5 pm Pacific Time.

(If calling from inside North America, the toll free number is 1-800-541-1576.)

However, as Crew News mentions, you could simply order it once onboard. If you want really want to pre-pay, you could purchase OBC for yourself which could offset the cost of the laundry package (or other items). That could be done online and would save you the cost and hassle of the long distance call to Ship Services.

Thanks Dan! Any idea of the approximate cost?
$30 in Europe or on a T-A, $25 elsewhere. I haven't seen the $20 that dogo88 mentions in a long time. Maybe it varies with the ship or itinerary.

Edited by jtl513

I can repeat the experience of other posters that while the European rate is $9 per day, you only pay $7 per day if you call and buy it in advance. Now, on a short cruise, that's not a huge savings - not even dinner at the pinnacle. But a longer cruise leaves some nice pin money on a tight budget, and very little laundry when you get home!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by chefestelle

You certainly fit a lot into one of those $20 laundry bags - and everything comes back nicely pressed on either on hangars or folded neatly. For a 14 night cruise, two laundry bags should do you fine, so that's a bit of a saving over the laundry package, but even three bags is quite a bit cheaper than the $98 for unlimited.

That's right, Beejay4016. DD and I only used one bag for all our laundry on our Mexican riviera cruise. It was 7 days and we had it done on day 5. It was same day, too though we were expecting to get it back the next day. For Europe, we will have more laundry - want to pack light and have a land trip in a different climate leading into it.

I can repeat the experience of other posters that while the European rate is $9 per day, you only pay $7 per day if you call and buy it in advance. Now, on a short cruise, that's not a huge savings - not even dinner at the pinnacle. But a longer cruise leaves some nice pin money on a tight budget, and very little laundry when you get home!

I agree, and have had the same experience. Unless I really want to pay for it onboard and have OBC to burn, I would prepay.

I agree, and have had the same experience. Unless I really want to pay for it onboard and have OBC to burn, I would prepay.

Prior to our Maasdam Cruise a couple of weeks ago, I contacted HAL about cost and prepay for unlimited laundry. They told me it was $7 a day and to book it onboard. No need to order ahead. In fact, didn't even offer that option. Folks we traveled with bought the $20 a bag option. Maybe Caribbean charges are less than Europe?

Dan

Prior to our Maasdam Cruise a couple of weeks ago, I contacted HAL about cost and prepay for unlimited laundry. They told me it was $7 a day and to book it onboard. No need to order ahead. In fact, didn't even offer that option. Folks we traveled with bought the $20 a bag option. Maybe Caribbean charges are less than Europe?

Dan

Yes European costs more than Caribbean. But we paid $7/day when we prepaid, onboard they were charging $9/day.

Edited by Cruising-along

We have opted for unlimited and prepay. We also take 1 less checked bag which makes airports much easier and depending upon the flights we save on the checked baggage. (7 day cruise is 49 and checked bag was 50 roundtrip)

I work out in the gym every day and have very wet set of clothes and sweat bands. Not having to hang them to dry or haul 7 sets of workout clothes make unlimited worth it without baggage savings.