Question about in Port Weddings

TheJadeFox

Hi all,

Getting Married in Halfmoon Cay This August on the Carnival Conquest(yay!). For those who have been married in port and had the reception back on board, was there much time left after the reception to enjoy the island or is it pretty much a write off? We're getting married on the island going back on board

Thanks!

Edited by TheJadeFox

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting married in August as well on the Vista. We're doing a port wedding in a Grand Cayman. From what I've been told you only get up to 2 hours on the island and then back to the ship pretty much right away for your reception. I'd love to hear from someone who has gone through it!

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Getting married Feb 2018 in Nassau. Our times in port are different then most (12pm-12am), but I am planning on doing the wedding as soon as we get there, then after let people go enjoy the island before coming on board for the reception. The coordinator said even coming at 12, the earliest she suggests to do the wedding is 2pm (ship has to clear customs, guests have to get to the buses, and Paradise Island is a 30min drive) So ya, after the ceremony, pictures, cake, and the ride back, that still only gives about 2 hours to look around before the (hopefully) 7pm. My closer family keeps telling me they're ultimately there for the wedding so it'll be fine. But I still feel bad because they paid for a cruise and some have never been to Nassau. But I'm paying too much for the reception for anyone to miss it lol. So se la vi I guess? I look forward to hearing how yours goes, and hopefully hearing how other peoples guests felt about it.