Is the Katakolon tourist train currently running?

nmsk5

Has anyone been here recently and taken the train that will take you the winery and the beach? Is it reliable? We were considering renting a car but thought this would be much easier. Thanks!

I tried researching the best way to move around this port and ended up going with a car rental. Cost of the rental is $75 (Canadian) from Avis. I’ve been told this area of Greece is very easy driving.

Since this is our first time here we definitely want to go to Olympia but I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for the cruise excursion and I know that hubby and I will probably not spend more than 2 to 3 hours there.

By having the car, we can drive around and check out a winery or two and hit the beach before dropping off the car.

Consider the rental, it gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want. Also, you won’t have to wait in line for the train will tons of other people...if there is a train.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

I wanted to take this train last October but when I approached the people sitting at the little ticket booth by the train, they said they were not running it that day. No explanation given.

I'll be going back next May and hope to have better luck.