Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
Does anyone know which cruise lines give discounts or OBC to retired military?I think HAL , Princess ,RCI , NCL & Carnival .
Not sure what the other lines do.
Emerald Princess, Nov 22-26, 2017, Cabo San Lucas Getaway
Island Princess, May 20-Jun 6, 2018, Voyage of the Glaciers (Northbound)
Diamond Princess, Mar 18-26, 2019, Japan and Taiwan
My cruise blog: http://phoenix-voyager1.blogspot.com/
Diamond Princess, Oct 17-26, 2017, Circle Japan
Ruby Princess, Nov 19-26, 2016, Mexican Riviera
Crown Princess, Feb 13-20, 2016, Mexican Riviera
Star Princess, Nov 25-29, 2015, California Coastal Thanksgiving Cruise
Royal Princess, Aug 1-13, 2015, British Isles
Ocean Princess, Jan 27-Feb 6, 2015, Tahiti and French Polynesia
Golden Princess, Oct 24-27, 2014, West Coast Getaway Weekend Cruise
Pacific Princess, Jun 3-10, 2014, Alaska Inside Passage Cruise
Star Princess, Dec 20, 2013 to Jan 4, 2014, Hawaii Holiday Cruise
Caribbean Princess, Mar 16-23, 2013, Southern Caribbean
Holland America's Amsterdam, Dec 5-22, 2012, Panama Canal (Eastbound)
Diamond Princess, Mar 14-29, 2012, SE Asia and China
Sapphire Princess, Dec 31, 2011 to Jan 7, 2012, Mexican Riviera
Sapphire Princess, Sep 11-18, 2011, Alaska Inside Passage
Sapphire Princess, Apr 9-16, 2011, Mexican Riviera
Holland America's Zaandam, Dec 19, 2010 to Jan 2, 2011, Circle Hawaii Cruise
As for the cost of the cruise, find a TA that books a lot of Princess cruises (20+/day) and discounts. They get the best rates to start with and offer group rates, even though you're not in a group. You can save 10-20% plus get OBC, in addition to the military OBC.
* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink
Star Princess: 11/14/17 Hawaii
Ruby Princess: 2/26/18 5-day Cabo
Emerald Princess: 4/27/18 12-day Alaska LA <> LA
Regal Princess: 11/1/18 10-day NY > FLL
Royal Princess: 4/27/19 Mexican Riviera
Royal Princess: 5/4/19 CA Coastal LA > Vancouver
Does anyone know which cruise lines give discounts or OBC to retired military?Celebrity does also.
It is a discounted rate that will show up periodically.
We received it one time, after final payment was made.
The rate showed up for our cabin category and we contacted our TA, and they applied the benefit in the form of an OBC.
Here are their rules: (Celebrity)
To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:
1. Active personnel currently serving in the Canadian National Defense; United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.
2. Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A, or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess the same white card as described above for active personnel. All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.
3. Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.
4. Spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. All other guests traveling in the same stateroom are also eligible for the military rate. Spouse must present the PINK Dependent Military ID upon check-in as proof of eligibility.
We were told in November by our PCC that military/veteran rates would be discontinued per company policy, but it seems as if that was just a rogue PCC. We have since been reassigned to a new PCC, and NCL has posted their military rates for 2013 on their website. You can view these designated sailings under the "specials" tab.
01/2017 - NCL Escape - E. Caribbean (St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau)
06/2015 - NCL Sun - Alaska
01/2012 - NCL Spirit - W. Caribbean (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)
Does anyone know which cruise lines give discounts or OBC to retired military?Also MSC and Costa and Pullmantur (Spanish). Windstar used to, but don't anymore that I can tell.
If you want to find all the current discounts listed in one place, you can always go to VTG and use their military discount listing.
(33+ years US Army but who counts now that I am retired!)
Heidelberg, Germany www.hollydoyne.net/blog
Past Adventures -
2000 - Donau River. 2004 Costa - Baltic Capitals. 2007 - Yangtze River, MSC TA Genoa to Buenos Aires. 2008 - Voyages of Discover - Black Sea, Nile River. 2009 - Windstar - Croatia, NCL - Western Med. 2010 RCCL- Arabian Gulf, Costa TA - NY-Dover, P&O - Norwegian Fjords. 2011 - NCL x 2 , MSC- Western Med, Royal x1. 2012 NCL x 3 ; Royal x 9, Celebrity x 1. 2013 - NCL x 3, Royal x 13, Celebrity x 5, Phoenix x 1. 2014 - Royal x 13, Celebrity x 3, 2015 - NCL x2,Princess x 1, Serenade x 2, Explorer x 2, NCL Escape Maiden, Splendor x 3.
2016 - Explorer TransPacific, Rhapsody x4. 2017. Freedomx2, Legend x 2, NCL Jewel, NCL Starx2,
Future: MSC Seaside Maiden TA, NCL Bliss Maiden TA, Brilliance TA, Explorer TP
All those ships - so little time.....
RCCL: Vision 16 Feb 2019 - 7 NT Western Caribbean (RS 8500) Oasis 05 FEB 17- 7 NT Eastern Caribbean (GLS) Explorer 3 June 2016- 7 NT Alaska from Seattle (OS) Oasis 11 Jan 14 - 7 NT Eastern Caribbean (LS) Navigator 1-8 Dec 2012 - 7 NT. Western Caribbean (OS) Voyager 12 Nov 2011 7 NT Western Carib.(OS) Enchantment 17 Jan 2011 - 12 NT SO Carib (RS) (We are Diamond Plus now!) Explorer 7 March 2010 - 12 NT Southern Caribbean (OS) Freedom 25 Oct 2009 - 7 NT Eastern Caribbean (OS) Jewel 23 Mar 09 - 11 NT Ultimate Panama (OS) Serenade 14 Jun 08 - 7 NT Alaska(OS) Navigator 10 Mar 08 - 5 NT Western Caribbean (OS) Explorer 12 Oct 07 - 9 NT Canada/New England Mariner 24 Dec 06 - 7 NT Eastern Caribbean (GS) Radiance 3 June 06 - 7 NT Alaska Southbound (JS) Serenade 19 June 05 - 7 NT Alaska (JS) Mariner 31 Oct 04 - 7 NT Eastern Caribbean (JS)
Carnival: Imagination 7 Nov 1998 - 7 NT Western Carib. Paradise 18 Mar 2001 - 7 NT Eastern Carib. Inspiration 19 May 2002 7 NT Western Carib. Triumph 28 Aug 2010 - 5 NT Eastern Carib.
Celebrity: Eclipse 10 Dec 2017 11 Nt. Southern Caribbean (SS1) Summit 8/27/17 7 NT. Bermuda (CS) (We are Elite Plus now)! Silhouette 10/31/2015 15 N. TA-Rome to Ft Laud. (PH) Summit 12/06/14 - 7 NT. SO Carib. (PH) Century 09/08/2013 - 7 NT. Alaska (PH) Infinity 05/11/12 - 7 NT Alaska Cruise from Seattle (PH) Horizon 2/20/04 - 10 NT S. Carib/Panama
Princess , Carnival ,HAL , Celebrity and RCI have discounts for active or retired military/police/ambulance personnel.
HAL has NO military discount what so ever.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Commodore Emerald Seas-Western CaribbeanSep 1994
Commodore Emerald Isle-Western Caribbean Apr 1998
Oosterdam-Alaska May 2010
Oosterdam-Alaska May 2011
Westerdam-Alaska May 2012
Zuiderdam-Alaska May 2013
Zuiderdam-Alaska August 2014
Westerdam-Alaska Sept 2015
Does anyone know which cruise lines give discounts or OBC to retired military?As an honorably discharged veteran, DH has received these discounts over the years from Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival, but not from Holland America (active personnel only is my understanding). We have benefited from some fantastic--almost unbelievable--veterans' discounts from booking either on the Memorial Day weekend or on Veterans' Day.
Thank you for your service!
I'm not sure if I can give name of the popular website directly that helps me find what cruises are discounted. You can google "military discounts on cruises" and it was the second advertisement at the top of the page (begins with the letter V). Go to their page and look down the left sidebar of the page for Military Discounts. Fills in the info for your interests and you'll get a list. The only problem is once you click on a cruise and want to go back to the list it kicks you back to the home page and you have to start again, but it's worth it to save some money. I just found a 7 day cruise in Feb. for $385! Happy shopping.
HAL has NO military discount what so ever.That may have been true in the past for HAL, but it is not the case in late 2015. At least it wasn't in December when I checked. At that time they offered a discount for active-duty only on some of their cruises.