Is Gem the only ship left for itinerary changes?

djpk2003

Still waiting for word - and we are on the Dec 23 Gem sailing. NCL could at least communicate something - like we are still working; or trying to see if we can keep to the original itinerary or definitely going to change one or two. Something.

Still waiting for word - and we are on the Dec 23 Gem sailing. NCL could at least communicate something - like we are still working; or trying to see if we can keep to the original itinerary or definitely going to change one or two. Something.

That would be nice.

I agree 100% . At least tell me I’m definitely going to the original islands so I can cancel before my final payment. I have no interest in going to islands that have been destroyed by the hurricane. I feel terrible for the people there but it’s not my idea of a vacation when people are struggling to survive and I’m sitting there having a drink on a beach that may or may not be ok to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just cancelled my Feb 24 the gem cruise to eastern. Just didn't like being in limbo. I was under the impression that you would get a full refund if you cancel before final payment. In actuality, you need to cancel 120 days out, not 90 if you want full refund. Just something to keep in mind.

I just cancelled my Feb 24 the gem cruise to eastern. Just didn't like being in limbo. I was under the impression that you would get a full refund if you cancel before final payment. In actuality, you need to cancel 120 days out, not 90 if you want full refund. Just something to keep in mind.

If you are in a suite you need to cancel 120+ days out, but final payment is due at 120 days out. No cabins below a suite/haven should incur any cancellation penalty if cancelled 90+ days out. If you booked with a travel agent, they may have a cancellation fee.

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Edited by vince_g
add link to NCL cancellation policy

If you are in a suite you need to cancel 120+ days out, but final payment is due at 120 days out. No cabins below a suite/haven should incur any cancellation penalty if cancelled 90+ days out. If you booked with a travel agent, they may have a cancellation fee.

I am in a non-Haven suite on the Gem (SC). While my final payment is due at 90 days, I have to cancel at 120 days in order to get a full refund of my deposit? How does that work? My deposit is less than the 25% penalty. Does that mean if I cancel between 119 and 90 days out that I will owe NCL money in addition to the deposit they already have?

I am in a non-Haven suite on the Gem (SC). While my final payment is due at 90 days, I have to cancel at 120 days in order to get a full refund of my deposit? How does that work? My deposit is less than the 25% penalty. Does that mean if I cancel between 119 and 90 days out that I will owe NCL money in addition to the deposit they already have?

That is a really good question, Jerseymom. It says the cancellation fee will be 25% *, and the footnote for the single asterisk says "Or deposit, whichever is greater". It's just so odd that final payment date/free cancellation date are not in alignment.

Thanks, Vince_G. I am on the Feb. 3 sailing of the Gem which is 107 or so days out. I was considering canceling so that is good to take into consideration.

Oh no, it's not worth cancelling and losing your deposit or getting a bill for even more.

I just posted a good article on St. Thomas, that is worth the read. I think the ship calling in St. Thomas will be a last resort when NCL cannot secure a different port. I hope we do not call there, but if we do, shopping and beaches will be the main activities. I predict San Juan, St. Maarten and Tortola won't be ready for my cruise, but I think by February things will be more stable for you. In a way NCL is kind of screwed too, since they want to get the island's tourism resumed, but want to do the right thing by the customer too. Very tough spot to be in.

I have Bermuda booked for May and 14 day Eastern Caribbean in October, but keeping these may now be depend on my revised December itinerary, if they ever announce it.

Well I can certainly tell you that if I wouldn't lose all of my money, I would cancel in a minute. The lack of communication from NCL has been horrible. And couple that with very rude so called customer service agents and the inability to speak to anyone higher up the corporate food chain is unforgivable. The young lady I spoke to last night kept saying the reason they don't have a new itinerary yet is due to eveyone scrambling to secure ports still. When I asked her about how the other ships in NCL's fleet already have new itineraries she just huffed and hung up on me. HORRIBLE.

Well I can certainly tell you that if I wouldn't lose all of my money, I would cancel in a minute. The lack of communication from NCL has been horrible. And couple that with very rude so called customer service agents and the inability to speak to anyone higher up the corporate food chain is unforgivable. The young lady I spoke to last night kept saying the reason they don't have a new itinerary yet is due to eveyone scrambling to secure ports still. When I asked her about how the other ships in NCL's fleet already have new itineraries she just huffed and hung up on me. HORRIBLE.

What did you expect her to say? Which ships, what ports...who gets what...and all of those decisions are out of her control.

I understand the frustration (I want to book the Gem in Dec but won't until I know where it's going) but it's more frustrating for the agent, since she gets the same repeated question all day long.

My apologies, you are correct. I did not read the cancellation policy correctly. It appears to be that if you cancel by final payment you are 100 % refunded. Did not realized suites and the Haven had different final payment timetables. I did cancel in time and NCL refunded all funds in 5 days.

I just got an email from Vivian Ewart that has the new itinerary - I spent the morning firing off letters about the lack of communication from NCL - that I hope is wrong cause if it's right, they took a day OFF the 11/21 cruise.

Something has happened cause St Kitts is missing from original itinerary. :confused::confused:

NCL_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this - Wow - a whole day missing - and that is not the same as the 11/2 10-day cruise changes, since that cruise goes to Antigua.

I just got an email from Vivian Ewart that has the new itinerary - I spent the morning firing off letters about the lack of communication from NCL - that I hope is wrong cause if it's right, they took a day OFF the 11/21 cruise.

Something has happened cause St Kitts is missing from original itinerary. :confused::confused:

NCL_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing this - Wow - a whole day missing - and that is not the same as the 11/2 10-day cruise changes, since that cruise goes to Antigua.

I emailed her back saying 11/21 is an eleven day cruise. I don't know if I will get a response but I have to think this can't be right. They have the wrong original itinerary. I'm hoping she sends me a revised new itinerary that is 11 days.

Oh no, it's not worth cancelling and losing your deposit or getting a bill for even more.

I just posted a good article on St. Thomas, that is worth the read. I think the ship calling in St. Thomas will be a last resort when NCL cannot secure a different port. I hope we do not call there, but if we do, shopping and beaches will be the main activities. I predict San Juan, St. Maarten and Tortola won't be ready for my cruise, but I think by February things will be more stable for you. In a way NCL is kind of screwed too, since they want to get the island's tourism resumed, but want to do the right thing by the customer too. Very tough spot to be in.

I have Bermuda booked for May and 14 day Eastern Caribbean in October, but keeping these may now be depend on my revised December itinerary, if they ever announce it.

When is your Cruise Vince?

If I am not mistaken she sent you the itinerary for the 11/11 sailing. She isn't even paying attention to what she is sending. At least you received something, I have been trying to get someone high up the food chain on the phone. And surprise, surprise.....no one will answer their phone.

She got back to me with the correct and new 11/21 itinerary after I let her know I didn't think I got the right update earlier today.

I am excited for the new itinerary. :cool: Now I don't need to stalk NCL.com anymore for news.

NCL%202.jpg

Edited by Bonobochick
grammar matters.

Awesome - just got the itinerary for the Dec 23 cruise - so glad no more stalking either. Now for the excursions:

RevisedCruise.JPG.19a3343c69c32f54fbf4eea46b03bcdb.JPG

She got back to me with the correct and new 11/21 itinerary after I let her know I didn't think I got the right update earlier today.

I am excited for the new itinerary. :cool: Now I don't need to stalk NCL.com anymore for news.

NCL%202.jpg

I just got an email from Vivian Ewart that I hope is wrong cause if it's right, they took a day OFF the 11/21 cruise.

That is strange! (Never mind, I just saw the newer posts).

Edited by cxc362
Newer posts.

Awesome - just got the itinerary for the Dec 23 cruise - so glad no more stalking either. Now for the excursions:

[ATTACH]411529[/ATTACH]

I'm on this sailing too but haven't received the email yet. I'm happy to finally hear something though! Thanks for sharing.