4 people--Inside Cabin?

cawagner

We have done it twice, but not with 4 adults. We had our kids with us, 5 and 10 the first time, and then 9 and 14, so they weren't 'small' children. Its was a little cramped at times but not as bad as some might suggest. I would say if its share a rioom between 4 or not go, then by all means share.

Edit, we did it both times on Voyager class ships, which have slightly larger inside cabins than some of the smaller ships, but its the same idea.

Tight is an understatment!!

Are these 4..friends? family? adults? kids?

I think parents w/2 small kids might be okay.

You couldnt pay me to do it with 4 full sized bodies.

Remeber one BR big enough for 1 person at a time.

Several questions:

1). How long is the cruise? 3 or 4 day cruise, no problem. Longer cruise, tougher.

2). Is the price worth it? On Liberty OTS we had booked an inside cabin for four (2 adults 2 teens); there was a price drop, and it made little price difference to book two cabins instead of one.

3). Any experience in small spaces? We, as a family, were used to week-long vacations in a 21 foot trailer, so an inside really wasn't something "new" for us.

One note if you go for it: when we were four in a cabin, I often showered in the Men's Locker room off the Spa. We really never stayed in the cabin except to sleep - the only time any possible conflicts arose was getting ready for dinner (especially formal nights).

Yikes! Especially on the Monarch as she has the smallest cabins. My guest bathroom is bigger than one of those inside cabins :eek:

###

Well we are thinking of switching to the Grandeur (right now the price for 1 inside is more than the 2 outside cabins we have reserved on the monarch) but this is different itinerary and a day longer and thinking if I dont book now prices "may" go up and if they go down i could always switch cabins or get 2

Yes we go camping a lot so we are used to cramped quarters lol....

decisions, decisons

We've done 3 adults on a 4 nt cruise before..it was a little tight..but we did better than I thought we would..especially with the bathroom & getting ready for dinner.. but we had a few more s/f than you will have with an inside..but..if it's what you have to do to cruise..then I'd do it too..in a heart beat! More incentive to not lounge around in your cabin..

My first cruise was freshman year of college-7 night southern caribbean on Carnival Destiny. I went with 3 other friends so there were 4 girls the cabin. We were broke; so did the inside. It worked for us. There were 2 bunk beds! I had the top of one. Looking back i don't know how we did it! How did we all share 1 bathroom??

Don't know but we did it and had a GREAT cruise!

I've cruised 4 in an inside room twice now, one 12 day on Legend and one 14 day on Jewel. To add to that, 4 women (two late teens). Of course it's tight, of course you need to cooperate. It just takes a little bit of discussion and planning as you work out showers. Of course, with 4 women, nobody was overly concerned running around 1/2 dressed. You don't mention if you're talking 2 couples, or what. I only recently read a tip to use the workout showers. I'll try that out if we're ever in that situation again, but really, it was never a huge problem.

Even storage was fairly acceptable, with the bathroom storage being the tightest. On our last outing this Summer, I decided to give the shoe organizer a try. It definitely helped keep the clutter under control.

We did it on our 1st family cruise. Kids were 12 & 14, not small. This was on Navigator. My DH used the bathroom in the spa when getting ready at night, that was the only inconvenience. Plus not sleeping in the same bed as my DH, but with kids in the room I guess that didn't matter. Would I do it again, yes. Our last 2 cruises we have PR adjoining rooms, which I must say is much nicer to have 2 bathrooms. We don't spend time in our room and I can't see spending more money for a place to sleep. I know some will tell you that there is no way 4 can be in one stateroom, but I didn't find it a problem at all.

It would be me, hubby and our 2 kids age 13 and 18 :) So I am thinking it will doable.

On our first cruise with just me and hubby we barely spent time in our cabin...only to sleep :rolleyes: ;) (just wont be any of that this trip LOL!)

There's no way I'd put 4 adult sized people in one inside cabin...we were in a room with 17 sq. ft. MORE than you will have (with 2 adults) and both of us couldn't stand up and walk at the same time....waaaaay too tight, IMO! We don't spend alot of time in the cabin, either, but when we ARE there, it's nice to be comfortable!

We did 4 persons in an inside cabin on the Monarch. It was so tight, three of us had to sit in bed while one of us got dressed. We get two cabins inside cabins now, not that much more $ and two bathrooms are great. We put one adult in each cabin, get two room only keys from customer realtions and sleep where we want.

Lou

It would be me, hubby and our 2 kids age 13 and 18 :) So I am thinking it will doable.

On our first cruise with just me and hubby we barely spent time in our cabin...only to sleep :rolleyes: ;) (just wont be any of that this trip LOL!)

I don't know why people find the cabin space such a horror. It's a place to put your stuff and sleep, or at least get vertical ;). I don't find a hotel room all that much more accommodating than the tiny cruise ship cabins. What difference does the few sq. ft really make?

My first cruise was freshman year of college-7 night southern caribbean on Carnival Destiny. I went with 3 other friends so there were 4 girls the cabin. We were broke; so did the inside. It worked for us. There were 2 bunk beds! I had the top of one. Looking back i don't know how we did it! How did we all share 1 bathroom??

Don't know but we did it and had a GREAT cruise!

I also wanted to add in addition to the 4 adults; i had a HUGE bag which because the topic of several hillarious converstaions each day when i had to drag it out of the closet and lay it in the middle of the room (took up all our floor space)

I don't know if this has been mentioned but if it was me I'd get a room close to a public bathroom. 4 in a room can get testy with 1 toilet. And don't forget the area usually has showers that would help if you took turns showering in there and then returning to room to finish up.

I don't know why people find the cabin space such a horror. It's a place to put your stuff and sleep, or at least get vertical ;). I don't find a hotel room all that much more accommodating than the tiny cruise ship cabins. What difference does the few sq. ft really make?

Monarch of the Seas has teeny tiny cabins.:eek: You can do it, but like another person said, you will literally have to have 3 people on the beds while one person gets dressed, its that small. We had 3 in an outside on Monarch it was so hard to get ready...everything had to be done in shifts.

We have done inside 3 times with our teen kids. Boys shower and get ready for dinner in the Gym locker room (they like the big showers better there anyway). Once was on Disney and the cabin was huge. The next time it was on Carnival and we didn't realize they could make a cabin that small but we made do. Then on the NCL Sun we had a extra large inside which was amazing. Wish all the ships had large insides like this.

I would not do it with anybody other than family but you will be fine.

The best was when after numerous cruises I surprised the kids with our first balcony cabin. My daughter said "there must be a mistake, our cabin can't be on this side of the ship" and I opened the door.

Lots of people on these boards seem to have suites or book an extra cabin for the kids. Not all of us can afford this. Live within your means and enjoy your vacation!

Memories, memories ...... We are diamond cruisers now, and always reserve a balcony, but back when our kids were in college and we were new to cruising, we did 4 of us in an inside cabin on the Majesty. Regardless of what anyone says, it is do-able and will make for wonderful memories and conversation!

Our kids were boy and a girl - boy was a football player and not a small person - our daughter is of average size. Fortunately they were both "jocks" and having the family run around in underwear was not a problem - they had been raised in YMCA Locker rooms.

The kids had the pullman beds and we had the two bunks underneath them - not romantic, but it was a family trip, and all we could afford.

We had a wonderful vacation - introduced the kids to cruising - they both cruised for their honeymoons several years later.

It takes planning, the ability to get a quick shower at the workout facilities or pool, and scheduling and knowing how long it takes you to get ready. I might add that we dressed each night for dinner in the main dining room and we were never late. The kids still laugh about it - when the kids saw the size of that inside cabin when we arrived their faces were priceless!

Of course it is not perfect and we missed the space/bathroom, etc., but we still had a great cruise and lots of great memories.

Incidentally, we are not campers, still prefer resort-type vacations, and still often take trips together, and now include grandchildren who are infants and toddlers.

The last time we shared a cabin with our kids we swore we would not cruise again with them if it meant sharing...and we were in a balcony cabin, not an inside.

Sure you can spend plenty of time out of the cabin, but trying to live comfortably in that small space during the time you are all together is a challenge. No way can I sleep with that many people snoring, farting, up in the middle of the night several times to pee. Then there is the never ending clutter. It turns what could be a nice vacation into a test of tolerance, patience and frustration.

We'll be treating them this Christmas, probably our last family vacation and they have a cabin next door, no way will we share again. It's just not worth it to us, our vacation time and $ spent is too precious to be annoyed or angry with each other the whole time.

If the cabin size is similar to those on Carnival, then it's really not that big a deal. We recently sailed Princess with the smallest inside on the ocean and survived. The troubling part was once the bunks were down, it was really tight. The kids spent a lot of time in the kids program or on deck with me. Outside of the penthouse suite there isn't a cabin big enough for me to hang out all day with 2 kids. We also go camping in a travel trail, our favorite family's time, so being close in small quarters is a part of our life style. When we want a vacation that is about abundance of space, we book a resort. As often as we vacation I couldn't afford the upgrades on cabins and staying home is not an option. Go knowing it will be tight but define your vacation not by the space but the time spent and memories created.

The shower in the cabin was so small that I finally decided to soap the walls, spung around several times, played footsy with the soap after it fell to get it back, got dizzy before it was all over. I bet you no one can match that shower memory;) Your vacation is what you make it and DH is still asking where was he when all this was happening :-)!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but if it was me I'd get a room close to a public bathroom. 4 in a room can get testy with 1 toilet. And don't forget the area usually has showers that would help if you took turns showering in there and then returning to room to finish up.

I just reread my post and meant to say "the GYM area usually has showers so you can take turns taking showers there"

Archived