Princess give OBC for Military and STOCKHOLDERS of Carnival stock

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:15 PM.
#1
Oregon
573 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Military members sailing on Princess or any other Carnival Corp owned ship can also receive stockholder OBC by owning at least 100 shares of Carnival Cruiseline (CCL). This is in addition to the Military OBC. The stockholder benefit is for all cruiselines owned by Carnival Corp. A very generous perk from Carnival.
#3
88 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
One of the best things about Princess! On our Hawaii cruise in April I had $550 OBC total - $50 booking promotion, $250 shareholder and $250 military. Its also per military member. My parents are both prior military as are my sister and her husband, and they got $250 each, not per cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Caribbean on Navigator of the Seas - Sep 2014, Hawaii on Grand Princess - April 2014, Caribbean on Carnival Splendor - August 2013, Transatlantic on Mariner of the Seas April 2013, Australia to Hawaii via French Polynesia on Celebrity Century - March 2012, Bermuda on Explorer of the Seas - October 2011, Canada/New England on Explorer of the Seas - September 2011, Bahamas on Monarch of the Seas - September 2011, Mexican Riviera on Carnival Spirit - February 2011, Ireland on Independence of the Seas - September 2009, the Baltic on Jewel of the Seas - May 2009, Western Med on Celebrity Century - October 2008, Western Med on Navigator of the Seas - May 2008, Greek Isles on Splendor of the Seas - Nov 2007, Hawaii on Pride of America- May 2007, Alaska on Zaandam - May 2006, Bahamas on Carnival Celebration- Xmas 2005, Western Caribbean on Disney Magic - Jan 2005, Eastern Caribbean on Disney Magic - Oct 2003
#4
San Antonio spaceship earth
7,407 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
The veterans OBC granted by Princess is indeed very nice and they let you add up all the OBC they grant. We are on a 14 day cruise next month and I am getting a $250 OBC due to veteran status. The stock holders OBC of $250 is not bad either plus the usual on-board booking OBC and one given by our TA and we will save a lot of money.

The former CEO of Princess was a Viet Nam veteran where he served as an enlisted rifle carrier. He is very active in veteran groups particularly the Viet Nam groups. He has since been promoted to corporate. Thank you Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL: Rhapsody, 2003; Voyageur, 2008, 2009; Adventure, 2008; Navigator 2013; Mariner 2010, 2011
Holland America: Veendam, 2006
Princess: Grand 2005, 2006; Ruby 2010, 2017; Island 2011, 2013; Emerald 2012, 2015, 2018, 2019; Golden 2012, 2014, 2015; Crown 2013, 2017; Caribbean 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018; Royal 2014; Star 2014; Regal 2016
Carnival: Elation 2005; Magic 2012, 2015; Breeze 2017, 2018; Vista 2019




castigat ridendo mores
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts - Mark Twain
#5
DeLand, FL
205 Posts
Joined May 2009
My husband and I are both military retirees. We will soon be Elite on Princess because we like to support a cruise line that appreciates us veterans. So we are shareholders as well. We also make sure to buy future cruises while onboard. All these combined gives some valuable OBC. Kudos to Princess and many, many thanks!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Upcoming
REGAL PRINCESS Nov 2018 NYC to FLL via Caribbean
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS Mar 2018 14 Day Circle Caribbean
PACIFIC PRINCESS Dec 2017 Transatlantic Rome to FLL
Completed
REGAL PRINCESS April 2016 Transatlantic FLL to Germany
EMERALD PRINCESS Jan 2016 Eastern Caribbean Voyager
GRAND PRINCESS Nov 2015 California Coastal RT San Francisco
OCEAN PRINCESS Jan 2015 French Polynesia RT Tahiti
OCEAN PRINCESS Jan 2015 Panama Canal to Tahiti
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS Dec 2014 Caribbean getaway to Grand Turk
NORWEGIAN GEM Sep 2014 Canada & New England
RUBY PRINCESS March 2014 Western Caribbean
CELEBRITY EQUINOX March 2014 Western Caribbean
CARNIVAL FREEDOM Feb 2014 Western Caribbean
DIAMOND PRINCESS Mar 2013 Sydney to Beijing
RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS Feb 2013 Queensland, Australia
EMERALD PRINCESS 2012 Baltic and Trans Atlantic
STAR PRINCESS 2011 Santiago/Cape Horn/Ft Laud
WESTERDAM 2010 TA/Med/Venice
NORWEGIAN DAWN 2009 Eastern Caribbean
CORAL PRINCESS 2008 Panama Canal
CROWN PRINCESS 2007 Canada & New England
ISLAND PRINCESS 2007 Alaska Cruisetour
QUEEN MARY 2 2007 Caribbean
1999-2006 Caribbean living aboard our own 40 ft sailboat "Dawn Treader"
#6
Somewhere out there...
1,690 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by satxdiver
The veterans OBC granted by Princess is indeed very nice and they let you add up all the OBC they grant. We are on a 14 day cruise next month and I am getting a $250 OBC due to veteran status. The stock holders OBC of $250 is not bad either plus the usual on-board booking OBC and one given by our TA and we will save a lot of money.

The former CEO of Princess was a Viet Nam veteran where he served as an enlisted rifle carrier. He is very active in veteran groups particularly the Viet Nam groups. He has since been promoted to corporate. Thank you Princess.
Originally posted by greenumbrella
My husband and I are both military retirees. We will soon be Elite on Princess because we like to support a cruise line that appreciates us veterans. So we are shareholders as well. We also make sure to buy future cruises while onboard. All these combined gives some valuable OBC. Kudos to Princess and many, many thanks!!
I have only done one Princess cruise so far, a 14 night Alaskan itinerary out of Vancouver, and got BOTH military AND shareholder OBCs of $250 each. On a base fare of $799pp... THAT makes for a GREAT deal and I hope to do more!

Booking through an on line cruise sight can get you ANOTHER $150 per 14 night cruise.

I am stalking two cruises on Star Princess in December. The first leg is 17 nights from LA to Valparaiso for $999pp with $650 OBC!

The second leg, 14 nights from Valparaiso to Rio is a bit pricey at $1999pp, but again you can get a total of $650 OBC.

31 nights for $2998pp (taxes and tips extra) with $1,300 OBC is still a pretty sweet deal!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Look Ma! NEW laptop! (Paid for with savings from Shareholder OBC!) But STILL using hunt and peck!
#7
San Diego
43 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
I know that Princess gives Military OBC in addition to the stock owners OBC, but we are traveling on Holland America next month and can't find any information about whether or not they do. They are both owned by Carnival Cruise Line.
#8
Oregon
573 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Originally posted by abdoll
I know that Princess gives Military OBC in addition to the stock owners OBC, but we are traveling on Holland America next month and can't find any information about whether or not they do. They are both owned by Carnival Cruise Line.
You must have returned home by now, so it is a little late for your last cruise, but Holland America does give OBC to stockholders but they do not give OBC to military. Some specific cruises may have a military benefit.

Princess is to be commended for recognizing military service by giving OBC. This is a great way to thank veterans. Well done Princess.
#9
WA state
2,970 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by Cruz-OR
You must have returned home by now, so it is a little late for your last cruise, but Holland America does give OBC to stockholders but they do not give OBC to military. Some specific cruises may have a military benefit.
I believe that Holland does, (or at least did,, they may not any more) give military on-board credit to active duty, but not to retirees or former active duty. I went online to the H-A website but was unable to find a search window or anything about any military benefit so that may be something that is no longer done. But you are right, Princess is very generous to current or former military and my wife and I certainly do appreciate it.

Tom
#10
Oregon
573 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Tom, Just found this info about Holland America and Military OBC:

"Holland America offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the Canadian Forces, United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy, Marines or Merchant Marines. Qualifying guests must present the proper military ID and a driver's license or passport at the time of booking."

Key info is 1) select sailings and 2) active duty.

Found this info on a cruise site that can't be mentioned here.
#11
WA state
2,970 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by Cruz-OR
Tom, Just found this info about Holland America and Military OBC:

"Holland America offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the Canadian Forces, United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy, Marines or Merchant Marines. Qualifying guests must present the proper military ID and a driver's license or passport at the time of booking."

Key info is 1) select sailings and 2) active duty.

Found this info on a cruise site that can't be mentioned here.
Yep, that's what I thought their policy was, although I couldn't remember what countries were included. Was unable to find any kind of a search location on the H-A website.

Thanks for providing the info!

Tom
#12
57 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Hi Guys,

Does Carnival give military OBC? I am going on two this year, and they never mentioned this to me. Where/how do I find out more info on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
#13
WA state
2,970 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by Cruise Stud
Hi Guys,

Does Carnival give military OBC? I am going on two this year, and they never mentioned this to me. Where/how do I find out more info on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am assuming that you are asking about Carnival Cruise Line itself, not the subsidiary companies in Carnival Corporation. If so, the place to look is https://www.carnival.com/legal/milit...onditions.aspx

Here is what is at that location:

The military promotion is available to the following members of the United States Military and Canadian Department of National Defense:
* Active Personnel
* Spouses of active Military personnel called to active duty or stationed overseas will be eligible to book one
cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by
submitting a copy of the official military orders and/or duties documentation and proof of marriage.
* Reserve Personnel
* Active Cadets
* U.S Coast Guard Personnel
* Active member of the National Guard
* Uniformed members of the USPHS (U.S Public Health Services)
* Retired Personnel
* Retired member of the National Guard
* Honorably Discharged member of the National Guard
* Veterans, defined as: Individuals who have actively served in the Military for at least two years or during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged.

RESTRICTIONS:
* Rates apply to qualifying military personnel who are permitted to book one stateroom.
* Retired military personnel may book one stateroom and must travel in this stateroom.
* Military rates are not applicable to: 1) employees of the Department of Defense/civilian personnel, 2) Military
Affiliates, and 3) Contractors for the military.

BOOKING PROCEDURES:
* The military personnel must submit verification of eligibility for confirmed bookings.
* Verification of eligibility includes one of the following:
* Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.
* Copy of military retirement papers (DD214 or DD256)
* Copy of proof of honorable discharge (Form DD214)
* Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military paystub, provided the social security
number is blackened out.
*Canadian Documentation:
  • Copy of NDI 20 (Active Members)
  • Copy of NDI 75 (Members that have been honorably discharged and have served at least 10 years)
* Verification documents qualifying the guest for military rates must be submitted for confirmed reservations within
72 hours for cruises outside one week prior to sailing and 24 hours for cruises within one week prior to sailing.
* The Verification of Employment may be faxed, emailed or mailed to our Interline Desk
Email to: Interline@carnival.com
Fax to: (305) 406-6478
Mail to: Carnival Cruise Lines – Guest Services MSGP-456s
3655 N.W. 87 Avenue - Miami FL 33178-2428
* For reservations made Friday through Sunday for guests sailing that Saturday, Sunday or Monday, the Employment verification must be faxed to the Attn of: Reservations Supervisor; fax: (305) 406-7192.
#15
WA state
2,970 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by Cruise Stud
Thanks---is that for the military discount, or the actual military On Board Credit?
Without at least a partial quote of the message you're replying to, I don't know if your comment is to me or someone else but I'm going to assume it wa my post that elicited your question. As I interpret what I found on the Carnival site, that applies to the military discount. As far as I know, and I certainly may be wrong, the only cruise line that gives on-board credit is Princess. The others give reduced prices on cruises.

Tom
#16
DeLand, FL
205 Posts
Joined May 2009
On our last cruise, we actually had more OBC than we really wanted to spend onboard. We found out that while all other OBCs must be used while on the ship, your Princess military OBC is actually refundable. So a month after the cruise, we received a check in the mail. So it became a discount on the total cost of the cruise. Thanks again, Princess!!
#17
WA state
2,970 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by greenumbrella
On our last cruise, we actually had more OBC than we really wanted to spend onboard. We found out that while all other OBCs must be used while on the ship, your Princess military OBC is actually refundable. So a month after the cruise, we received a check in the mail. So it became a discount on the total cost of the cruise. Thanks again, Princess!!
The only thing you have to be careful about is that the refund check for the military OBC appears similar to junk mail according to some people who have accidentally trashed their refund check. So keep a sharp lookout when you've got a refund coming. Right now it's taking 4 weeks plus for the refund checks to come in, so don't get too anxious!

Tom
#18
Australia
88 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Just to add a little to the discussion. Princess and P&O Australia also offer the same OBC for Australian military and ex military. This shows up when you view the Aust version of their web site.

A question re the Shareholders credits. Can each of two people in a cabin claim this benefit it they are both shareholders?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature








Sea Princess 2 - 19 Sep 2017. Sydney - Fremantle. (17 nights)
Sea Princess 29 Aug - 2 Sep 2017. Auckland - Sydney. (4 nights)
Majestic Princess 18 Jun - 9 Jul 2017. Singapore - Shanghai. (21 nights)
Voyager of the Seas 12 June - 17 Jun 2017. Singapore - Singapore. (5 nights)
Golden Princess 19 Apr - 21 Apr 2017. Melbourne to Sydney. (2 nights)
Sea Princess 01 Apr - 5 Apr 2017. Auckland to Sydney. (4 nights)
Golden Princess 18 Jan - 31 Jan 2017. Melbourne - Melbourne. (13 nights)
Golden Princess 12 Dec - 16 Dec 2016. Melbourne to Auckland. (4 nights)
Golden Princess 17 Oct - 11 Nov 2016. Beijing to Sydney. (25 nights)
Pacific Jewel 14 - 25 June 2016. Sydney - Sydney via Papua New Guinea. (11 nights)
Golden Princess 4 - 6 Apr 2016. Melbourne - Sydney. (2 nights)
P&O Pacific Eden 11 - 15 Mar 2016. Melbourne - Eden - Melbourne. (4 nights)
P&O Aurora 25 Jan - 11 Feb 2016. San Francisco - Auckland. (16 nights)
Sea Princess 4 - 18 Dec 2015. Brisbane - Brisbane via New Zealand. (14 nights)
Golden Princess 3 - 19 Dec 2014. Long Beach - Santiago. (16 nights)
Pride of America Nov 2010. Honolulu - Honolulu. (7 nights)
#19
WA state
2,970 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by straitman
Just to add a little to the discussion. Princess and P&O Australia also offer the same OBC for Australian military and ex military. This shows up when you view the Aust version of their web site.

A question re the Shareholders credits. Can each of two people in a cabin claim this benefit it they are both shareholders?
I believe that is restricted to 1 per stateroom, but I'm not sure about that. It might be okay if the shareholders are not spouses. I know the military OBC is not restricted to 1 per stateroom.

Tom
#20
Australia
88 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by Pierlesscruisers
I believe that is restricted to 1 per stateroom, but I'm not sure about that. It might be okay if the shareholders are not spouses. I know the military OBC is not restricted to 1 per stateroom.

Tom
Thanks.

My wife and I both get the military OBC but I've not previously heard of the shareholders offer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature








Sea Princess 2 - 19 Sep 2017. Sydney - Fremantle. (17 nights)
Sea Princess 29 Aug - 2 Sep 2017. Auckland - Sydney. (4 nights)
Majestic Princess 18 Jun - 9 Jul 2017. Singapore - Shanghai. (21 nights)
Voyager of the Seas 12 June - 17 Jun 2017. Singapore - Singapore. (5 nights)
Golden Princess 19 Apr - 21 Apr 2017. Melbourne to Sydney. (2 nights)
Sea Princess 01 Apr - 5 Apr 2017. Auckland to Sydney. (4 nights)
Golden Princess 18 Jan - 31 Jan 2017. Melbourne - Melbourne. (13 nights)
Golden Princess 12 Dec - 16 Dec 2016. Melbourne to Auckland. (4 nights)
Golden Princess 17 Oct - 11 Nov 2016. Beijing to Sydney. (25 nights)
Pacific Jewel 14 - 25 June 2016. Sydney - Sydney via Papua New Guinea. (11 nights)
Golden Princess 4 - 6 Apr 2016. Melbourne - Sydney. (2 nights)
P&O Pacific Eden 11 - 15 Mar 2016. Melbourne - Eden - Melbourne. (4 nights)
P&O Aurora 25 Jan - 11 Feb 2016. San Francisco - Auckland. (16 nights)
Sea Princess 4 - 18 Dec 2015. Brisbane - Brisbane via New Zealand. (14 nights)
Golden Princess 3 - 19 Dec 2014. Long Beach - Santiago. (16 nights)
Pride of America Nov 2010. Honolulu - Honolulu. (7 nights)