Doing Hidden Gems on NCL last day

Boatingmom

Has anybody done this on their last day? I was wondering if you leave early to get the full 7 hour tour before departing Bermuda or if it's a shortened tour?? Also.... if shortened to five hours was the price adjusted? Wanted to use once so not booking thru company direct

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have the same question! It is listed as an excursion through NCL for our last day and I would probably only feel comfortable booking through NCL in that case. I believe it is listed as being 9-4 and we depart Bermuda at 5:30. We are planning to book our excursions this weekend so we will have to decide.

I reserved this for our last day (July 28). I booked through NCL, as it seemed like the only way to fit the tour in. NCL has one beginning at 7:30 a.m. If it runs the full 7 hours, it should return just in time for "all aboard" at 2:30 p.m.

Hidden Gems offers tours booked directly through them on the same day, but they are later, and they wouldn't work for those with the Breakaway's departure time.

• 2 weeks later...
I reserved this for our last day (July 28). I booked through NCL, as it seemed like the only way to fit the tour in. NCL has one beginning at 7:30 a.m. If it runs the full 7 hours, it should return just in time for "all aboard" at 2:30 p.m.

Hidden Gems offers tours booked directly through them on the same day, but they are later, and they wouldn't work for those with the Breakaway's departure time.

So how was it? I am doing this the first week in Sept.

This tour was fantastic! I'd highly recommend it! We did get almost the full 7 hours (we left promptly at 7:30 a.m. and returned to the Dockyard maybe about 10 minutes early at 2:20 p.m.). For those booking on the last day in port, it is definitely worth it (for your piece of mind) to book through the cruise line. The guides did a good job keeping us on track and moving us along without making us feel terribly rushed. Our driver/guide was Michael and our main guide was Alicia. They were some of the best guides I've ever had on a tour--so personable and knowledgeable and extremely patient. The only place I wish we would have had a little more time was at Cooper's Island for snorkeling. We wound up with 30 minutes, whereas I believe I've read other groups have had 45. One small piece of advice: if you have Tevas or other water shoes, definitely bring them. They will let you do the whole tour in Tevas (as long as they have rugged bottoms and straps). If you don't have them, wear closed toed shoes that you don't mind getting muddy and bring some kind of cheap dollar store water shoe to protect your foot. Walking into the caves and up to cliff jumping barefoot was pretty uncomfortable for some in the group. My younger son and I wore Tevas the whole time and actually swam and cliff jumped in them (salt content of the water was high and we were quite buoyant, even with them on).

This tour was fantastic! I'd highly recommend it! We did get almost the full 7 hours (we left promptly at 7:30 a.m. and returned to the Dockyard maybe about 10 minutes early at 2:20 p.m.). For those booking on the last day in port, it is definitely worth it (for your piece of mind) to book through the cruise line. The guides did a good job keeping us on track and moving us along without making us feel terribly rushed. Our driver/guide was Michael and our main guide was Alicia. They were some of the best guides I've ever had on a tour--so personable and knowledgeable and extremely patient. The only place I wish we would have had a little more time was at Cooper's Island for snorkeling. We wound up with 30 minutes, whereas I believe I've read other groups have had 45. One small piece of advice: if you have Tevas or other water shoes, definitely bring them. They will let you do the whole tour in Tevas (as long as they have rugged bottoms and straps). If you don't have them, wear closed toed shoes that you don't mind getting muddy and bring some kind of cheap dollar store water shoe to protect your foot. Walking into the caves and up to cliff jumping barefoot was pretty uncomfortable for some in the group. My younger son and I wore Tevas the whole time and actually swam and cliff jumped in them (salt content of the water was high and we were quite buoyant, even with them on).

Yay, so happy to hear you enjoyed it! We booked it through NCL for our last day also. We wanted to see more of the island but didn't want to have to worry about getting back in time. Thanks for the tips!

Excellent! I plan to wear sneakers and bring water shoes and flip flops (to wear in that order). 😊 Sounds perfect!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Does this tour have a difficult level of walking?

The walking is fairly easy. There are a few places getting in and out of the caves and lagoon that are more difficult but the guide is very cautious and helpful in explaining where to step and hold on and offering a hand.

It was an awesome excursion and a highlight of my trip. Unless you have a legitimate mobility issue, then I would definitely recommend this excursion.

I forgot to come back and post—the tour was great! So much fun and doing it on the last day through NCL was great I thought as we got to have a full day without worrying about getting back to the ship.

There are some rocks, exposed trees roots, etc. and some bending and stooping going in and out of the caves. So not hard but you just have to watch your footing a little.