Jade - Nightlife, activities, age range...worried about our trip

RyTroup

So, I am writing here because every year our family (group of 10-25 each year all over 25 years old) takes a cruise. Our first cruise was on a Princess cruise and lets just say the atmosphere and feel of the ship was not for us. Bars closed at 9pm and the cruise was very focused on the 65+ crowd.

Since then, we have always went on large new ships (Carnival sunshine and Breeze, Norwegian Escape) with lots to do and a younger crowd.

So my question is, is there a nightlife and energy on the cruise on the Jade or are we going to be taken back to the Princess cruise of a much older and tame crowd. Also, by no means do we need a spring break wild party atmosphere, but we need a little more fun then BINGO.

Thank you!

I am interested in this too but know that it partially depends on the length of the cruise as well as the season. We have Jade booked for a 11 day Panama Canal cruise which includes TG so I’m not sure. We are in our 50’s and not wild party guests but do like to eat, drink, dance and be merry later than 9 pm. LOL

Next March we're sailing on the Jade, which will be our 14th NCL cruise and 35th overall, so we've been on just about every mass market line there is and then some. This will be our first trip on the Jade, but most of the NCL ships are very similar. We've only been on NCL in Hawaii, Caribbean, Mexico, and Panama Canal. I mention that because you didn't state your destination and European cruises tend to have a different nightlife schedule than other "sunny" destinations.

I don't think you'll have a problem finding something for everyone to do. There will be two times for theater shows, usually 7 and 9 as well as multiple venues for different kinds of music. Usually around 8:30 there is some kind of game show in the smaller theater. There's often a karaoke bar, piano bar, dance bar, and club like nightclub. Usually in the club there is a theme night party that doesn't start until around 10:30. I've often regretted that we didn't stay up late enough for those parties, but my husband isn't much for late night after snorkeling and being in the sun all day and now we have a six year old dd. However, when we were on the 14 day PC trip my dd was 3 1/2 and was then (and still is now) a huge night owl and dance party fiend. There were many nights that we would go to the show, then to dinner, she'd go to the kids club until it closed at 10 while we cruised around the ship, and then my dh would go to bed. DD was not ready for sleeping yet so we'd go to a dance party for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes they were in the clubs, sometimes on the pool deck, but they were always fun. So, in short, I don't think you'll find a shortage of things to do.

With all freestyle dining though, you'll want to figure out how you'll manage dinner with a group that size because you won't have an assigned time and table. If you all want to eat together or a large group wants to be together, go to the maitre'd the first night (or possibly book online ahead of time - I've never done that) and request a standing reservation time in the dining room. If everyone is one their own to dine whenever, then NCL is perfect. Keeping people together is possible but it will need a little more planning.

Have fun!

The Jewel class ships certainly have a more traditional cruise feel to them, but on a Caribbean cruise you should be fine. We were on The Pearl in Alaska in July there wasn't much happening after 10pm (but we were good with that as the focus was the destination on this occasion)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am interested in this too but know that it partially depends on the length of the cruise as well as the season. We have Jade booked for a 11 day Panama Canal cruise which includes TG so I’m not sure. We are in our 50’s and not wild party guests but do like to eat, drink, dance and be merry later than 9 pm. LOL

When are you going on your cruise?

Much depends on the time of year. We took the PC cruise on the Pearl (similar to the Jade) for 11 days right before Christmas a couple of years ago and there was always action, although oddly the game shows were not well attended, but the parties were very popular. There was a wide range of ages. I suppose everyone was resting up to dance.

On the Jade last January for 12 days and about the same time as yours is planned, it was a very gray group and, although we fall into that category (barely), we mostly hung around with younger folks and there were many, primarily because we tend to participate in the cruise director staff planned activities. But it did seem that many of the younger PX were from other countries, e.g., Canada, Great Britain, etc. Winter vacations seem to be a big deal in those countries. That said, those younger PX did seem to have an excellent time.

Will there be as much to do as when you were on the Escape? Maybe not. Do they close the bars at 9:00? Absolutely not. The dance band and the DJ play until there are no more dancers, I think.

I would not worry about it. You will have a good time if you make it a good time with good friends, good drinks, good food, some music, and warm days.

If there are that many of you should have no problem making the night for everyone, you are the party.

I’ve sailed big and small boats, the Jade is a fine ship...but it is a little quieter than say the Epic/Escape type ships. The biggest thing I missed is less live music venues and no piano bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All super helpful information. We always make it a good time with our group but just didn't want to fall into the princess cruise where everything was closed at 9pm and it was a ghost town on the entire ship past 9:30pm.

To be honest, we found the escape to be too overcrowded and not enough room on the top deck. Looking forward to the Jade!