MSC Opera To Sail Year Round From Havana, Cuba In 2017

Mikesa1721

2016-05-28-12.25.51.jpg

GENOA. May 28 MSC Preziosa docked at the port of Genoa, was the scene today of an event to celebrate the richness of Cuba as a tourist and cultural destination that since last December welcomes more visitors, especially from the beautiful country. An appointment that fits inside of two intense days dedicated to economic realities, cultural and tourist in Cuba organized by Casa America Foundation together with the Cuban Embassy in Italy.

Numerous guests involved by the Foundation on the ship, including the Ambassador of the Republic of Cuba in Italy Alba Beatriz Soto Pimentel who stepped in to tell the cultural attractions of the Caribbean island, where the sun shines for 330 days a year.

The choice of MSC Cruises ship as a location was not accidental, because the company is the first to have entered this Caribbean island among cruise destinations since December 2015.

After the world record of Havana reached through MSC Opera that from December 18, 2015 did base in the Cuban capital for the entire winter season, to continue to respond to a growing demand, the coming winter MSC Cruises aims to double the offer: MSC Armonia MSC Opera will join doubling the number of routes on departure from Cuba in the Caribbean Sea. Thanks to the Renaissance Program, the two ships have been completely renovated in order to be prepared to offer a distinctive experience MSC cruise in the Caribbean. Not only that: once the winter season, MSC Opera will stay in Havana for the summer in 2017 and the following winter.

The landing of MSC Cruises in Cuba has revealed a new opportunity to discover this destination in its most authentic robe and wander into the lives of its people and its rich culture.

"We were the first to seize the opportunity of proposing Cuba as a cruise destination, and the market has rewarded us because of travelers response was terrific - explains Leonardo Massa, MSC Country Manager Italy. We have therefore decided to invest in this destination with an offer even richer: MSC Opera we have added for next winter MSC Armonia with new itineraries, and we are implementing the Fly & Cruise packages from Italy. We are confident that Cuba will remain in the heart of all our cruise passengers who have taken and will seize this new opportunity for discovery and cultural enrichment. "

"Cuba - said the Ambassador in Italy Soto Pimentel - is an aggregator of natural scenery and breathtaking views that are in pristine beaches, the lush greenery and in the underground caves that have made her one of the most desired destinations in the world. But the island is also home to 10 sites that have been recognized by UNESCO World Heritage Site and is mainly due to its rich cultural heritage that has earned worldwide fame that attracts tourists from all over the world: his history, its flavors and its cultures have made it a unique tourist destination in its kind.

The island combines the lure of exhilarating nightlife accompanied by the famous combination of the excellent Cuban rum and cigars to charm a rich history of culture and traditions. "

The itineraries of MSC Opera and MSC Armonia departing from Havana.

MSC Opera prepares then in his second season in Havana, where last winter offers weekly cruises to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Mexico, with two and a half days and two nights in the Cuban capital. Even MSC Armonia will alternate two culturally different itineraries, lasting eight days and seven nights, which will enrich the selection of unmissable destinations offered by MSC Cruises in Central America and the Caribbean. During the stop of two and a half days in Havana, guests onboard MSC Opera will be able to explore the beautiful old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site by UNESCO, to discover the history, culture and architecture. Havana No visit would be complete without a stroll on the famous Malecon promenade, where you can enjoy the famous laid-back island life. The island of Cozumel, in the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula, offers the spectacle of ancient Mayan ruins in Tulum. Travelers will be able to snorkel with sea turtles and swim in the fresh water caves, explore the ancient Mayan caves or bask in the natural beauty of the island, after the Quintana Roo coast. In Montego Bay, the northwest coast of Jamaica, guests can go rafting on the Martha Brae River, a tour in the old plantation estate Good Hope or try to understand the mysteries of the Rose Hall Great House - fascinating evidence colonial rich stories and intrigue. In Georgetown, Cayman Islands, guests can snorkel in the city of Stingram, take a catamaran to the coral reef or just relax on the white beach of Seven Mile, on the west coast of Grand Cayman, known for its beautiful waters and coral beaches

The cruise passengers of MSC Cruises come from more than 150 countries and the company has for them a huge offer 'Fly & Cruise', packages including most cruise flight to and from major airports around the world. Even in Italy the Company has a comprehensive selection to the Cuban capital with direct weekly flights to Havana from Fiumicino and Malpensa.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Thanks for sharing this information regarding Cuba and MSC linking up. It doesn't surprise me that a European company like MSC would see the benefit in cruising this region. Cuba is such a unique mixture of European/Cuban and Caribbean cultures that it will make for a very different experience.

I usually cruise with NCL but have just recently started looking at MSC as an alternative and this really adds an interesting viewpoint.

Connie

• 3 months later...

We are booked Dec 24 to 31st. Booked through Sunwing. Got a great deal and I believe the prices have dropped so even better if you book now. We are looking forward to the cruise. Our first cruise. We have been to all of the port of call except Cayman Islands. Will enjoy time again Havana, this time at night and spend time on the ship. I will post a review upon our return. Any info anyone has, we will take.

• 2 weeks later...

Am quite interested in Cuba, but I would be at a big disadvantage compared to most passengers because I cannot speak Spanish. Having been on many Caribbean cruises, I know that half of the passengers speak spanish. I'm guessing that a Cuban cruise would have at least 75% passengers who speak Spanish.

I would still love to do it, but i understand there will be a language barrier which currently doesn't exist on most US & European cruises.

I'm really interested in taking the msc cruise from Cuba. However, it doesn't show up on the american website. Is there any way for americans to book it? I think this is a better fit for us than the Fathom cruise-I'm not really interested in trying that one.