Evening wear on Silver Galapagos

labates629

We are booked on 1/27 Galapagos cruise, and I am a little confused about the evening dress code. I have read that it is a little more casual than is typical on a non expedition Silversea cruise, but what does that mean exactly? I can't find any photos of people in the bar, at dinner to get an idea. Do women still wear heels/nice dresses etc. or is it a lot more casual/relaxed? I am all set for daytime with rash guards, UPF tops etc but I don't want to feel out of place in the evenings.

It's a lot easier for guys!

It is definitely more casual than a regular Silversea cruise. I took one cocktail dress and pair of heels which I wore to the Captains welcome and farewell dinners. Other nights I either wore slacks and a nice top or a sundress. For comparison, normally I would bring multiple cocktail dresses and at least one evening gown.

My husband wore slacks and long sleeved dress shirt. He didn't even bring a tie or coat.

I tried to find a picture of evening on the ship, but the only one I have is the night we ate at Hot Rocks, not really representative. My husband has on jeans and is wearing his cowboy hat since we are outdoors.

Edited by RachelG
added info

We did this cruise last January. (We loved it and I hope you do to.) Evenings were definitely casual. My husband did not take a tie. He wore a polo or dress shirt to dinners. I wore very simple dresses or black pants with low healed or flat sandals. We always like to change for dinner just to freshen up. This is a very active cruise where we spent our days hiking, kayaking and snorkeling.

Thank you ladies that is helpful! I will leave the fancy dresses behind :)

Good plan.

If you have more than 1 swimsuit, bring extra as there is no washer or dryer for guests to use, and it seemed to take forever for mine to dry after I rinsed it out and hung it in the shower.