Combining Distinctive Voyages and Take 5 - Specifically Excursion Credit

pauln_dtd

I'm on a 9-day repositioning from Boston in November 2018 with the Distinctive Voyages promo and noticed this morning that the Take 5 promotion includes that cruise as well.

I searched on here and it appeared that some people were able to combine the two (I'm not terribly concerned about the internet package, but would like double shore excursion credit) and stack them on top of each other.

I called NCL and the person I spoke to said that it was one or the other. It says they can be combined, but he made it sound like I wasn't going to be able to get $100/port.

Just wondering if anyone else had dealt with this and I should call back and try and get someone else.

Thanks in advance.

I'm on a 9-day repositioning from Boston in November 2018 with the Distinctive Voyages promo and noticed this morning that the Take 5 promotion includes that cruise as well.

I searched on here and it appeared that some people were able to combine the two (I'm not terribly concerned about the internet package, but would like double shore excursion credit) and stack them on top of each other.

I called NCL and the person I spoke to said that it was one or the other. It says they can be combined, but he made it sound like I wasn't going to be able to get $100/port.

Just wondering if anyone else had dealt with this and I should call back and try and get someone else.

Thanks in advance.

It is actually double ($100 each port) if you book a Distinctive Voyage and receive all 5 offers. I am booked on a sailing with both of those specials and we received double internet minutes (total 500 minutes) and double excursion credit ($100 total). Ask them to send you the amenity confirmation, it shows up on mine.

I think the issue is not that it shows on the Amenity confirmation but whether or not we'll actually be able to get the guest service people onboard to apply the 2 different $50 credits.

I also have both of these and supposedly you can combine them, I'm hoping for the best but will see what happens once we're on the ship. There have been reports that people were able to use both but you never know. I will definitely take all my paperwork showing the amenities.

It is actually double ($100 each port) if you book a Distinctive Voyage and receive all 5 offers. I am booked on a sailing with both of those specials and we received double internet minutes (total 500 minutes) and double excursion credit ($100 total). Ask them to send you the amenity confirmation, it shows up on mine.

I also recently booked with both offers showing up just as Marine Mom's did. I can see it all noted on my NCL Confirmation PDF they send you by email once you book. :D

I think the issue is not that it shows on the Amenity confirmation but whether or not we'll actually be able to get the guest service people onboard to apply the 2 different $50 credits.

I also have both of these and supposedly you can combine them, I'm hoping for the best but will see what happens once we're on the ship. There have been reports that people were able to use both but you never know. I will definitely take all my paperwork showing the amenities.

This is my thinking as well. I have both the Distinctive Voyages perk and the Take 5 perk so my invoice and my Amenities list show both Shore Excursion credits.

But often times on NCL the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing so I will be taking my paperwork with me.

I asked the same question on CC and was told yes, $50 per cabin per port form choose 2 or 5 promo plus $50 per cabin per port from DV. NCL said the same and TA confirmed the same.

How it is all applied onboard, I still have to see. It says somewhere on the confirmation that shore excursion using this credit can be booked by calling a phone # or onboard.

My understanding is that it can be booked by calling a special number or onboard. Your onboard account is then charged for the excursion and after you take the excursion your onboard account is credited with the promo amount.

Just wait until I also try to get my Platinum Latitude discount. LOL! That should make for fun. And as said be sure to bring your paperwork. Good luck everyone. Whoever cruises first, please let the rest of us know how it goes.

I am on the Gem in February with both promo's and on my NCL I only have $50 each port and only 250 minutes. Do I call NCL to fix this or my travel agent. I am still trying to get confirmation from my TA on the flights and hotel for the distinctive voyage promo.

I booked with all 5 perks and distinctive voyages and my confirmation sheet shows :1x50 per port AND 1x choice Shore excursion credit. I actually got 2x 250 min internet, plus 1x internet package (30 min). These are all listed under : Add-ons but I think it is a good idea to call and have them email your amenity confirmation just to be safe! I have heard stories of people getting on board and having to fight for what was promised. That could put a damper on things. Either way we are SO excited to have so many perks this time around, we usually just get the "pick 2" .. Happy sailing to all!

Good luck everyone. Whoever cruises first, please let the rest of us know how it goes.

I think assuming that if one person gets both, then everyone cruising after on any ship will get both probably isn’t realistic. I would hope it would be consistent on the same cruise, but I won’t even be surprised if this wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think assuming that if one person gets both, then everyone cruising after on any ship will get both probably isn’t realistic. I would hope it would be consistent on the same cruise, but I won’t even be surprised if this wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well yes, very true. But at least if someone gets it we can have hope. LOL! Not going to let it ruin my cruise either way.

Certain cruises are not eligible for the choose 5. I previously booked on Gem for a March sailing, which is a distinctive cruise with excursion credits. NCL reran their choose 5 promo and I had my TA try to add this, to double my excursion credits. NG. When I pursued the NCL offer myself, that particular cruise did not come up as eligible for the Promo.

So, it all depends on the specific cruise whether you can double up on the excursions.

• 9 months later...

Has anybody had issues with with getting both (dist. voyage & free at sea) $50 shore excursion credits applied at guest services?

I plan on taking my ammenity confirmation but I'm hoping this turns out to be a smooth process and not a headache with guest services.

Has anybody had issues with with getting both (dist. voyage & free at sea) $50 shore excursion credits applied at guest services?

I plan on taking my ammenity confirmation but I'm hoping this turns out to be a smooth process and not a headache with guest services.

No problems at all. This thread is a bit old and there was a lot of misinformation when DV first came out. It's been confirmed that you can combine the DV perks with both the Lat. rewards benies and the Free at sea promos.

Enjoy your cruise

We just did Panama canal Seattle to Orlando in April. You have to call the shore excursion number to book your excursions before you leave. They won't charge you when you book them they will be in your cabin when you board and added to your account. We got both for a total of 100. It's the least confusing way to do it and the shore excursion number and desk on the ship are very knowledgeable on using both. I did request a amenities confirmation right when I booked and always take it with me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app