Infinity's Interior Designer(s)

popeduck

I'm curious. With all the buzz about Celebrity "Solsticizing" their ships, starting recently with Infinity, why is there no mention of the designers? Whenever a Carnival ship is discussed, the name Joe Farcus pops up immediately. Who are the talented people behind Celebrity's interior design? Having cruised on the Infinity, I thought the interior was brilliant before, and now in the pics of the refurb, it looks even better; hip and chic but still elegant and understated. Who are those humble designing "celebrities?"

I'm curious. With all the buzz about Celebrity "Solsticizing" their ships, starting recently with Infinity, why is there no mention of the designers? Whenever a Carnival ship is discussed, the name Joe Farcus pops up immediately. Who are the talented people behind Celebrity's interior design? Having cruised on the Infinity, I thought the interior was brilliant before, and now in the pics of the refurb, it looks even better; hip and chic but still elegant and understated. Who are those humble designing "celebrities?"

Having just done my only cruise on Carnival - the hideous Pride, I don't know why anyone would make a big deal out of Joe Farcus's supposed design talents - give me the anonomous RC/X designers anytime!

We just received in the mail the Winter 2011 Captain's Club News and there's a long article in there titled "Solsticing: Blending the best of two classes Behind the scenes with the man who helps make it all happen" It's an interview with "Emilio Perez, Manager of Architectural Design at Celebrity, for a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to design a ship - and more specifically, what "Solsticizing" Millennium Class ships is all about"

So, there's the name of the top man doing this Mllennium updating. He doesn't give any other names. Perez says he worked for Gensler before coming to Celebrity and his previous experience was with resort development in the Caribbean and Domincan Republic. He's been with Celebrity for 6 years now.

Archived