Charges for drinks outside the package

Paul S

We have just booked on the Pursuit for 2019, which will be our first cruise with Azamara since 2012, during which time lots of things have changed! I know our trip is a long way ahead, but would be gratefulfor help on the following:

I understand that the included drinks package covers the lower priced brands. Having looked through the threads, I am unclear as to what would happen if I wanted something outside the basic package. For example, I'm very partial to a Negroni, but Campari is not included in the basic one. If I don't want to purchase an upgraded package, do I pay the full bar list price for a Negroni, or just a supplement?

If I were to upgrade the drinks package, is the cost subject to the addition of a gratuity?

A final question - if we wanted to bring our own wine or spirits on board, is this allowed, is there a charge, and how much would it be?

Many thanks,

Paul S

We have just booked on the Pursuit for 2019, which will be our first cruise with Azamara since 2012, during which time lots of things have changed! I know our trip is a long way ahead, but would be gratefulfor help on the following:

I understand that the included drinks package covers the lower priced brands. Having looked through the threads, I am unclear as to what would happen if I wanted something outside the basic package. For example, I'm very partial to a Negroni, but Campari is not included in the basic one. If I don't want to purchase an upgraded package, do I pay the full bar list price for a Negroni, or just a supplement?

If I were to upgrade the drinks package, is the cost subject to the addition of a gratuity?

A final question - if we wanted to bring our own wine or spirits on board, is this allowed, is there a charge, and how much would it be?

Many thanks,

Paul S

To answer your questions

A campari shot is $5.95 and it could then be mixed with the included drinks. There are no gratuities on Azamara apart from in the Spa. You can bring as much wine and spirits onboard as you want, either for consumption in your own room or, in the case of wine, the corkage is $10

Jus to to clarify UKtogs post, corkage is only applied if you take your own wine into dinner, if you consume it in your own room, there is no additional charge.

Correct. There is no corkage charge if you open your wine in your stateroom/suite.

P.S. Welcome back to Paul S!

I am partial to Aperol Spritz. We bought a bottle of Aperol at the grocery store in Venice and I would pour some into a glass with ice, then go to a bar and ask for the glass to be filled with sparkling and a splash of soda. Never a problem.

You could do the same with Campari.

I am guessing you want to know the charge or your favorite drink plus tip.

As someone who drinks

1. Cosmo's made with Grey Goose or better vodka

2. Dark and Stormy's

3. Red Stripe

4. dessert drinks

I PAY by the DRINK and each DRINK is charges 18% TIP. so yes there a tip charge per drink. So the above poster is wrong. I never drink the well vodka.

Wine in captain is free. I think a bottle of your own wine is $10 per bottle . .at least it was the last time I brought a bottle several years ago

Another Negroni lover and just back from an Azamara cruise on the Quest last week. Negronis were either $6 or $6.50 (sorry, I can't remember exactly). They were made with an upgraded gin (though I actually prefer the basic Beefeater over Tanq 10 in a Negroni) and made the way I like - equal parts. The chit you are given to sign has a place for you to enter a tip but it's optional. I didn't see any 18% tip on my bills.

I am guessing you want to know the charge or your favorite drink plus tip.

As someone who drinks

1. Cosmo's made with Grey Goose or better vodka

2. Dark and Stormy's

3. Red Stripe

4. dessert drinks

I PAY by the DRINK and each DRINK is charges 18% TIP. so yes there a tip charge per drink. So the above poster is wrong. I never drink the well vodka.

Wine in captain is free. I think a bottle of your own wine is $10 per bottle . .at least it was the last time I brought a bottle several years ago

I disagree we only pay the listed price on the bar menu for all the “off the included” drinks we have. I have checked back our last bill and the sims are 5.95 and 6.95 and 6.50 for a cocktail

Your comment re the wine from the captain (actually we got bubbles maybe they know us too well!) is correct but as that bottle you refer to only goes to the top cruiser or cruisers it’s a little OT. Don’t want the captain being chased around by everyone for a bottle!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am partial to Aperol Spritz. We bought a bottle of Aperol at the grocery store in Venice and I would pour some into a glass with ice, then go to a bar and ask for the glass to be filled with sparkling and a splash of soda. Never a problem.

You could do the same with Campari.

Surely that is not really in the spirit of things, (excuse the pun) if you plan to drink that openly in lounges and not in your cabin?

Yes but it has to be for the rest of the cruise. So four days in on a ten night cruise you can buy a package for six days. You can’t buy one just for the next two days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wrote captain not cabin, sorry!

I do not drink bubbles at times the bottle been switch out, my last top,cruiser bottle was given to me so late in cruise I gave it to an Fei ER to drink. Other bottles have been switch out fir me,

I do nit drink wine in cabin alone but have the bottle left in Prime C.

I

Another Negroni lover and just back from an Azamara cruise on the Quest last week. Negronis were either $6 or $6.50 (sorry, I can't remember exactly). They were made with an upgraded gin (though I actually prefer the basic Beefeater over Tanq 10 in a Negroni) and made the way I like - equal parts. The chit you are given to sign has a place for you to enter a tip but it's optional. I didn't see any 18% tip on my bills.

We usually go for premium brands (Tanq 10 is our preference for gin, along with Antica Formula in a Negroni) and can taste the difference when using house spirits in a cocktail, so prefer one good cocktail made with the best compared to more but made with cheaper brands. However, at one or possibly two a day we would be better off paying the extra charge per drink from our OBC rather than upgrading the package.We had a holiday in Florence earlier in the year, and had the opportunity to try the range of Negronis offered by Caffe Cavalli, the current incarnation of Caffe Casoni where the Negroni was invented.