What's hapened to Poesia cruise in March 2019

madmacs

Booked on Poesia from Santos to Venice on 10 March (having a holiday in South America and seemed a nice relaxing way to get home). Logged on to "my cruise" yesterday and said I had booked Santos to Warnemunde on 31 March. Contacted MSC UK today via TA who knew nothing about any change. You can't book either cruise on 10 or 31 March on line so don't really know what MSC are doing.

I know cruise companies change and cancel but they should at least have the courtesy to let customers know. Does anyone know what they are doing?

• 2 weeks later...

I am so annoyed with the lack of communication by MSC. I have no problem with cruise companies changing cruises as long as they communicate. It has happened with other companies... but they have all advised us in advance. It is now getting on for three weeks since I picked up the cruise might have changed, but we have heard nothing from MSC.

MSC have changed the date of our cruise from Santos from the 10th of March to the 31st of March, and show us going on this cruise. The delay is of no use to us as we were planning a relaxing trip home after a holiday in South America. They do have a cruise to Europe on the 15th of March which might be ok.

However no one at MSC will communicate with either my TA or myself. They have not written, emailed or called. Both my TA and myself have called, emailed and I have even written to the UK Managing Director. In response zero, nothing. All the staff when you phone say is "we will contact you Travel Agent" but never do.

I know our holiday is a year away but even so.... Frankly this is really terrible customer service. What is the experience of others dealing with MSC?

MSC has been helpful when I call them on the phone. If your TA can’t communicate with them, I’d call MSC directly. Not sure what they’ll be able to do given your cruise is that far out, and could be subject to change again. But, give them a call.

I’m leaving on my 2nd MSC cruise (Meriviglia) this week. Had some last minute updates to make with them (like credit card info). I called them directly. No problem.

MSC has been helpful when I call them on the phone. If your TA can’t communicate with them, I’d call MSC directly. Not sure what they’ll be able to do given your cruise is that far out, and could be subject to change again. But, give them a call.

I’m leaving on my 2nd MSC cruise (Meriviglia) this week. Had some last minute updates to make with them (like credit card info). I called them directly. No problem.

Thanks - have called. Just told they will contact my T/A but they don't. It's not the cancelling that bugs me but the lac of communication