Where to stay for a night or two post cruise in New Orleans?/

JRinSC

Hi all,

We're ending an ACL cruise in early Aug (2017) and need a nice but not pricey hotel to stay after our river trip. I read on here of the Hilton Garden Inn on S. Peter's St. Has anyone every stayed there or can suggest another hotel close in that you have enjoyed.

Thanks in advance...

Julian

• 1 year later...

I don't know what Hilton Garden Inn on St Peters you're talking about - I don't know of one. I'm a local and there are Hilton and Hilton Garden Inns, but not on St Peters. You're coming at a good time for prices (but it will be HOT and HUMID!!) The best hotel depends on where in the city you want to stay. If you want to be IN the French Quarter, the prices are higher because that's where everyone wants to be. If you want to be downtown you don't have to stay IN the French Quarter, you can be close and that's good enough. If you don't care where you stay, the burbs are cheaper, but your savings will be eaten up on transportation. The best "all purpose" hotels would be on one of the streetcar lines or close to them. Any of the hotels on Canal Street between the river and Baronne/Dauphine (street names change at Canal) would be good. Probably the least expensive, but good one is the Crowne Plaza - on Canal and Carondelet/Bourbon. There are a couple that are just off Canal on St. Charles, which you may want to check out - the Royal St. Charles and the Courtyard by Mariott. All three of those are on or close to both the St. Charles streetcar and the Canal Streetcar - and the French Quarter.

Just got back from a 2 nights say in New Orleans after our ACL cruise. Stayed at the Intercontinental pre-cruise and Harrah's post cruise. I would recommend both. What was nice about Harrah's was that I took the tour of NO offered by ACL, and it drops you off at Harrah's. I checked a Wednesday in August (8/15) and the Intercontinental was $110 and Harrah's was $139.

• 6 months later...