Using ATMs in Singapore

4774Papa

Are ATMs widely available in Singapore? Any problems using them?

Is there one in the airport?

ATMs are widely available in Singapore.

There are many ATMs at the airport.

However, I am not sure what type of rates you get and the fees you have to pay, if you are using the ATM to withdraw local currency.

Our local money changers have one of the best rates in the world and they are widely available, at the airport as well as along Orchard Road. If I were you, I would bring sufficient US Dollars with me into Singapore and then change with the local money changers. They are all licensed and safe to use.

I think for first-time visitors, the easiest way to do this is to change with the money changers at Singapore Changi Airport.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thanks, I usually bring a few hundred US dollars as backup. In Europe ATMS give a better rate than banks or money changers. It is nice to know that I have both options.

We are excited about our visit to Singapore, also spending two nights in Malaysia and will need Malaysian currency. I suppose the money changers can take care of us as well?

ATMs are widely available in Singapore.

There are many ATMs at the airport.

However, I am not sure what type of rates you get and the fees you have to pay, if you are using the ATM to withdraw local currency.

Our local money changers have one of the best rates in the world and they are widely available, at the airport as well as along Orchard Road. If I were you, I would bring sufficient US Dollars with me into Singapore and then change with the local money changers. They are all licensed and safe to use.

I think for first-time visitors, the easiest way to do this is to change with the money changers at Singapore Changi Airport.

I'll be in Singapore for almost a week pre-cruise...I've decided to bring some local currency with me and then use the local money exchangers for any more that I need...we find this works out easiest for us as I'm not a fan of using foreign ATM's.

Thanks, I usually bring a few hundred US dollars as backup. In Europe ATMS give a better rate than banks or money changers. It is nice to know that I have both options.

We are excited about our visit to Singapore, also spending two nights in Malaysia and will need Malaysian currency. I suppose the money changers can take care of us as well?

For some reason, the money changers in Singapore give some of the best rates in the world.

I would advise you to be more cautious in Malaysia. Safety and security is not as good there, the country is bigger.

I suggest you change your Malaysian Ringgit while you are in Singapore. The money changers here have plenty of Malaysian Ringgit as there is a lot of trade between Singapore and Malaysia.

The good thing about Malaysia is that things are a lot cheaper there.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

For some reason, the money changers in Singapore give some of the best rates in the world.

I would advise you to be more cautious in Malaysia. Safety and security is not as good there, the country is bigger.

I suggest you change your Malaysian Ringgit while you are in Singapore. The money changers here have plenty of Malaysian Ringgit as there is a lot of trade between Singapore and Malaysia.

The good thing about Malaysia is that things are a lot cheaper there.

So maybe I just need to bring enough for my taxi and then get more from the money exchangers. How much approx will my taxi be from SIN to my hotel Royal Plaza on Scotts Road also what about tipping the taxi driver ?

So maybe I just need to bring enough for my taxi and then get more from the money exchangers. How much approx will my taxi be from SIN to my hotel Royal Plaza on Scotts Road also what about tipping the taxi driver ?

What time does your flight arrive in Singapore?

Depending on the time of the day, it should not be more than $30 Singapore dollars. Tipping is not necessary, i.e. locals almost never tip, though I understand foreign visitors sometimes tip a few dollars.

When you have collected your luggage, walk straight through if you are not declaring, turn right and you will find about three ATM's and across from that a money changer. Our friends changed money there and said it was the best exchange rate they had found. We use a Citibank plus card, used the ATM, gotta love the no fees/exchange fees etc:D

Walk out front for taxis easy!! Dont stress about money, too easy to get there.........same with tipping, we felt really at home, tip for good service if you want or we round up, just like in OZ. No tipping a % or anything.

Taxi to city centre at 5pm was $28 Singapore dollars.

Chez

xx

Edited by cheznandy

When you have collected your luggage, walk straight through if you are not declaring, turn right and you will find about three ATM's and across from that a money changer. Our friends changed money there and said it was the best exchange rate they had found. We use a Citibank plus card, used the ATM, gotta love the no fees/exchange fees etc:D

Walk out front for taxis easy!! Dont stress about money, too easy to get there.........same with tipping, we felt really at home, tip for good service if you want or we round up, just like in OZ. No tipping a % or anything.

Taxi to city centre at 5pm was $28 Singapore dollars.

Chez

xx

Which terminal did you land in? Each terminal is slightly different, but yes, it should be very easy to find the ATMs, Money Changers and the taxi stand in the Arrival Hall for each terminal.

Which terminal did you land in? Each terminal is slightly different, but yes, it should be very easy to find the ATMs, Money Changers and the taxi stand in the Arrival Hall for each terminal.

Whoops, forgot there were three, terminal 1:)

Chez

xx

Are these money changers at the airport open all night. We don;t arrive until 1:40 a.m. (very, very early morning). Also, are they in each temrinal?

The answer is yes. They are open 24 hours.

Here is the link.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/facilities-and-services/money-changer

All major currencies are accepted at the 24 hours money changers found at:

Terminal 1

Departure Transit Lounge East, Level 2

Departure Transit Lounge West, Level 2

Departure Check-in Hall Central, Public Area, Level 2

Arrival Hall, Public Area, Level 1

Terminal 2

Departure Transit Lounge North, Level 2

Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 2

Terminal 3

Edited by Iluvcruising2

The answer is yes. They are open 24 hours.

Here is the link.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/facilities-and-services/money-changer

All major currencies are accepted at the 24 hours money changers found at:

Terminal 1

Departure Transit Lounge East, Level 2

Departure Transit Lounge West, Level 2

Terminal 2

Terminal 3

Thank you so much

Am I right in assuming there is no money exchange at the marina port where we dock on the rhapsody? We will need local currency for train bus taxi to get to our hotel.

thanks

There is a money changer. You have to go up to the Departure Hall after you arrive. Take the escalators.

See this video at the 0:40 mark.

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Iluvcruising2 is right...don't bring SGD with you. Change it at Changi.....great rates and no commission...like you pay in Australia. If going anywhere, like Malaysia, from Singapore...get your money in Singapore once again. You won't beat the rates.

Iluvcruising2 is right...don't bring SGD with you. Change it at Changi.....great rates and no commission...like you pay in Australia. If going anywhere, like Malaysia, from Singapore...get your money in Singapore once again. You won't beat the rates.

Thanks for confirming!

Singapore has a reputation for being a currency exchange hub. Personally, I am not sure why our rates are so good, but I am not complaining!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thanks for confirming!

Singapore has a reputation for being a currency exchange hub. Personally, I am not sure why our rates are so good, but I am not complaining!

Singapore is known for its prosperity through the free market.

Thanks for confirming!

Do the exchange hubs carry all types of money (Vietnam, China, South Korea, Japan, etc.)

Marilee