Spirit class ships aft cabins, yes, no, maybe so?

TNCruzer56

We have booked the Costa Delizisosa (spirit class) and have picked a stern facing cabin. Never had one. Noise, vibration, smoke, seem to come up on google searches. Deck 6.

Watching some of the great Europe ports at sail away sounds good.

-

Question: Can you look down on below balconies and be looked upon? Don`t want that.

Unusual vibration?

Smoke-from the smokestack...as the Med is somewhat calm when we sail.

-

Any and all feedback will be appreciated!

Edited by TNCruzer56
ipad trouble

Pictures on cruisedeckplans appear to show that you might be able to lean over your railing and peer down on those below. But you would not be able to see their entire balcony. https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Costa-Deliziosa

Comparison to Spirit class of Carnival would not be relevant because they cabins are more 'stepped'. HAL vistas and Cunard's QE & QV would be a better comparison. EM

Being an official "aft rat", I can only sing the praises of this location!

"Can those above see you on your balcony?". My answer is who cares? If voyeurism is their thing, I say, "Enjoy the view, a**hole!"

Look at my signature. All but the first two have been aft, aft wrap, or Vista Suite. What does that tell you?

OH! Maybe that means I liked being looked at form above!!! ;p

We have booked the Costa Delizisosa (spirit class) and have picked a stern facing cabin. Never had one. Noise, vibration, smoke, seem to come up on google searches. Deck 6.

Watching some of the great Europe ports at sail away sounds good.

-

Question: Can you look down on below balconies and be looked upon? Don`t want that.

Unusual vibration?

Smoke-from the smokestack...as the Med is somewhat calm when we sail.

-

Any and all feedback will be appreciated!

I've stayed in aft wraps numerous times (12?) and will say this about the aft portion:

• It's HOT!, I've resorted to filling ice buckets in the shower and dumping them onto the balcony to cool it off. The railing can get too hot to touch.
  • No shade, if you like sun, you'll get it.
  • No privacy, your neighbor can stand at their rail and see your entire balcony. One cruise we were next to a "chatty Cathy" type of person. She wanted to know all about us (where are you from?, we're from Ames, IA!, this is our second cruise!, we're with my sister & brother-in-law!, he's a truck driver with FedEx! blah, blah, blah!) No thank you.
  • No breeze, the air just swirls around a little bit (did I mention it's HOT?),
  • Occasional soot/debris from above, not a big problem but it happens. We found the remains of an ice cream cone one time...
  • Yes, you get a fantastic view of the wake, but never can see where you're going, just where you've been.
  • Noise sometimes when docking. This really isn't that big of a deal (for me)...

If you can afford it, get an aft wrap. They are great as one gets the side portion for the shade, privacy, breeze and a forward view. Plus you have a gigantic 30' balcony for entertaining or just watching the sunset on a lounger.....

I love the back of this ship, and have done the spirit class many times. The 4th floor has an overhang above it so no one can see down onto your balcony from above; and so here is some shade unlike those above. If you love the sun do the upper floors, if you want some shade or want complete privacy, go for the 4th floor. I personally love the sun and haven't found that there was any real lack of privacy. You have to be out near the edge of the balcony to be seen from above.