Sea Princess - Pacific Cruise

Sh0rtShtuff

Sea Princess

I have a few questions. Which Photography package they offer is worthwhile? Does it include all guests in the cabin? Or just the person who purchased it?

They offer a $31.25, a $62.50 and a $125.00 package. I realise the photos will be expensive. But trying to get an idea of how much it might be.

I have already organised the onboard photo package.

Riviera - Deck 12

Cabin R337 or similar

What do you think the room was like (if you've stayed in it or one like it) Three women will be staying in there, bunks I think (Which won't matter as its for sleeping anyway)

Smoking areas

Any advice on where the smoking areas might be located.

Shore Excursions

Is it possible to grab a random car at say Champagne Bay and go elsewhere if we want to without having booked with the cruiseline? I realise there is the risk factor of being left behind. So not sure about this yet.

I'll leave it at that for now

Thank you

Anita

Sea Princess

Riviera - Deck 12

Cabin R337 or similar

What do you think the room was like (if you've stayed in it or one like it) Three women will be staying in there, bunks I think (Which won't matter as its for sleeping anyway)

Anita

Our first cruise was on Sea Princess in cabin A323. If you look at the deck plans it's the same size and layout as R337. There were two of us. We pretty much had to go outside in order to change our minds. Smallest... Cabin.... Ever...

Seriously. That is a very tiny cabin. It was very full with two people and I can't imagine what one would do with 3 in a cabin that size. There must be a drop down bunk in the ceiling in your proposed cabin. Our cabin didn't have one but both are listed as: Total Size: 135 sq. ft. By comparison a standard inside cabin on a newer Princess ship such as Caribbean Princess is 162 - 178 sq. ft. On Regal Princess they are listed at 166 - 175 sq. ft. It might not sound all that much different but it really does make a large difference. Changing clothes will be a challenge but you can take turns. The bathroom will, of course, be an issue. I hope the 3 of you are very close. You might want to invest in some Poopourri.

I have stayed in an inside room on the Sea Princess.

They are very small rooms but are the same size as a window cabin so no point upgrading to get a bigger room.

That said they are well laid out and have plenty of storage including coathangers.

The room is near the pool deck so they can be outside with a terrific view in no time.

We have found no problem with inside rooms (two people) on Sun class ships.

The only thing I would be worried about when it comes to this room is the kitchen of the buffet is located above it and there could be noise early in the morning as they prepare food for the day.

As for the Champagne Bay question you will find more people on the Australian/New Zealand board of this forum who have cruised there than on the Princess board. Not everybody from there checks out the Princess threads.

Sorry I have not been there myself so can not help you in regards to car rental.

You already realise that your cabin will have too floor level beds (3 feet wide) and one upper bed that hinges down from the wall. You will need to work out who goes in the upper bed and also probably work out a schedule for bathroom use. One advantage of your location, there are public toilets (4) very close to your cabin. Just go through the big doors to the deck (where the table tennis tables are) and it is immediately on your left. There is a long bench with a large mirror so this area could also be used to do your make-up etc. Most people don't know these toilets are there and they are not near an area where a lot of people need these facilities.

You have chosen your cabin well for smokers. The main smoking area is on deck 12 on the port side (the other side of the ship to your cabin, but very close). You are only one deck below the buffet (Horizon Court) and the outside grill. It is excellent for lunch of a pie & chips or a kebab. The hamburgers at the grill are very disappointing, although the ones in the dining room are good.

Champagne Bay. This isn't a town, just a beach stop with temporary stalls selling sarongs and other tourist stuff. There are no cars for hire only a couple of vans or utes that they take people on a short trip to the Blue Lagoon.

I can't help you with details on the photo packages. Having cruised a lot, we don't buy their photos. :D The posed photos they do on formal night are lovely. Don't even bother looking at the Platinum Studio packages. They are very expensive.