Sample Dining Room Menu?

I am new to this board, as we are thinking of taking our first cruise later this year on RCCL!

I don't know much about how RCCl operates but was wondering if anyone had any sample menus of what's served on board? It would be most helpful!!

Also, do they have an 'elegany night'? I'm used to Carnival, so don't flame me if this is a stupid question! :P

I am new to this board, as we are thinking of taking our first cruise later this year on RCCL!

I don't know much about how RCCl operates but was wondering if anyone had any sample menus of what's served on board? It would be most helpful!!

Also, do they have an 'elegany night'? I'm used to Carnival, so don't flame me if this is a stupid question! :P

Just like Carnival, Royal has 2 "formal" nights on a 7 night cruise. Following are the menus. They are all the same fleet wide.

Night One:

Starter:

Smoke Fish Tapenade – Sweet onions, tangy capers and fresh herbs compliment this fish dish; served with a golden brown crostini

Vidalia Onion Tart – sweet Vidalia onions combined with nutty Gruyere cheese, then baked in a buttery crust, served with leek fondue and sautéed red peppers

Sopa de Tortilla – Robust Mexican tomato soup garnished with dried julienne tortilla

Hot and Sour Shrimp soup - Spicy, pungent lemongrass-scented seafood broth with cilantro and vegetables

Child Watermelon Gazpacho – A variety of flavors and textures play off beautifully in this soup; garnished with chopped celery and cucumber

Caesar Salad or Spinach Salad

MAIN COURSE

Pan-Fried Pork Medallions - Meaty medallions served with buttery mashed potatoes, broccoli and a savory forest mushroom ragout

Truffled wild mushroom linguini alfredo – White truffle oil enhances the earthiness of the wild mushrooms in this creamy pasta dish.

Slow-Roasted Prime Rib

Grilled Mediterranean Quesadilla – Melted Monterey Jack cheese and vegetables sandwiched in a warm flour tortilla; served with a tomato-cilantro salsa

Pan-seared golden sea bass – Served atop green lentils, green beans, snow peas and verjus beurre blanc

Aloo Gobi Methi– Fenugreek-flavored potato and cauliflower curry served with fragrant basmati rice, pappadams, and tangy riata

DESSERTS

Strawberry Pavlova – Crispy Meringue coated with fresh cream and topped with strawberry compote

Chocolate Cherry Cake – Classic flavor combination in cake; served with a dollop of kirsch cream

Low-fat blueberry and peach cobbler – Spiced with cinnamon and dusted with powder sugar

Sugar-Free chocolate pot de Crème – Rich chocolate cream perfumed with a hint of coffee

Night Two

STARTERS

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot Bourguignonne

Lobster Bisque

Oxtail Broth

MAIN COURSE

Shrimp Ravioli – Bits of shrimp in pasta pillow, served in a creamy coconut-lim lobster sauce, atop wilted spinach and garnished with fried leeks

Grilled Seafood Brochett - A monkfish, scallops, and shrimp kebab, served with potato and cauliflower hash, and a black olive and red bell pepper pesto beurre blanc.

Roasted Duck – A black currant sauce and sweet red cabbage complement the richness of the duck, while golden brown potato croquettes add texture

Sauteed Seasonal Mushrooms – In a blue cheese cream sauce and bohemian dumpling

Potato Curry – Potatoes, onion and rich, spicy tomato curry served with fragrant basmati rice, pappadams and tangy raita.

DESSERTS

Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle – With each bite, this warm delicacy melts on the tongue to release a hint of lightly bittersweet chocolate served with espresso custard

Double Strawberry Cheesecake – Creamy cheesecake laced with a strawberry swirl; add a dollop of whipped cream, a spoonful of strawberry compote and enjoy

Marinated Cherry Bake – Marinated cherries baked in a light cake served with vanilla sauce

Low-fat Berry Mouse-Light strawberry and blueberry yogurt mousse accompanied by a rich-tasting, low fat vanilla sauce

Sugar-free coconut vanilla layer cake – a Tahitian vanilla mousse rests between layers of moist cake; toasted coconut adds a bit of crunch.

Night THREE

STARTERS

Antipasti – cured Italian ham, seasonal melon, grilled vegetables, marinated portabella mushrooms and baked caramelized garlic

Scallop Risotto – Delicate sea scallops enhanced by the charred sweetness of corn, served over a creamy mascarpone risotto

Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup – Mild and fragrant; garnished with rye bread croutons

Strawberry bisque – perfectly chilled soup garnished with a sprig of fragrant mint

Caesar Salad

Insalata Mista – mixed greens, crisp zucchini, sweet red bell peppers and black olives

MAIN COURSE

Rigatoni Pasta – Spicy chorizo , flavorful bell peppers, grilled corn, olive oil basil lend a southwestern twist to this dish

Garlic Tiger Shrimp – reminiscent of classic shrimp scampu, sauted in garlic-herb butter and accompanied by seasonal vegetables

Chicken Marsala – sautéed chicken scallopine nestled in Marsala mushroom sauce; served with buttery mashed potatoes and fresh veggies

Eggplant and Roma Tomato Bake – Smothered in mozzarella cheese with basil-balsamic syrup drizzle

Kaju Paneer Dhansak – Paneer, fenugreek, tarka dal and pineapple curry served with fragrant basmati rice, pappadams and tangy ratia

DESSERTS

Warm Chocolate Cake – warm chocolate cake complemented by mil chocolate sauce and sweet roasted pears

Raspberry Panna Cotta – full of raspberry flavor, this light Italian dessert is served on a crunchy almond butter cookie.

Tiramisu

Low-Fat angel food cake w/ grand marnier marinated strawberries

Sugar-Free Chocolate mint cake

NIGHT FOUR

STARTERS

Exotic Fruits w/ mojito jelly

Crab and Shrimp Salad – sweet crab meat, surimi and shrimp are served atop mixed lettuce, mango and papaya, and dressed with lime cilantro dressing.

Beef and Veal Tortellaci – Tender pasta filled with Combination of beef and veal, enveloped in a zuchinni and garlic cream

Jalapeno potato soup – this creamy potati soup has a twist of heat and a hint of sour cream for richness

Chicken Consomme – flavorful broth with strips of crepe fettuccine, liberally garnished with chives

Caesar Salad

Seasonal Salad – with cool crisp cucumber and sweet red bell peppers

MAIN COURSE

Parmesan-Crusted Turkey Tenderloin – a savory mustard sage sauce is the perfect foil for the tender parmesan-crusted turkey

Cornmeal-Dusted Tilapia – Slightly crispu fish filet served with a healthy portion of Japanese ratatouille and a wasabi aioli

Slow-Roasted Beef Shoulder Filet – served with decadent mascarpone mashed potatoes and a shiraz reduction

Asparagus and Brie Tart – fresh asparagus and nutty Brie are nestled in a buttery crust – topped with grilled plum tomatoes and arugula salad; red pepper essence and chive oil add a bright touch

Penne Tarantina – a chunky tomato and garlic sauce loaded with plump mussels, shrimp and sweet bay scallops all tossed with al dente pasta

Gobi Ki Sabzi – cauliflower curry with cumin seeds, ginger, peppers and tomatoes served with fragrant basmati rice, pappadams and tangy raita.

DESSERTS

Choca-Chino Trilogy – A Delightful chocolate trio: Sweet Grand Marnier white chocolate mousse, creamy mile chocolate kahlua cheesecake and a slice of dense dark chocolate mud cake

BBB – Banana and Baileys Irish Cream brulee custard baked under a caramel crust

Magic Mango Parfait – light, creamy frozen mango custard layered with Caribbean mango salsa

Low-Fat Exotic pineapple and coconut cake – A Pina Colada in a flourless cake – with a healthy scoop of pineapple sorbet for good measure

Steamed Sugar Free vanilla and berry custard w/ fresh berries

NIGHT FIVE

STARTERS

Papaya, lychee & water chestnut salad – crunchy and slightly sweet, this salad is dressed with a kaffir lime syrup

Smoked Salmon Carpaccio – thinly sliced smoked atlantic salmon served with red oinion, capers and lime.

Breaded Mushrooms – fresh mushrooms are lightly breaded and fried until golden brown, served with tartar sauce

Mulligatawny Soup – Spicy Indian soup with curried chicken, vegetables and rice

Shellfish Saffron Consomme – Delicate broth with baby shrimp and leeks

Chilled orange and banana Soup – sweet citrus and creamy banana complement each other garnished with julienne basil

Caesar Salad

Tomato Salad – Vine ripe tomatoes with sweet red onion and tangy crumbled blue cheese

MAIN COURSE

Asian Duck – Ginger marinated duck glazed with orange hoisin sauce, roasted and served with stir –fried Chinese cabbage and steamed rice

Baked Cheese Cannelloni - Tender ricotta filled pasta in Gruyere-parmesan sauce atop a beef and forest mushroom ragou

Pan-Seared Tilapia – Tender fish served on a potato-leek gratin with corn niblets, snow peas and saffron beurre blanc

Pan-Fried pork medallions – Served with tangy sour cream mashed potatoes, carmelized shallots and a savory port reduction

Wild Mishroom and Goat cheese pizza – Earthy mushrooms, creamy cheese and crispy crust with a balsamic drizzle

Bglai Cauliflower – Cauliflower, potatoes and green pea curry served with fragment basmati rice, pappadams and tangy raita

DESSERTS

Pear Tart Bourdalou – Rich almond custard, topped with sliced pears and baked in a flaky crust

Chocolate Banan Strudel – Bananas and dark chocolate wrapped in thin layers of strudel pasty, then baked until golden brown

White chocolate cheesecake – Creamy and delectable, with a hint of lemon

Low-Fat Mango Mousse – Silky dessert with the sweet subtle taste of fresh mango

Sugar-Free Orange Yogurt Pudding – tangy citrus pudding with bittersweet orange reduction

NIGHT SIX

Starters

Eggplant and Kalamata Olive Tartare – Tomoato Coulis and Garlic crostini

Seafood Salad – Shrimp, scallops and smoked salmon in a brandy cocktail sauce

Creamed wild mushroom in Puff Pastry – A hearty blend of wild mushrooms, cream and herbs all encased in delicate puff pastry

Cream of Asparagus – Pale green and creamy, this delicious classic soup is garnished with crunchy almonds

Double Duck Consomme – Aged port gives this rich broth a depth of flavor and is garnished with a melange of julienne vegetables

Roasted Peach Soup - roasting brings out the sweetness of this stone fruit; strawberries serve as a colorful garnish

Caesar Salad

House Salad – Boston and Oak leaf lettuce, vine ripe tomatoes and sunflower seeds

MAIN COURSE

Thai BBQ Chicken Breats – The delicate perfume of jasmine rice is enhanced by coconut and lemongrass

New England Bay Scallops and Ziti – Sweet bay scallops, grilled portabella mushrooms and fire-roasted red pepper pesto swirl around the pasta

Fisherman’s Plate - A broiled lobster tail and garlicky shrimp served with broccoli florets

Slow-Roasted Aged Prime Rib – Served with natural au jus, a fluffy baked potato and lightly glazed root vegetables

Greek-Style Vegetarian Moussaka – On a chunky and tomato and oregano sauce

Kabuli Chana – Chickpea curry served with fragrant basmati rice.

DESSERTS

Dessert Sampler – A trio of exquisite and textures on one plate - ie. Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake, and Pana cotta (if I remember correctly)

Cherries Jubilee – Warmed, dark red cherries laced with Kirsch; generously ladled over vanilla ice cream

Low Fat Double Passion Fruit Cheesecake – Low fat cheesecake laced with a passion fruit swirl, served on a bed of mango sauce.

Sugar Free Red Berry Tart – Delicate, flaky pie crust filled with sugar free vanilla pastry cream and fresh red berries

NIGHT SEVEN

STARTERS

Fresh Seasonal Fruits – Laced with passion fruit coulis

House Terrine - The Sweetness of port wine enhances this rich duck pate, waldorf salad is a nice complement

Crab Cake – Meaty crab meat cake atop corn salsa, with tequila-lime sour cream

New England Clam Chowder – More like a rich, creamy stew than a soup, filled with chinke of vegetables, potatoes and clams

Asian-Style Chicken Soup – Full-Flavored Chicken broth with wontons, oyster mushrooms, bok choy and scallions

Chilled Golden Delicious Apple Soup – A hint of cinnamon perfectly enhances the apple flavor

Caesar Salad

Focaccia and Tomato Salad - Crusty focaccia , bocconcini and ripe tomato slices tossed with fresh basil served family style

MAIN COURSE

Panko-Cilantro Crusted Catch of the Day – Fresh fish filet sautéed golden and served with basmati rice, cauliflower, spinach and a Cognac-curry sauce

Cheese Tortelloni - Delicate cheese-filled pasta nestled in a light suace of blue cheese and bits of rich-tasting sun-dried tomatoes

Roasted Garlic and herb Rack of Lamb – Sautéed vegetables, mashed potatoes and a rich Cabernet wine sauce

Pan-fried cauliflower cakes – Fried to a crispy, golden brown and served with sautéed pimentos, asparagus and cumin-cilantro sour cream.

Slow-Roasted Double-Cut Prok Loin Steak – Savory pork loin, served atop a bed of braised lentils with crisp green beans, potato gratin and onion jus

Vegetable Vindaloo – Cauliflower, broccoli, beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes and sweet corn curry served with fragrant basmati rice, papadams, and tangy raita.

DESSERTS

Ivory Chocolate Fondue – Sweet berries in a white chocolate mousse; a crunchy biscuit is served to add a nice texture.

Apple Pie a la Mode – Slices of spiced Golden Delicious apples baked in a flaky double crust, topped with creamy vanilla ice cream

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake – Sweet cheesecake with swirls of caramel and a hint of coffee

Low-Fat Caramelized pina colada tart – Pinneapple and coconut flavored filling double-baked in a flaky crust

Sugar-Free Fruit Pillow – Fluffy puff pastry filled with creamy vanilla custard and topped with zesty fruit compote

Another question!

I know Carnival has some menu items that are 'classics' ..so they always have a chicken breast for your entree and warm chocolate melting cake for dessert.

Does RCCL have any of these? I'm not a seafood eater and noticed a lot of entrees that are or contain seafood!

Another question!

I know Carnival has some menu items that are 'classics' ..so they always have a chicken breast for your entree and warm chocolate melting cake for dessert.

Does RCCL have any of these? I'm not a seafood eater and noticed a lot of entrees that are or contain seafood!

they always have a grilled chicken breast, sirloin steak, some sort of grilled fish available as well as a Caesar salad (there was another item or two on the always available side of the menu as well, I just don't remember what they were). Vanilla, chocolate, and an ice cream of the day is always available as well as a sugar free ice cream and sorbet for dessert.

When are the 'traditional dining' times?

Main dining is usually 6:00 or 6:30 and late is usually 8:00 or 8:30 depending on the itinerary. My Time Dining, which is similar to Carnival's Your Time Dining, is from 6:00 until 9:30 PM

I have 2 questions I am hoping someone can answer!

I am a vegatarian. It seems like the options are either some type of mushroom dish or a curry most every night. Tell me that there might be more options! My husband is gonna be upset if I end up ordering off of the kid's menu or just getting a salad most nights.

Also - can anyone give me an idea of what is available in the Windjammer? I haven't been able to locate a menu or options available there. Do they have kid friendly foods there (for my kiddo's..not for me, I usually find tons of options if there is a buffet with veggies, etc)

Thank you!

I'm not a vegetarian ..but I mostly just each chicken! And no seafood, of course.. So I was looking at the menu quite like you were, lol

I would love answers to these questions, too!!

Also, speaking of tips.. Carnival automatically adds $50 a person at the end of the cruise for all of the staff, ect. Does RCCL do this, too?

I have 2 questions I am hoping someone can answer!

I am a vegatarian. It seems like the options are either some type of mushroom dish or a curry most every night. Tell me that there might be more options! My husband is gonna be upset if I end up ordering off of the kid's menu or just getting a salad most nights.

Also - can anyone give me an idea of what is available in the Windjammer? I haven't been able to locate a menu or options available there. Do they have kid friendly foods there (for my kiddo's..not for me, I usually find tons of options if there is a buffet with veggies, etc)

Thank you!

When you first board, I suggest thet you go to the Dining Room and speak with the Head Waiter. Tell him that you are a vegetarian and ask if they can have more options for you nightly.

The Windjammer is just like any other large buffet. You will find a salad bar with all of the fixings & dressings, freshly cooked/steamed veggies, etc. There is no menu since the food items change daily.

As for the kids, burgers and sandwiches are usually always available.

• 1 year later...

The Windjammer is just like any other large buffet. You will find a salad bar with all of the fixings & dressings, freshly cooked/steamed veggies, etc. There is no menu since the food items change daily.

I'm hoping nanfromatlanta is still around. What a wealth of information you've provided.

I know this is an old thread but was wondering about the availability of plain (undressed) fruit and vegetables. My gall bladder won't cope with the dishes swimming in oil, fat, cream and cheese.

Archived