Hilo Pier

CoW mAn

It's also very easy to rent a car in Hilo - the major vendors have shuttles picking up right on the dock. Driving is easy - almost possible to get lost, as there are only a couple of main roads and it's easy to orient yourself when there's always ocean on one side. You could go to Volcanoes National Park to the southwest or the National Botanical Gardens and Akaka Falls to the northwest.

• 1 month later...

Just as you pass through the gates at the pier, on the left side is a "hop on hop off" trolley. You go inside the building and buy your ticket (wristband), I think it was twenty dollars a person last year. It was, in my opinion well worth the cost. They take you to the highlights, and you can get on and off as often as you like.

There is a bar (dive) pass the gates across the street and a free shuttle to walmart.

Have fun :D

• 3 weeks later...

At the Hilo port, I believe we paid $6.00 per person return for a ride to the centre of town on a shuttle (not Princess). Dropped us off at the market. Spent a couple of hours there and then returned to the ship and took a Princess tour to visit two sets of waterfalls. Was a great day. Very very humid in April.