Cabin Reservation - 6 Months Before Travel

Just tried to book cabin for November 2018 (after using 3 different numbers quoted throughout Marella brochure and on line!). Apparently cabin numbers are not being released for selection until 6 months before travel. Never had this in 29 years of cruising with Thomson. Not a happy bunny. Like to tie everything up and then get on with the next cruising project.

Must be a new thing then because we are on Discovery 2 in April next year and we booked ages ago and were able to book our cabin , albeit at an extra payment, straight away. Perhaps this is a new Marella thing, just like the increased deposits on TUI holidays compared to Tomson.

Peter and Jenny

Must be a new thing then because we are on Discovery 2 in April next year and we booked ages ago and were able to book our cabin , albeit at an extra payment, straight away. Perhaps this is a new Marella thing, just like the increased deposits on TUI holidays compared to Tomson. Peter and Jenny

Hi Zombatar

Looks like it's a Marella introduction. We are also going on Discovery 2 in April and selected our cabin immediately after booking. Always have done since the introduction of cabin booking. Previously it was pot luck on the day of arrival at the ship.

My only concern is that I have booked a specific deck and cabin type and sincerely hope I can reserve where I want when the time comes. I very much doubt that there will be any alert from the company (whatever name they are cruising under at the time) that reservations for cabins can be made when the six months arrives. A correct telephone number would also be a good thing.

We had a similar problem on a booking on D2 before the ship actually joined the fleet.

I wondered if your booking is on Explorer and they haven't finalised the cabin structure?

Hello jake 26

No, it's not Explorer, it's Discovery. I saw in another post that they are also not taking bookings for shore excursions until 6 months before cruising, not that I would pre-book excursions that far in advance. I feel six weeks is plenty time to give Thomson our money.

Just tried to book cabin for November 2018 (after using 3 different numbers quoted throughout Marella brochure and on line!). .

Did you try this one - dont know if still works it was Thomson.

Think its a switchboard so be ready to say which

department you want

Thomson Customer Service Toll-free 0800 0273162

Try an email to pretravel they are usually quick to reply, but that was when it was Thomson pretravel.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Hello Pensioncruiser

Won't bother with emails, too much bother. Will wait and see what happens. Have totally lost faith in the company over the last couple of years but oh wants to cross off some bits on his bucket list.

Yesterday I booked a cabin on Dream for Jan 1019
With you on this one Dave we always book our favourite cabin, 9040, and to be honest its no smaller than the Discovery js we were in this Sep, we also always book our Cabin on Celebration and although they are old ships they still provide a great cruise which is certainly not retro[emoji2]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Just booked my Asia cruise online for feb 2019 today and then phoned to book my cabin, no problems in booking cabin all sorted within 5 minutes.

Hello redsails9

Many thanks for letting me know you booked your cabin for 2019. I will try again tomorrow. We are going on Discovery in November 2018 so hopefully someone will take my booking. What number did you use? I tried 0203 451 2682 (the one given on the screen when booking and also the number I have always used in the past) and 0203 636 1862 (on the booking confirmation and also in the brochure). Both times I spoke to a call centre in South Africa. I also tried an 0871 number which came up during the booking but decided to abort because it was dearer to call!

Fingers crossed.

We booked our cruise on Discovery 2 for September 2018 in the TUI shop last week and were able to book our cabin there and then .....the girl said it was a South African call centre......it did take a while but we did get it done !

Hello jenny wren

Don't think shop would make the reservation for me as I booked online plus they would probably want their £25 admin fee for the pleasure. Never had problems before. Only time I used the shop was this year when the cruises from Newcastle were not online when they were first released.

If you book a certain cabin. Remember to take the print out of the booking. This happens to us in February. We arrived at the airport and were told they had changed our cabin. So we went to reception and they gave us a refund. But you need proof of the cabin you paid for