McLean sky wth 2 and 5 year old

fldogmassage

We were on getaway last year and both my kids loved going to the kids club. They were 5 and 6 at the time. They played games, did arts and crafts, face painting, and the clubs also had different themes such as "pirate night". Also, the kids got to perform at the end of the cruise.They chose a talent that they practiced during the week and at the end of the cruise they had a "circus" show in one of the theaters. It was cute.

Your kids are the PERFECT age to enjoy the activities they do in the club! No worries! You don't need to bring your own games/toys, unless it's for playing in the cabin.....but there's so much to do, it's unlikely you will be in the cabin except to change or sleep!

I didn't bring any food, but my children aren't picky eaters. I did go to the breakfast buffet on the first day and brought boxes of cereal, fruit and yogurt to the room so they'd always have snacks on hand. The cereal we brought with us off the ship for snacks on excursions (you aren't allowed to take fruit or anything else that is unpackaged off the ship).

When we cruise (or any travel) our daughter, now 4.5yrs old, brings 10 of her hot wheel cars, 2 small stuffed animals and some paper and markers. This tends to be enough to keep her busy when needed. The ship will have tons to do but we find having a handful of cars if nice when we are busy getting ready or planning our day etc.

Bring a few small favorite toys they will come in handy at airports and in the room etc.

I will also add that no we do not bring food. We bring some for the airport since that takes many hours and there is potential for delays with no food access. But we are firm believers that children need to be hungry in order to eat new things. Bringing favorites just makes it so they have no reason to try what is served. Kids won't starve themselves...they will whine in hopes of getting their favorites but if they know their favorites are not in the suitcases brought they will eat what is served!