Questions about a few attractions after hurricane Maria

Russ Lomas

Due to hurricane Maria, our cruise has switched stops and will now call in St. Croix the first week in January 2018. A little research has led me to find a couple of places I would like to visit, so I thought I would reserve a couple of vehicles for the day to pick up near the pier. A few rental agencies I contacted have not availability already, so I booked with Avis. Has anyone used them from the pier before, and if so what was your experience like?

I hoped to spend a few hours at Sandy Point National Wildlife Reserve and then drive to the St. George Village Botanical Garden later in the day. I was just wondering if anyone can provide any information on those two places after Maria hit and what shape they are currently in. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Due to hurricane Maria, our cruise has switched stops and will now call in St. Croix the first week in January 2018.......

We are scheduled to stop at St Croix on 18 January 2018. I've just started looked at what might be available of interest to my wife and me (both seniors). A Cruzan tour and maybe a CHANT walking tour at this point has our interest, maybe some beach chair time on the west end. But I am not sure if Cruzan is open for tours yet. Any answer about that would be appreciated by many I am sure.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
We are scheduled to stop at St Croix on 18 January 2018. I've just started looked at what might be available of interest to my wife and me (both seniors). A Cruzan tour and maybe a CHANT walking tour at this point has our interest, maybe some beach chair time on the west end. But I am not sure if Cruzan is open for tours yet. Any answer about that would be appreciated by many I am sure.

Doug

Cruzan is open. Not sure on the hours but they will certainly be open on ship day.