Pacific Eden. Which Cabin Could This Be?

LindaMG

I recently took advantage of a 3 day sale to book a cruise to png and the Solomon Islands in September. I wanted an oceanview on deck 5 and decided to book by phone as I just couldn't get to the cabin selection online. At first I was told all the cheaper cabins were gone and was offered deck 6, which i didn't want. Then i was offered an oceanview on deck 5 (which I had asked for originally anyway), on sale from $7000 to just $2180 twin. This is just the standard 'go' fare, no bells or whistles. I was told we would be in the middle of the ship. Would love to know what type of cabin this is as my previous research hadn't shown any cabins in the $7000 range in this area of the ship. Even the balconies were cheaper. Me thinks the sales rep may have been trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Our last 2 cruises we have been in 4070 and 4071 on the Aria and they were both good 3 doors down from the lift. They were quite as there were no cabins across the hallway.

Just be aware that on Deck 5 there is a laundrette opposite 5062.

When I am booking a cruise I never book anything over $1000 triple share and always manage to get on the ones we want.

Those cruises from Cairns look great. We did our 2nd to PNG in February and had a fantastic time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I think you would be assigned a cabin in the OA cabin category...if you look at a deck plan for Pacific Eden these would be the dark orange cabins mid ship deck 5. I don't think they would ever sell for anywhere near $7000, although I too have seen these massive fares quoted on various websites with a sale price also listed - a sales gimmick I think! I also think that what you have paid is probably a normal average price, if that helps.

Last year I sailed on Eden a few times and we had an oceanview on Deck 6 and it was quite comfy for the two of us but these cabins have the window that looks out onto the Promenade deck and even though there is a film on the window that supposedly you can't see through during the day, of course with the light on or at night, you can see right in hence we kept the curtains closed most of the time. Then we had an oceanview quad on deck 5 and this room seemed bigger in that it had a 3 seater sofa bed whereas the deck 6 oceanview had a 2 seater couch. Not alot extra I know but that was the only point of difference I noticed so in my opinion you have the better room booked on Deck 5.

Hope this helps!