When To Expect Cabin Allocation

LindaMG

Last week booked our passage for a cruise that sails at the end of September. I did this by telephone directly with P&O then registered on Cruise Control. As yet our cabin hasn't been allocated. Just wondering when this is likely to be. I was reading another cruise message board and stumbled on a post from someone also booked on a P&O cruise, theres isn't until January 2018 but they already have their cabin number.

If you booked a specific cabin,you would already know the cabin number, but if you booked a "guarantee" cabin, you won't be allocated a cabin until near departure date.

If you booked a specific cabin,you would already know the cabin number, but if you booked a "guarantee" cabin, you won't be allocated a cabin until near departure date.

Thank you for your reply. At no time was i told by the salesperson on the phone that I was booking a guarantee cabin. I thought i was going to be allocated a cabin instantly as she said this cabin was part of their sale and i was getting a really good deal. I think I will call them tommorrow.

If the sales person said "getting a really good deal" I suspect it could be a guaranteed cabin as an allocated one would have come up on Cruise Control. That is one reason I use an online agent that has available cabins listed for you to choose from or the cheaper way is a guaranteed cabin and take pot luck at what you get. I have booked a guaranteed cabin in the lowest outside unobstructed category and received a balcony on the upper decks.

Thank you for your replies. I spoke to P&O today and they tell me the sale was for guaranteed cabins. As a newbie cruiser, this is only my second, I hadn't come across the guaranteed cabin concept, but P&O explained it really well so now I have a much better understanding. Now begins the long wait to see if we are lucky enough to be upgraded.