Double stroller??? 2 year old and 10 month old

arianac27@aol.com

I have a McClaren double stroller as well as a single stroller. I hate maneuvering the double stroller and I feel like we will get stuck in many areas. We are also in an inside cabin (interior corridor) on the NCL Breakaway. Should I bring 2 single strollers or battle it out with the double?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely say two singles. You would be frustrated and so would others you may meet in the hall with wheel chairs, walkers, etc.

Also, do you always need two, as with twins or two 'littles'? Or do you have one that sometimes wants to walk?

Another vote for two. Cleaning carts in the hallway will block you. You will then need to back up all the way down that long hallway to an opening. Or, would you expect the cabin steward to push his cart all the way down the hallway so you can get by. As others said, then there are the people with the wheelchairs and walkers.

Be kind to yourself, the cabin steward and the handicapped and bring two singles. Heck, the same goes for the elevator and the gangway.

I'd suggest borrowing or buying a 2nd hand tandem if at all possible. Otherwise, the two singles, but if you're using them in port, you want good sun shades. The only problem with two singles is you have to have both parents together to use them, which doesn't work if you're taking turns with the kids at times.

Best,

Mia

• 4 weeks later...

Two singles. Getting on the gangplank and around the boat would be very difficult if not impossible with a double. You will want to think about how it folds/stores too as it has to be stored in your room. We found two singles was easier on excursions and in small streets with large crowds.

I have a McClaren double stroller as well as a single stroller. I hate maneuvering the double stroller and I feel like we will get stuck in many areas. We are also in an inside cabin (interior corridor) on the NCL Breakaway. Should I bring 2 single strollers or battle it out with the double?

Our travel option has always been an umbrella stroller with a buggy board attached. We've been using this combo since our third was born, girls are two years apart, and it has worked great. The youngest, 18 months, even likes riding the board now. Worked for theme parks and walking trips. Bonus is it's nice to only worry about one stroller.

• 1 month later...
I'm taking a double with me on 11/11 I have 6mo old twins so I wanted one they can recline and sleep in. Hopefully it fits, if wheelchairs fit the stroller should.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bad decision. The doublewide is wider than the wheelchairs. It will only go through your cabin door sideways. I just for off a cruise with at least two doublewide strollers. Just glad they were not on my corridor. Doors give you about 22" straight ahead. EM

We are also travelling with a 1 and 3 year old. Our current double is a side-by-side, which I would risk taking down those hallways...we purchased a used Contours double (so tandem one in front of the other) to bring on the boat with us. Not super light, but at least it folds with the 2 seats on. It is only me and my wife, so we thought 2 singles would be too hard to push around the airport etc with all of our luggage.

I'm taking a double with me on 11/11 I have 6mo old twins so I wanted one they can recline and sleep in. Hopefully it fits, if wheelchairs fit the stroller should.

As long as it's tandem (front/back rather than side-by-side), it will be no problem at all (except possibly having to fold it to get it through the cabin door). Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

• 4 weeks later...

We are traveling with our two who will be 2.5 and 6mo. We have the graco duo modes tandem stroller but I wonder if it's too big to maneuver around the ship. We also have several other strollers including a summer infant 3d lite that we used in Disney when our son was 1.5 last year. Should I a) bring the tandem, b) get another 3d lite, or c) bring 1 3d lite we have and pack the ergo for the 6mo? Opinions? We have a grand suite so I'm not worried about storage on the cabin.

We are traveling with our two who will be 2.5 and 6mo. We have the graco duo modes tandem stroller but I wonder if it's too big to maneuver around the ship. We also have several other strollers including a summer infant 3d lite that we used in Disney when our son was 1.5 last year. Should I a) bring the tandem, b) get another 3d lite, or c) bring 1 3d lite we have and pack the ergo for the 6mo? Opinions? We have a grand suite so I'm not worried about storage on the cabin.

Maybe get a second 3d lite just in case but also bring the ergo. That way if you take turns with the kids around the ship it the 6 month old in the ergo and use the stroller for the older one. If you are both there use both stroller so you can put the 6 month in the stroller if your back starts to hurt or if the baby get too hot. My son runs hot so I would be worried about him getting over heated in Port in the ergo. You could look into a shot and stand double also if you wanted to only bring one stroller if you think the older one wild be ok just standing or having a bench to sit on, wouldn't really work for naps in Port though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

The Graco Duo is the perfect double stroller for cruising. Sturdy enough, good shades and recline and narrow enough to wind your way along on board. Ours went on many cruises. The only time it wasn't useful was in European ports when I also needed to carry a stroller up and down stairs - for that the MacLaren side-by-side was useful.

My husband reminded me that we also have a single Graco click connect that we use with the cart seat so we will bring that for the baby and the 3d lite for the toddler. Not sure if we are bringing car seats at this point. When I booked the flights our daughter wasn't born yet so the airline wouldn't let me reserve a seat without a name or dob so she is flying as a lap baby for now unless rates go back down then I'll get her s seat and bring her car seat.

• 2 weeks later...