Suggestions for Hotels in Copenhagen & Stockholm

Neliska

Hi ... I am looking for suggestions for hotels in Copenhagen for our Baltic cruise in August 2018 for 2 or 3 nights. Probably around 4 star. I have possibly narrowed it down to 3! A few months ago someone recommended The Adina Apartment Hotel.

Also looking at Absalon Hotel & Andersons Hotel. Has anyone stayed at these? Prefer hotel with air con & lift & not too small a room & in a good location for walking to attractions.

The Radisson Blu Waterfront in Stockholm with a room higher up for the water view looks to be our number one choice so far. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I stayed at the Adina in 2014. The rooms are nice and it's good for 2 or 3 nights because there is a fridge and laundry machines in the units. There is also air conditioning. It's big enough to relax. The metro is about a 10 minute walk. You can also walk into town on a nice day and you'll pass the Little Mermaid Statue (as well as the big mermaid statue). There is a supermarket next door and a cafe across the street. The taxi to the cruise port is also close. I would recommend. Brasserie Degas was our favorite restaurant in Copenhagen. It's near the Vesterport Station in town.

Hi ... I am looking for suggestions for hotels in Copenhagen for our Baltic cruise in August 2018 for 2 or 3 nights. Probably around 4 star. I have possibly narrowed it down to 3! A few months ago someone recommended The Adina Apartment Hotel.

Also looking at Absalon Hotel & Andersons Hotel. Has anyone stayed at these? Prefer hotel with air con & lift & not too small a room & in a good location for walking to attractions.

The Radisson Blu Waterfront in Stockholm with a room higher up for the water view looks to be our number one choice so far. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Radisson as suggested in Stockholm 2 as a dream at the end of our baltivlc trip.

Earlier this year we stayed at the Phoenix in Copenhagen and convenient for Nyhavn etc on foot. Two years ago stayed at the Kong but found it quite good but less convenient for the sights.

Radisson as suggested in Stockholm 2 as a dream at the end of our baltic trip.

Earlier this year we stayed at the Phoenix in Copenhagen and convenient for Nyhavn etc on foot. Two years ago stayed at the Kong but found it quite good but less convenient for the sights.

I stayed at the Phoenix. when I was there the internet only worked in lobby. Never heard of the other hotels. i am stayin g at the Grand in Stockholm. Also you should be posting on the RC to find where others are staying for ideas. I love going ot B&N and reading Frommers ideas and then read on trip Advisor same places.

We stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights last June prior to a Baltic cruise. Very nice 4 to 5* hotel; we used our Starwood points. Excellent location. Gamla Stan is a short walk across a bridge in front of the hotel. Train station is 2 blocks away (we arrived by rail from Oslo). A short cab ride or interesting waterfront walk to the Vasa Museum. Or, heading the other way, a short walk to ferries heading out to interesting other areas of the archipelago.

But if you're really looking for something different, stay a night or two on board the Malardrottningen Boat Hotel in Gamla Stan. A classic yacht once owned by Betty Hutton. A true "experience"! We stayed there the night before boarding our cruise ship.

We stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights last June prior to a Baltic cruise. Very nice 4 to 5* hotel; we used our Starwood points. Excellent location. Gamla Stan is a short walk across a bridge in front of the hotel. Train station is 2 blocks away (we arrived by rail from Oslo). A short cab ride or interesting waterfront walk to the Vasa Museum. Or, heading the other way, a short walk to ferries heading out to interesting other areas of the archipelago.

But if you're really looking for something different, stay a night or two on board the Malardrottningen Boat Hotel in Gamla Stan. A classic yacht once owned by Betty Hutton. A true "experience"! We stayed there the night before boarding our cruise ship.

I will definitely look in to the Boat Hotel. It interests me as I knew Betty Hutton in her Post Hollywood Days. We sang in the same Church Choir. Sweet, funny Lady!

We stayed at the Absalon in Copenhagen after our Norway cruise in July. We really liked it. NIce room, fun funky lobby and bar, great breakfast. We were walking distance to a lot of things, including Tivoli and the train station. Actually I'm sure you could walk to most of the sites, we just used the Hop on Hop Off bus in combo with walking. I can see where staying closer to Nyhavn would be great, but I would assume it may be more expensive too. We found the Absalon to be reasonable. There was AC and elevators as well.

Not that it matters but, Yacht hotel was owned by Barbara Hutton who was a Woolworth heiress and niece of EF Hutton. She was once married to Cary Grant. It is a great place to stay. I also have stayed at the Sheraton many times and it does have a great location. Their club rooms are wonderful and many have a balcony overlooking the water and Old Town. Sheratons in Europe are very different than US.

I have stayed at the Sheraton twice, once at the Grand. Going back to the Grand. Did not known about the Club rooms. These questions really should be on the roll call. Easier for people to find answers is the roll call.

Not that it matters but, Yacht hotel was owned by Barbara Hutton who was a Woolworth heiress and niece of EF Hutton. She was once married to Cary Grant. It is a great place to stay. I also have stayed at the Sheraton many times and it does have a great location. Their club rooms are wonderful and many have a balcony overlooking the water and Old Town. Sheratons in Europe are very different than US.

Thanks for the clarification. Barbara Hutton sure is different than Betty Hutton!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. We have booked at Andersons Boutique Hotel in Copenhagen & the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel in Stockholm. Will let you know what they are like - next year as we are not going until August 2018. At this stage there is no Roll Call for our cruise up.

Host Grandma thanks for the tip about the Baltic forum. Lots of information there.

If a cruise is departing at 6pm what time would the earliest for boarding be?

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestions. We have booked at Andersons Boutique Hotel in Copenhagen & the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel in Stockholm. Will let you know what they are like - next year as we are not going until August 2018. At this stage there is no Roll Call for our cruise up.

Host Grandma thanks for the tip about the Baltic forum. Lots of information there.

Cheers

What cruise are you on? There are several roll calls set up. You could start one also.

We stayed at the Radisson Blu at the end of a Baltic cruise. An excellent choice. You will love it. Convenient for centre of the city and if you want to explore on a train the station is very close. Uppsala was a fabulous town to visit.

We stayed at the Radisson Blu at the end of a Baltic cruise. An excellent choice. You will love it. Convenient for centre of the city and if you want to explore on a train the station is very close. Uppsala was a fabulous town to visit.

Completely agree with your assessment of the Radisson Blu in Stockholm, good hotel in a great location.

We also stayed at the Andersen in Copenhagen. Loved the unique decor and location. Unfortunately we were there in the midst of a record-breaking heat wave, but still enjoyed the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott (downtown on the main canal and almost adjacent to Tivoli Gardens.) Great location with both HoHo bus and water stops, and walkable to many downtown attractions. Very nice hotel with all amenities. We stayed on Marriott points, so were not concerned about price. Would definitely stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Neliska - I saw this post and wonder if you are on the Azamara Journey August 8, 2018 cruise. If so, there IS a roll call but the Find Your Roll Call tool lists the WRONG date. It lists Azamara Journey August 11, 2018. If you choose that one, it will link you to the roll call.

I am not the roll call starter, but I submitted a request to fix the date in the Glitches forum, and also used the blue exclamation point on the first post of the roll call to report the issue. Hopefully it gets fixed so others can find the roll call.

Marilyn

• 1 month later...

Thanks

We stayed at the Absalon in Copenhagen this past May. I would definitely recommend it and would book it myself again. Walkable location, amazing service, great room and breakfast. It books quickly and is reasonable by Copenhagen standards.

Neliska - I saw this post and wonder if you are on the Azamara Journey August 8, 2018 cruise. If so, there IS a roll call but the Find Your Roll Call tool lists the WRONG date. It lists Azamara Journey August 11, 2018. If you choose that one, it will link you to the roll call.

I am not the roll call starter, but I submitted a request to fix the date in the Glitches forum, and also used the blue exclamation point on the first post of the roll call to report the issue. Hopefully it gets fixed so others can find the roll call.

Marilyn

It’s now been fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums