Caviar in the Surf

jenidallas

With two ships in the Caribbean for the winter season, is Seabourn doing Caviar in the Surf with the traditional beach BBQ this year?

I recognize that they've integrated a "caviar at the pool/in the pool" type of event now on just about all other sailings (Caviar in the Pool, Caviar on the Ice, etc.) but I'm wondering if there are specific ports where the old-style event are still taking place.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody have an idea of wherer this event will be held on the holiday cruise, if at all ?  Ports are:

Bequia

Martinique

Antigua

Santa Domingo

Cartgena

Santa Marta

Aruba

Bonaire

Trying to book excursions but don't want to miss the caviar in the surf.  Previously we have done this in Mayreau but this cruise stops at Bequia in lieu of Mayreau.    

Thanks!

On 5/23/2019 at 11:26 AM, labates629 said:

Does anybody have an idea of wherer this event will be held on the holiday cruise, if at all ?  Ports are:

Bequia

Martinique

Antigua

Santa Domingo

Cartgena

Santa Marta

Aruba

Bonaire

Trying to book excursions but don't want to miss the caviar in the surf.  Previously we have done this in Mayreau but this cruise stops at Bequia in lieu of Mayreau.    

Thanks!

Which holiday cruise are you on.  We're on the 24 day cruise from 12/14 - 1/4 and Martinique isn't on our schedule.  I really really REALLY wish it was. 

13 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

Which holiday cruise are you on.  We're on the 24 day cruise from 12/14 - 1/4 and Martinique isn't on our schedule.  I really really REALLY wish it was. 

I’m on the same ship as you (Odyssey) joining in Barbados on 21st. So unless something has changed, you are going to Martinique (Trois Isles) on the 23rd!

OMG you are right.  Excellent and thank you for the info :)

Wifie and I were there many years ago and took a catamaran "to the north" and then drove back over the nearly 1 mile high mountain.  I think it's the most beautiful island in the Caribbean.

Regarding your caviar in the surf and beach barbecue question; it takes place at their private island.  We've done 4 of them to date and is one of the highlights of the cruise.  Be sure to go over early (kind of as soon as possible) to bag beach chairs in the shade.  Also, while the BBQ takes place over several hours, the actual 'caviar in the surf' event only lasts approx. 30 minutes (on or around 12:00 - 12:30).  Blink and you'll miss it.

35 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

Regarding your caviar in the surf and beach barbecue question; it takes place at their private island.  We've done 4 of them to date and is one of the highlights of the cruise.  Be sure to go over early (kind of as soon as possible) to bag beach chairs in the shade.  Also, while the BBQ takes place over several hours, the actual 'caviar in the surf' event only lasts approx. 30 minutes (on or around 12:00 - 12:30).  Blink and you'll miss it.

What is the name of the private island/location on this itinerary as listed by labates629? 

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

OMG you are right.  Excellent and thank you for the info :)

Wifie and I were there many years ago and took a catamaran "to the north" and then drove back over the nearly 1 mile high mountain.  I think it's the most beautiful island in the Caribbean.

I'm Iooking forward to Martinique too!  I have experienced the beach BBQ on Mayreau before - which presumably you will have too on the first week.   As we are joining for the 2nd two weeks of this cruise I think we might not have the beach bbq/caviar in the surf because there is no stop in Mayreau or Carambola which is where Seabourn usually hold it.   I don't think it will be the same in the pool!    

In response to Isklaar - I believe Raphael360 means the 'private' beach event typically held on Mayreau or Carambola.  

3 hours ago, labates629 said:

In response to Isklaar - I believe Raphael360 means the 'private' beach event typically held on Mayreau or Carambola.  

Unless I'm misunderstanding, that response from Raphael360 does't answer your question though? I've visited all of your ports with SB previously and never had Caviar in the Surf at any of those listed, so I assumed Raphael360 had some inside info! 

As you say, Mayreau and Carambola have been the go-to locations for CitS for a few years now but of course they aren't private islands.

Hopefully someone can answer your question,  or perhaps it will be a caviar in the pool cruise.

Edited by Isklaar

53 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, that response from Raphael360 does't answer your question though? I've visited all of your ports with SB previously and never had Caviar in the Surf at any of those listed, so I assumed Raphael360 had some inside info! 

As you say, Mayreau and Carambola have been the go-to locations for CitS for a few years now but of course they aren't private islands.

Hopefully someone can answer your question,  or perhaps it will be a caviar in the pool cruise.

Yes Isklaar you're right, I'm still unclear on whether we will have a beach bbq/caviar event on the 21st Dec - Jan 4 segment as none of the ports we are visiting have a history of holding the event.  I guess a pool event will still be fun though.   We really enjoyed the lobster bbq on the beach though!  Perhaps we just need to add on the first week as well which will solve my problem.  But we are still working so not really an option this year  :).     

On 5/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, labates629 said:

I've been on 3 SB Caribbean cruises and all three had Caviar in the surf - BBQ on the beach.  With that said, I'm pretty clueless when I'm on cruises to the what-where beach location1236643233_ScreenShot2019-06-05at8_51_57PM.thumb.png.872fcdbf9e8f552ae219e595d426cce0.png.  I did look at my 2017 cruise pictures an the BBQ happened on a beach near Basseterre/St Kitts.

Edited by raphael360
sic