Boarding time at LAX.

Essiesmom

We are arriving at Long Beach on Sat. 27 Jan. We are staying one night on the Queen Mary. Our flight next day from LAX is at 1:44pm. How early should we get to the airport, and how bad is security check in? We have Global Entry/TSA Pre-check. Also traveling with just carry-on. Haven't flown from LAX in years, last time I think 2009. Always seemed to be construction going on...EM

Which airline? On Thursday late morning the Southwest Terminal was backed up. LAX needs a good two hours of JIC time. In LA if you leave early you’ll find no traffic and breeze right thru. Leave on time and you’ll hit every red light, hit several accidents and have issues at security.

I’d leave around 11 to be safe.

I would get there around two and one half hours before the flight. In my case I just get there three hours early and I have TSA pre check.

If you don't have TSA pre check for sure two and one hours before the flight because things can get very slow from check in to security and the airport itself can be very crowded just when you enter it to be dropped off. Last time we were there one of the main road was shut down due to an accident.

So my advice is to get there around 11:00 or 11:15 for sure and as I mentioned in my case I would be there earlier.

Then we would just relax and get lunch there.

Keith

The issue with LAX is not so much getting through security(especially with pre check) but it is the traffic getting to the airport.

You never know when there will be an accident that screws things up!

Sunday morning is lighter than during the week but as you know accidents can happen at any time.

I'd also leave around 11AM and just spend time at the airport if you get there early.