Booking engine on Carnival?

13cheermom

Anyone know how to get back to the old booking engine on Carnival's site? Remember reading previously about new format, however mine was still the same. However this morning it's different and can't get anything but early saver rates to come up even after entering VIFP # and information. Frustrating! Is there anyway around this or to revert to the old way??

I have no idea but as someone familiar with the underlying technology you may be able to accomplish that by clearing the temporary data and cookies stored by your browser, what some folks call clearing the cache. It is possible that the website designers made it so that that choice you make is stored in a cookie and once it's there it'll always direct you to the new booking engine. You may even be able to find that one cookie in your browser using the advanced settings and just delete it and get back to the old booking engine that way. Again I'm not really sure that's how the website designers did it but if it is then clearing the cookie will put you back to the point where It'll ask you the question again.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I have no idea but as someone familiar with the underlying technology you may be able to accomplish that by clearing the temporary data and cookies stored by your browser, what some folks call clearing the cache. It is possible that the website designers made it so that that choice you make is stored in a cookie and once it's there it'll always direct you to the new booking engine. You may even be able to find that one cookie in your browser using the advanced settings and just delete it and get back to the old booking engine that way. Again I'm not really sure that's how the website designers did it but if it is then clearing the cookie will put you back to the point where It'll ask you the question again.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Thanks so much, I knew I remember reading this somewhere else, however searching on these forums is difficult sometimes. But it did work and gave me the option to do the shopping cart (don't like it at all). No thank-you Carnival, why change something that already works and clearly the new way doesn't.

Thanks so much, I knew I remember reading this somewhere else, however searching on these forums is difficult sometimes.
My pleasure.

But it did work and gave me the option to do the shopping cart (don't like it at all). No thank-you Carnival, why change something that already works and clearly the new way doesn't.
Most often these days it is because the old way doesn't work for some other device or class of devices. While booking my cruise, it wouldn't let me enter my spouse's VIFP Club #. I was entering it correctly, and it was the correct number, but clearly there was a problem with the way that the website was designed that made that field non-operable on the device I was using (a Google Pixel C).

Unfortunately, I know from personal experience the drudgery involved in trying to coax the Internet to play nice with everyone. Just a few weeks back, a vendor delivered software we contracted from them, and despite their pride in how great it worked in testing, when tested integrated into our system, it corrupted data (which is even worse than not working!) It didn't take long to determine that the problem was the fact that their code didn't play well with other code in the system, nor with other code provided by a different vendor. Mumbo jumbo like CSS and IE5 quirks and asynchronous were thrown around to explain the issue.

And this is a never-ending battle since people continually buy the newest devices and install the newest updates of operating systems and browsers (Marshmallow has given way to Nougat... buy now!). The newest devices often aren't as backwardly compatible as they claim. Furthermore, the people keeping up with the latest and greatest are generally the people the cruise lines want to attract the most, since they're evidently spending their money freely enough to be on the leading edge of technology So that means out with the old tired static website features and in with the new exciting dynamic website features.

And that's good news for me: It's pays my spouse and I enough so we can cruise.