Dune buggy tour with RCL

Considering the RCL dune buggy tour excursion in Cozumel. Has anyone done this and have any feedback?

Sent from my SM-T113 using Forums mobile app

We did this excursion back in April. I really enjoyed it. You have to walk to the dune buggies and it was a bit of a walk but not terrible. There is no beach riding (a typical thought when you think of a dune buggy) but we did stop at a nice beach for a while. It was nice because we had the breeze and got to see parts of Cozumel that we hadn't seen yet. We would do it again.

We did this tour in May. My niece and I went. The dune buggy holds four people so we were paired with a nice couple. Most of the dune buggies were manual shift.

It is a short walk to the dune buggy where you get an orientation. We drove along the streets and coast. There was one place at the beginning where they took your picture with the beach behind you, later you could purchase for a reasonable price - very low pressure.

We then stopped at a small resort where we got snorkel gear and went snorkeling. The sea was a little rough, but the guide did a great job showing a for things to us. It was my first time snorkeling.

We then continued to a beautiful spot on the beach for some local liquor tasting. You could order food or you could go to the beach area. There was a warning up at that time for rough seas so they did not recommend swimming. The guide came and talked to us for a while and gave my niece and I some wonderful information about the area and the beach.

We then drove back to the ship. We had just enough time to walk back to the ship as all aboard was right as we arrived back.

It was a fun day. Be sure to have sun screen.

On a side note, if you are going during turtle season, they offer an excursion where they take you too the beach and you look for turtle egg nests that have hatched overnight. You did down to see if there are any babies which could dig out and take them to the sea. He said that the families love it.

Hope that helps.

Mary

We did this excursion back in April. I really enjoyed it. You have to walk to the dune buggies and it was a bit of a walk but not terrible. There is no beach riding (a typical thought when you think of a dune buggy) but we did stop at a nice beach for a while. It was nice because we had the breeze and got to see parts of Cozumel that we hadn't seen yet. We would do it again.

I am glad to hear that, we are doing this excursion Nov 8th on the Brilliance of the sea it is called Dune Buggy Snorkel and Beach .