Seeking Advice on South American Cruise

NeverStopLearning

Thank you Robin. Those are good ideas. I will be going to my dr for the pills as I’m worried about the high altitude sickness. I also found out my dr also went to Machu Picchu a number of years ago so she knows what I should expect. Since we are from Canada cold weather isn’t a problem as where we live our winters can go down to the - 30s C . or -20s F. or lower. we sometimes hit -40 with a windchill. We just don’t venture out too long when ts that cold.

Thank you Robin. Those are good ideas. I will be going to my dr for the pills as I’m worried about the high altitude sickness. I also found out my dr also went to Machu Picchu a number of years ago so she knows what I should expect. Since we are from Canada cold weather isn’t a problem as where we live our winters can go down to the - 30s C . or -20s F. or lower. we sometimes hit -40 with a windchill. We just don’t venture out too long when ts that cold.

You are welcome. Each person is so different. Met people on the train and they said no problems.but have read one horror story of a person going to a medical,clinic and another being taken care of by her butler at hotel..

I just made sure after hikes to rest and drink water, rest means sitting.

• 5 weeks later...
First off go to your Dr here. I used the alitude pills twice a day .taking the first one before I left Lima. I felt a little dizzy A couple of times. I onky had the tea in morning. Ercic de Grey said he was eating the tea leaves. Never needed them.

Lima..I did the old part of the city while still on a cruise ship. From hotel I did museums, a food tour and swam. I booked the food tour from home. The museums driver at hotel.

For MP I wore a sweatshirt thst ended up around my waist. I stated with a cheap rain poncho over sweatshirt. I did this trip late Feb into March. Rained hard. 30 minutes at MP..then light then sun. None in SV.which was very warm in daytime. Nights cold. Cusco saw rain twice and one of those I was on the way to dinner.

I stayed at all Belmont hotels. Heated bathroom floors. Saw five churches inCusco. Eat at Fallen Angel. Food was good not great but wow decor. Also Chicha,s there. SV the place to go begins with H.

I climbed both Pisac and Olly. Also Pisac has a lovely garden to go in.it was 10 sols. Three sols to a dollar. Go to B and N for Fommers book. Just sit and read. Was a huge help

Thank -you for the suggestions. The high altitude sickness pills will certainly help. We will be seeing a travel dr. who will also recommend all the emunizations etc that we will need. We were also looking at Belmont hotels since we will be on our own for at least 1 1/2 days before meeting up with the tour group at the airport hotel. We want to definitely do a tour or two. Since we will be getting in to Lima around 1:30 am we won’t get to our hotel about 3am ,i’m guessing , we will be pretty tired.