Resort day pass CocoReef

dm9102

We will be in Bermuda June 10-12. We are looking to do a resort day pass at CocoReef. My husband likes the beach and I like a pool. Has anyone done this? What are the pros and cons at this particular resort?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be in Bermuda June 10-12. We are looking to do a resort day pass at CocoReef. My husband likes the beach and I like a pool. Has anyone done this? What are the pros and cons at this particular resort?

You’ll want to double check it includes the pool- we did it one year and the pool was for hotel guests only.

• 1 month later...
We were at Coco Reef last year under the “Resort for the Day” pass. Pool use was included, lunch was excellent and never felt like we were “outsiders”...enjoyed it so much that we’ll be going back this October.

Thank you... good to hear. Were drinks expensive? Around what price range?

Drinks were about the average price for Bermuda....if I remember correctly, beers about $5/6 and mixed (cosmos) about $10....a bit more than “ship prices” didn’t drink a whole lot....between swimming, walking the coves near by and just enjoying the view before we knew it, it was time to go!

A few logistics questions: taking my super-senior mom. The resort states that they will give rides down to the beach by golf cart (for her). Do you know whether the little road goes to beach level, or is a flight of stairs required? Also, are the restrooms on the beach level, or upstairs at Coconuts? Trouble getting a cab at days’ end?

Last year we did the resort at Elbow Beach. There the cab was able to drive down to the restaurant, and then it was one flight down, restrooms at beach level. We were treated worse than hotel guests, different chairs off to the side, and no real beach service, service was unfriendly at best. Problem both days with cabs returning to the ship - one day we waited an hour, another we took a van that dumped us at Horseshoe where we got a cab.

And a word of advice: Resorts for the Day often sells out in Bermuda because they sell such a small amount of passes. Some July dates already sold out. Don’t wait once you decide to purchase.

A few logistics questions: taking my super-senior mom. The resort states that they will give rides down to the beach by golf cart (for her). Do you know whether the little road goes to beach level, or is a flight of stairs required? Also, are the restrooms on the beach level, or upstairs at Coconuts? Trouble getting a cab at days’ end?

Last year we did the resort at Elbow Beach. There the cab was able to drive down to the restaurant, and then it was one flight down, restrooms at beach level. We were treated worse than hotel guests, different chairs off to the side, and no real beach service, service was unfriendly at best. Problem both days with cabs returning to the ship - one day we waited an hour, another we took a van that dumped us at Horseshoe where we got a cab.

And a word of advice: Resorts for the Day often sells out in Bermuda because they sell such a small amount of passes. Some July dates already sold out. Don’t wait once you decide to purchase.

I can’t specifically speak to CocoReef as we haven’t spent time there but I have heard the same thing about Elbow Beach from friends- day guests are essentially segregated and have a totally different level of service. They were not pleased. We’ve been lucky to have a reciprocal membership in a private club with their own beach but thought about spending a day at Elbow to mix things up but changed plans after hearing their experience.

If you’re worried about cabs there’s an app called Hitch that functions like Bermuda’s local Uber. You can call a car from the app and they charge your credit card. Works extremely well.

I have not been at the resort, only on the beach level. That was a few years ago. Don’t see how they could get a cart down there. All I saw were stairs. There was an aerial view posted on another thread by SBtS. I copied it below.

7289a5b7ddcd5179ce333128d3b6be12.jpg

Thank you both. That must be an old photo. There’s a large structure on the beach now with a restaurant and bar upstairs and what looks like a towel shack on the beach level. Hoping for restrooms on the beach level too, and golf cart access would be perfect for mom.

Thank you both. That must be an old photo. There’s a large structure on the beach now with a restaurant and bar upstairs and what looks like a towel shack on the beach level. Hoping for restrooms on the beach level too, and golf cart access would be perfect for mom.

I can’t visualize how they would do that at water level but it was probably ten years ago I was around there. It looked like there was a sandy area that was not at water level. Maybe the tides bring the water up to that at certain times. Good luck. Hope you will write a review.

You mentioned Coconuts in your post. Coconuts is at a different hotel. The Reefs.

Charles, I can’t thank you enough. For some reason I thought the Reefs and CocoReef were the same hotel. You saved me from bringing my 90 year old mom to the wrong place. Thank you. Apologies to everyone on this thread for any confusion I caused. I was at Elbow Beach resort last August so that information is correct as of August.