Diamond Cruisers

cantw82cruise

I have taken 27 Carnival cruises and I am diamond with Carnival. I was looking through all my Sign and Sail cards the other day and noticed I only had 12 cruises as a platinum cruisers. That seemed pretty low to me so I was wondering if anyone else has less platinum cruises before making it to diamond?

I made Platinum on 9/1/2005. It was my 15th Carnival cruise.

I made Diamond on 8/4/2013.

There were 16 cruises in between Platinum and Diamond. There were lots of white Milestone cards in that lot because for a while you got a white milestone card every time.

After getting demoted to Platinum after being promised I would be grandfathered in as a Diamond, I was so disgusted with Carnival that I sailed RCCL 3 times, Princess 3 times and MSC once before going back to Carnival. Back to RCCL next month!

Edited by DebJ14

I have taken 27 Carnival cruises and I am diamond with Carnival. I was looking through all my Sign and Sail cards the other day and noticed I only had 12 cruises as a platinum cruisers. That seemed pretty low to me so I was wondering if anyone else has less platinum cruises before making it to diamond?

It all depends on how many days your 12 cruises were. The more the days, the fewer cruises it would take.

It all depends on how many days your 12 cruises were. The more the days, the fewer cruises it would take.

This is right. CCL implemented this a while ago. Instead of # of cruises to reach a certain "level" it is how many days you have cruised with them. We also reached Diamond a few cruises ago.

Yes I know that... We had a 12 day 14 day and a 23 day in there along with 7 and 8's. Carnival also gave us diamond status early because we were doing a back to back. We would have reached our 200th day on the second cruise but they made us diamond for both.

Yes I know that... We had a 12 day 14 day and a 23 day in there along with 7 and 8's. Carnival also gave us diamond status early because we were doing a back to back. We would have reached our 200th day on the second cruise but they made us diamond for both.

OK, you answered your own question. 125 days are needed between Platinum and Diamond. Not that separating since there are tens of thousands sailing. It's not that difficult to obtain, in these times of cruising.

OK, you answered your own question. 125 days are needed between Platinum and Diamond. Not that separating since there are tens of thousands sailing. It's not that difficult to obtain, in these times of cruising.

The real question was has anyone gotten to Diamond in less than 12 platinum cruises. I know how I got there that was never in question.

I can beat you, I became Diamond on my 16th cruise with Carnival. Carnival Legend TA.

Platinum on my 10th cruise (Magic Med) at 119 days.

Have done mostly longer cruises and still do but with other lines as Carnival has become too expensive for solos. (Hawaii and Alaska)

I liked it when they had 150% for the 1As.

I am booked on the Horizon TA May 9th, my firsr Carnival cruise since the Vista Med and TA.

Carnival is my favourite line and I do miss it.

I can beat you, I became Diamond on my 16th cruise with Carnival. Carnival Legend TA.

Have done mostly longer cruises and still do but with other lines as Carnival has become too expensive for solos. (Hawaii and Alaska)

I liked it when they had 150% for the 1As.

I am booked on the Horizon TA May 9th, my firsr Carnival cruise since the Vista Med and TA.

Carnival is my favourite line and I do miss it.

Hi Maryann, why is Carnival your favourite line?

How does it compare with Costa, MSC, Norwegian, Royal, Celebrity, etc?

Wow only 6 platinum cruises that is impressive. We were also on the Legend TP and the Vista Last Med and TA. We also like the longer cruises but we both still work so we have to stick to the 2 week trips for another 5 years. Our bosses were not to happy with us taking a month off at a time.

I usually take 7 day or longer cruises, so I reached platinum about my 11th cruise. Thought I'd never make it to the next level, but some longer Journeys and some B2B's speeded up that process. Hit Diamond on the Vista about my 28th cruise?

Now have 35 cruises for a total of 258 sea days on Carnival alone, average is 7.33 days per cruise. Next cruise is an 8 day Horrizon spa balcony May 28.

That is a very low number of cruises to reach Diamond! I have 38 Carnival cruises and still have 28 days to go before making Diamond (4x7 night cruises). I've been Platinum for 9 very long years. Carnival really needs more loyalty levels. Work prevents me from getting away for longer cruises.