Free Drink Coupon Past Guest

kapcruiser

I was just on the Magic a couple weeks ago, and had a coupon like that. It did say use it the "last day, etc." I wasn't thinking too much about it, other then I knew I needed to use it before I got off the ship. I decided to take it with me the day/afternoon before the last day that I could use it. When I gave it to the bartender, he started to give it back to me pointing out what it said, and he could tell I hadn't paid that much attention to ALL the details, so he said, "Oh well." He then gave me my drink. I guess you'll just have to see and take a chance.:)

Someone "reported" that they went to guest services and complained, and were given a coupon for a drink anytime instead. Honestly I think Carnival keeps it as after 530pm on the last day of the cruise in hopes that people don't redeem it at that point, either because they forgot to, or they are boozed out at that point. Would be a really nice gesture for it to be redeemable anytime so you could use it as soon as you board or at the first nights dinner as a welcome back drink!

Never understood why Carnival gives a specific redemption time. Seems like it would make more sense (and save paper) if they just deleted a single bar charge off your sign and sail card.

Because they're hoping you don't use them. A lot of the passengers forget about them by the last night.

Because they're hoping you don't use them. A lot of the passengers forget about them by the last night.

Exactly this. I am one of those passengers who indeed forgot about the coupon on the last night, and ended up not using it.

I think the limitation of the time limitation on the voucher is stupid . Its not good for the customer , the staff and probably not good for business . Everyone that is trying to use that coupon is trying to use that around the same time which means longer waits for the drink , and longer waits for people buying drinks . The staff gets flooded with extra business all at once instead of having that spread out throughout the cruise . I think its bad for business because after waiting for my free drink that night I usually don,t order any more because of the wait . If they gave the free drink earlier in the cruise some people might be more likely to drink some more. Someone who has a good drink might think hey that was good I'll have another one tonight or maybe drink some more a different day on the cruise .

I think the limitation of the time limitation on the voucher is stupid . Its not good for the customer , the staff and probably not good for business . Everyone that is trying to use that coupon is trying to use that around the same time which means longer waits for the drink , and longer waits for people buying drinks . The staff gets flooded with extra business all at once instead of having that spread out throughout the cruise . I think its bad for business because after waiting for my free drink that night I usually don,t order any more because of the wait . If they gave the free drink earlier in the cruise some people might be more likely to drink some more. Someone who has a good drink might think hey that was good I'll have another one tonight or maybe drink some more a different day on the cruise .

Oh but it is if you don't use them which is what they are hoping for. I would guess and this is just a guess that half of the coupons never get used. Some don't drink and some forget about them.

Saying Carnival doesn't want you to use the coupon is just silly.

They prefer you don't. It's not silly, it's economics. Same reason they have the platinum diamond party theast day, they know you have probably had enough drinks.

If they really wanted you to use it they would allow you to use it anytime.

Saying Carnival doesn't want you to use the coupon is just silly.

Apparently you don't know how corporations think. They offer it making you think you got something for free, hoping you don't use it and then they come out ahead. Stop and think of how many Gold/Platinum/Diamond cruisers there are on all of their ships in any given week. Think about how much that costs them if every one of those coupons get used.

Of course they expect that the majority will NOT use them. My whole family is Gold or above (6 of us), and how many of us redeemed those coupons on our last cruise? Zero. I think ours said "for a free drink at Brunch." We go to the Seaday Brunches, every day they are offered, but we always forgot the coupons in our rooms. Plus we have Cheers.

It's the appearance that you are getting something for free. I'm sure they know exactly how many of those will be redeemed on any given cruise to within a few percentage points.

If they thought about it, they could save a lot of money on those dinky pins if they gave you a coupon for those that was redeemable at Guest Services for the actual pin.