Progressive Check in times?

dritan

Hi

Sorry as I'm sure this has been a topic before but the search facility when using the Android app is terrible.

I've booked train tickets for my family to arrive in Civitavecchia by 11.30 but got an email last night about progressive checking. Ours is due at 3pm!!

I've used Civitavecchia many times and is probably the worst embarkation port imaginable and definitely wouldn't want to be stuck in it for 3 hours in 90 degree temperatures and with 2 kids.

I'm also pretty sure other lines indicate a preferred time to board?

Does anyone have recent experience of this? I've never cruises with Princess before? Thanks

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

You've actually answered your question yourself. Your preferred check in is 3pm. Show up. Fill in your paperwork and see what happens. With any luck you'll be aboard long before 3pm. Unless you're up the loyalty scale on any cruise line you just have to sit and take pot luck. Sorry.

I have only seen one posting on here that said that Princess enforced their progressive checkin times. Like many things with Princess they don't actively enforce their rules in this case checkin times. This does not mean that they will enforce it in your case but I doubt it. However if you show up early, then be prepared to stand/sit in line if all the other pax waiting to board the ship. Chances are you will be onboard long before 3 PM.

• 4 weeks later...
In case others will be asking the same question, we got to the cruise terminal around 11.30 am and were on board by midday. Fab start to our best ever holiday.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

It is good of you to come back on here and report your experiences - much appreciated.