Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights before a cruise in March 2018?

Jamnuts

Hello

I need to book a hotel for two nights in Fort Lauderdale prior to leaving on a cruise on March 12, 2018. I have been looking but have not been able to find a hotel that seems to be reasonably priced and clean and in a good location. If anyone could offer some suggestions for me that would be great. Coming from British Columbia, Canada, and have never been to Florida but definitely looking forward to the day we get to spend in Fort Lauderdale.

Not near the beach, but we've stayed at Springhill Suites, Dania Beach a number of times. Very nice property.

Note also that you are wanting to stay at one of the most expensive times, during Spring Break. Good luck!

best western plus oceanside was good. close to port..walking distance to lots of eating places

cambria inn and suites was also good...walking distance to a mall

but just checked the prices and they are pretty high for that time period...since you will have a couple of days I would suggest renting a car..would let you stay at a cheaper motel and drive to the ship (actually drop off is at the airport for rental cars and they have shuttles to the port)...would check this out as I did this over a year ago so it may have changed. car would also let you go around a bit...everglades for an airport ride..gator farm or Miami beach area...

have fun

We like the Hyatt Place, which is near the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It's also very close to the shopping center with a Publix (grocery store) and Total Wine for last-minute supplies. We've also stayed at the Embassy Suites. Both have breakfast included. The evening reception at Embassy Suites isn't very good if you don't drink--just snack foods. We've had much better at other Embassy Suites in other cities--enough variety of good food to be dinner for us.

Last year we stayed at Bonaventura Resort. It's 20 miles west of Fort Lauderdale. We rented a car very inexpensively. It was under $100 a night plus taxes and fees--when the hotels closer to the port that we'd consider were all over $200 plus taxes.

We'll be renting a car and staying at the Sawgrass Grand Hotel in December. It's in Sunrise--about 15 miles from the port. We'll drop our luggage off at the port the morning of our cruise, return the rental car at the airport, and take a cab back to the port. The Embassy Suites on 17th Street would run $300 a night for our two nights. The Sawgrass Grand was a third of the price through Priceline.

What's your budget? What are your dates? :confused: More details will help the suggestions to be closer to your target. Your reasonable might be my splurge.

March, particularly close to Easter break, is prime season in south FLA -- "reasonable" prices will be hard to find. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

We are staying two nights before our cruise in February.I just booked the Embassy Suites for 230. per night, using an AARP discount. We're arriving 6pm on the first day and wanted to be sure to have food nearby and a bar,lol. I have looked extensively. We started out wanting to stay on the beach and were prepared to bite the bullet..but on further thought, we are going on a Caribbean cruise, with a balcony and will likely have enough beach. So after way too much looking at hotels, we finally just chose Embassy Suites. I had booked at The Riverside but the room was much smaller and there was no included breakfast so I cancelled. Still waiting to hear from Valuetrips to see if they received my reservation request for the Hyatt Place. But I think I'll be happy enough with what we have

We like the hotels on 17th street. Favorite is Hilton Marina. Good restaurants, water taxi nearby and is within sight of the cruise port. We are staying at Embassy Suites in January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am Hilton brand loyal so we do either the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort or Doubletree Galleria One. It usually depend on price, which one I pick. In October I got a two room suite at FLBR for $185 (pre-paid but refundable). It was an awesome room with a huge living room, kitchen, ocean and city view, and gigantic bathroom. Three years ago I got a two bedroom suite with living room and kitchen for $225 at DG1.

We tend to like the DG1 a little better as the water taxi stops right off the dock outside the back door and there is a great mall and places to eat just across the street. FLBR has some great beach and food, but is more touristy.

In January we are going to Florida two nights early (a New England insurance policy) for a cruise out of Miami. Since I'm not at all familiar with Miami but have stayed in Fort Lauderdale a few times, we are renting a car (from Thrifty, haunt their website and watch for price reductions) and going up to Lauderdale By The Sea for those two nights. I booked The Plunge Hotel. Not cheap (about $200+ resort fees) but right on the beach and seems to be in walking distance to a lot of things, and definitely cheaper than Miami. I will let you know when I get back how I like it. I was going to book the Best Western Plus Oceanside I see someone mentioned, but they are sold out. I haven't stayed there before but have seen good reviews and it is near the beach. Last time we stayed at the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport, which was ok, but not much to do in the area. Luckily it was only one night and just my husband and I. We used Uber to get to/from the beach.

In January we are going to Florida two nights early (a New England insurance policy) for a cruise out of Miami. Since I'm not at all familiar with Miami but have stayed in Fort Lauderdale a few times, we are renting a car (from Thrifty, haunt their website and watch for price reductions) and going up to Lauderdale By The Sea for those two nights. I booked The Plunge Hotel. Not cheap (about $200+ resort fees) but right on the beach and seems to be in walking distance to a lot of things, and definitely cheaper than Miami. I will let you know when I get back how I like it. I was going to book the Best Western Plus Oceanside I see someone mentioned, but they are sold out. I haven't stayed there before but have seen good reviews and it is near the beach. Last time we stayed at the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport, which was ok, but not much to do in the area. Luckily it was only one night and just my husband and I. We used Uber to get to/from the beach.

I live in LBTS and can say that the Plunge Hotel is a very nice property and has a cool vibe. I think their resort fee is very reasonable and offers a lot of amenities. The Backflip Beach Bar is fun, right on the beach ... good tacos, burgers, drinks. The Octopus Gastropub and Bean & Barnacle just opened. Publix Supermarket is across the street, and the town center is 1/2 mile walking distance (Plunge has bicycles too), where all the other restaurants and bars are.

By the way, LBTS will be full of NE visitors and sports fans. Plunge and Beachside Village Resort are popular places for NE visitors to stay, and the Village Grille / Village Pump are big NE hangouts. You will have fun!

All right I need to bite on this one... I am also cruising on March 12 next year! We are going on a partial transit Panama Canal cruise through NCL on the Jade. So yeah... that is out of Miami Port. BUT we are flying into FLL and I nearly made myself into a zombie figuring out where to stay! It was like too many choices and I got completely overwhelmed. Almost as if I will screw it up. The truth probably is that a lot of these suggestions are great ones.And you will love where ever you choose.

That being said, I did eventually find myself favoring the downtown area consistently, and I see a lot of people here do too. Some of these hotels are quite pricey IMHO. I will just admit I am a real thrifty traveler. So, for me I wanted to spend about $150... Or LESS. I ended up on a Hotwire site, did a ton of research and as I sweated bullets just this morning I gambled on one of the opaque sites where I put in my filters for the zone I wanted. The amenities fit and I was certain it was The Riverside Hotel, which was fine by me. Other hotels in the area of Las Olas might be better and I'll admit to being greedy as well as scared of what hotel I'd get assigned to. I did purchase the insurance at $14.62, just in case I couldn't handle the card I dealt and am pleased that all my toil and worry is now behind me. The River Side Hotel it is!!!!

I plan to purchase the water taxi tickets and enjoying the sites and trivia on the whole area. It will be a Sunday, so I am also looking forward to seeing some ships embarking from Port Everglades. Anyone who has suggestions on sites, restaurants in this area please let us know! Is happy hour a common occurrence late afternoon? Even if it's a Sunday???

All right I need to bite on this one... I am also cruising on March 12 next year! We are going on a partial transit Panama Canal cruise through NCL on the Jade. So yeah... that is out of Miami Port. BUT we are flying into FLL and I nearly made myself into a zombie figuring out where to stay! It was like too many choices and I got completely overwhelmed. Almost as if I will screw it up. The truth probably is that a lot of these suggestions are great ones.And you will love where ever you choose.

That being said, I did eventually find myself favoring the downtown area consistently, and I see a lot of people here do too. Some of these hotels are quite pricey IMHO. I will just admit I am a real thrifty traveler. So, for me I wanted to spend about $150... Or LESS. I ended up on a Hotwire site, did a ton of research and as I sweated bullets just this morning I gambled on one of the opaque sites where I put in my filters for the zone I wanted. The amenities fit and I was certain it was The Riverside Hotel, which was fine by me. Other hotels in the area of Las Olas might be better and I'll admit to being greedy as well as scared of what hotel I'd get assigned to. I did purchase the insurance at $14.62, just in case I couldn't handle the card I dealt and am pleased that all my toil and worry is now behind me. The River Side Hotel it is!!!!

I plan to purchase the water taxi tickets and enjoying the sites and trivia on the whole area. It will be a Sunday, so I am also looking forward to seeing some ships embarking from Port Everglades. Anyone who has suggestions on sites, restaurants in this area please let us know! Is happy hour a common occurrence late afternoon? Even if it's a Sunday???

Thanks for all the great information. I have never really booked with hotwire but maybe I will give it a try. What rating were you searching with, 3 or 4 stars?

I booked at the Galleria One. I cashed in my Hilton points and got a reduced rate. Do you have any loyalty program points? My Vancity Visa has travel points. Try Expedia, Costco travel, and the sugggestion to rent a car and stay further out is a good one.

You should probably let everyone here know what you consider "reasonably priced" ...

Hi, I guess reasonably priced would be under $250 US as we are from Canada and our dollar is always so low, lol.

We are sailing in January and are booked at The Hyatt 17th St. We booked it through valuetrips.com and their rate is considerably less than the hotel website.

It is now within walking distance to a beach if that is something you want. It is a great hotel with a bedroom area and a living area. It does have a self-service breakfast.

We have stayed there for several cruises and it is within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, ie, Total Wine and other stores.

There are two hotels where we've stayed that stand out. The W Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort and the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina.

When we stayed at the W, we were originally booked to stay at a Hampton Inn near the airport. That's until we realized that, for about $25 more, we could stay at the beautiful W Resort right on the beach. Yes, we had to pay for parking, internet, and breakfast (which would've all been complimentary at the Hampton Inn), but the upcharge was well worth it and a fantastic way to start our vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the great information. I have never really booked with hotwire but maybe I will give it a try. What rating were you searching with, 3 or 4 stars?

I believe I selected both 3 and 4 stars. I also am certain The Riverside is one that has "pet friendly". It was straight up $150. No bidding. Come back and let us know what you got!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Try Priceline or Hotwire. Specify 4 star. Specify Downtown and Beach. You will see some express deals. You won't know which hotel until you book. My daughter hyst got W Fort Lauderdale Beach for $129 a night. I think regular price is around $279 a night!

Okay thanks I will give it a try!