Will I get priority security line out of MCO if booked in business class?

rch3232

I would call Air Canada with this question - but the answer should be yes.

I'm curious to understand why the class of seat I buy would give me preferential treatment through security? I can see priority check-in since that is through the airline's own employees and area, but not through government controlled areas..

For the record, I'm flying in and out of MIA soon in business class on American.

Not for Air Canada. At best you can hope for TSA pre-Check. Air Canada doesn't have an arrangement with MCO to offer priority security line for Air Canada business class the way it does at a lot of Canadian airports.

Thanks. I'm assuming I'll get priority check-in? I will have checked baggage, so a priority check-in will help with my 11:15am flight.

Will I get priority security line and check-in out of MCO if booked in business class? I'm flying with Air Canada.

We had a First class ticket on Delta in May out of MCO and made good use of the MUCH shorter luggage/check-in line and the VERY MUCH shorter TSA line (no priority line that I saw). Even though it was very early (about 6 am), the lines were terrible and filled with many families (Disney Word travel of course).

I'm curious to understand why the class of seat I buy would give me preferential treatment through security? I can see priority check-in since that is through the airline's own employees and area, but not through government controlled areas..

For the record, I'm flying in and out of MIA soon in business class on American.

You must not fly business class very often, I take it? There has been priority security at many checkpoints for first/business class for quite some time. Though it's getting less prevalent as TSA Pre is lightning fast and makes the priority line useless.

You must not fly business class very often, I take it? There has been priority security at many checkpoints for first/business class for quite some time. Though it's getting less prevalent as TSA Pre is lightning fast and makes the priority line useless.

I'll only buy a business class seat if my flight is 4 hours or more, but for the majority of my flights I usually fly out of Toronto's Island airport to major eastern & midwest US cities so the flight time is less than 2 hours.

One of the best things about it is that there is never a lineup, and on the odd occasion that I do have to fly out of Pearson International, I have a Nexus card so I always thought the short security line was because of that, and not the business class seat.

Thanks for enlightening me.

One of the best things about it is that there is never a lineup, and on the odd occasion that I do have to fly out of Pearson International, I have a Nexus card so I always thought the short security line was because of that, and not the business class seat.

Thanks for enlightening me.

When you use the Nexus line at YYZ you do not see the different priority line for BUS or Elite pax at security

A/C & others usually have a separate check in desk for BUS & 1st class pax

Have yet to try YTZ but hear it is a great experience

hassle free

How do they decide who gets TSA Pre?

We generally got it for free in the past, but not on every trip, so we decided to pay for it (my credit card covered one of the fees).

Changes were made in 2017 and it's much less likely you would get it free. I used to get it, too, prior to signing up. That phased out. It's best to get Global Entry as it includes PreCheck as well.

Thank you so much! This will make it so much easier to make my early flight!

Do you have Nexus? That gets you expedited clearance (Global Entry) into the US, and Canada, and TSA Pre. Don't know when you're traveling, but I'd definitely look into it.

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/priority-services.html

Accordingly to AC’s website, they do offer priority security at MCO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's new then - the last time I flew out of MCO they didn't have it. Good to know.

To the OP - you will get priority check-in and priority boarding. If it's a Rouge flight they have very little overhead storage for Business class so get on as quickly as you can.