MITSUGIRLYS extensive extra Sky review

mitsugirly

Thank you for posting such an in-depth review of this trip! I am still in the process of reading it all as I have just booked my very first cruise ever and it's on the vessel you're posting about. Sakari is just adorable! I'm looking forward to taking my princess out on a cruise sometime as well.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Sky. I liked her but I know things have "sorta" changed with it now being an entirely all you can drink ship. I'm not sure if that will change things any (meaning lines to get drinks and such being longer).

Sakari is addicted. :o :D

I have had a great time reading your reviews. They are informative and you have great writing skill and your photography is amazing. I am sorry for some of the negative things you encountered and I am amazed by your "let it go attitude". Some of the things that you encountered, like the rude person checking you in and the guy at the kids club, I would've been asking for someone to talk to that is uncalled for. I applaud your attitude. I have had a bad steward and left the tip in place figuring he was having an "off" week. If my steward was as bad as the one you had on a previous cruise I think I would have brought that to someones attention. As you say "just sayin" Thanks for all the great reviews.

Candi

I have had a great time reading your reviews. They are informative and you have great writing skill and your photography is amazing. I am sorry for some of the negative things you encountered and I am amazed by your "let it go attitude". Some of the things that you encountered, like the rude person checking you in and the guy at the kids club, I would've been asking for someone to talk to that is uncalled for. I applaud your attitude. I have had a bad steward and left the tip in place figuring he was having an "off" week. If my steward was as bad as the one you had on a previous cruise I think I would have brought that to someones attention. As you say "just sayin" Thanks for all the great reviews.

Candi

Aww, thanks Candi. I appreciate your kind words. I'm just not about to let anyone ruin my vacation. That's just the outlook I have on it. Yes, sometimes I get upset and others times I get pissed...and I can dish it back if needed. But I'm just not about to let anyone make me too upset or ruin my vacation. It's very valuable to me. :) It is what it is. :p

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Sky. I liked her but I know things have "sorta" changed with it now being an entirely all you can drink ship. I'm not sure if that will change things any (meaning lines to get drinks and such being longer).

Sakari is addicted. :o :D

I am going into it with an open mind and with the 'toe in the water' approach to cruising in general. The AYCD will undoubtedly be a highlight! I am way past the age of drinking with reckless abandon but thankfully not too old where I can't see the benefits of freely indulging and enjoying the scenery.

My dad has been on Alaska cruises and has met people on those cruises that he still keeps in touch with years later. Reading your reviews and the comments from people who have either met you or made their own acquaintances makes me wonder what is in store.

Thanks again!!! Perhaps on a future cruise I'll see some familiar faces!

I am going into it with an open mind and with the 'toe in the water' approach to cruising in general. The AYCD will undoubtedly be a highlight! I am way past the age of drinking with reckless abandon but thankfully not too old where I can't see the benefits of freely indulging and enjoying the scenery.

My dad has been on Alaska cruises and has met people on those cruises that he still keeps in touch with years later. Reading your reviews and the comments from people who have either met you or made their own acquaintances makes me wonder what is in store.

Thanks again!!! Perhaps on a future cruise I'll see some familiar faces!

Yep, there's plenty of people I have met on here and on the ship that I still stay in contact with and sometimes we re-cruise together. :)

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for all of your detailed and fun reviews Kim! I cannot figure out how to message you on here (from what I gather you must be "friends" in order to message). Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please email me at kiarichelle at yahoo? I have some info to share with you. If not, no worries.

Again, thank you for allowing us to tag along on your journeys and your daughter is just too precious

Thank you so much for all of your detailed and fun reviews Kim! I cannot figure out how to message you on here (from what I gather you must be "friends" in order to message). Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please email me at kiarichelle at yahoo? I have some info to share with you. If not, no worries.

Again, thank you for allowing us to tag along on your journeys and your daughter is just too precious

Hi and thanks so much for the comments. Glad you enjoyed the review.

There's no way to message on here at all...ever. That's the way the mods have it set up. ;)

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your detailed reviews and photos. I used this review last year before our mom-and-son 4-day on the Sky. This year, we are sailing to Cuba on her, with dad this time, and I had questions about the sofa bed and the hair dryer, and I couldn't find any information on either. I thought to myself, "well, mitsugirly has a little girl, so I'll check her review, maybe she said something about the sofa bed." Both questions answered, in pictures. I could have saved a day of searching. Thanks again.

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your detailed reviews and photos. I used this review last year before our mom-and-son 4-day on the Sky. This year, we are sailing to Cuba on her, with dad this time, and I had questions about the sofa bed and the hair dryer, and I couldn't find any information on either. I thought to myself, "well, mitsugirly has a little girl, so I'll check her review, maybe she said something about the sofa bed." Both questions answered, in pictures. I could have saved a day of searching. Thanks again.

Haha, glad I could picture answer your questions. :D