Melia Beach Questions

pupskate

Hi there...

I’m looking at Booking a day pass and have a few questions

1. Has anyone booked through bookatoucaribbean? Is it legit or is there another option? I don’t believe RCL offers it as an excursion.

2. Are kayak rentals expensive?

3. Are all 3 pools available to day passers or are we restricted to one?

It looks like such a beautiful place I find it hard to believe it’s obly $45 :):)

Thanks for any help!

I have used bookatourcarribean a few times, it is legit. The beach at Melia is beautiful. Sand is so soft, no shells or coral in water, no need for water shoes. Only disappointment was some of the beach lounge chairs need to be replaced,

I have used bookatourcarribean a few times, it is legit. The beach at Melia is beautiful. Sand is so soft, no shells or coral in water, no need for water shoes. Only disappointment was some of the beach lounge chairs need to be replaced,

Sounds amazing! Thanks for the feedback.

I have also used that site, as well as another one I can’t recall at the time. Legit. No problems. I had a great time at Melia last August. I wish they had a package that include food and drinks/alcohol. The chair/lounge situation was a bit tough, but I was able to find 3 together with some decent shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you just show up at the Melia without booking beforehand?

I think you’d be fine to show up with booking ahead - Melia is a little farther from the port area. Just be aware of when you’re going - spring break, or other high season events.

Can you just show up at the Melia without booking beforehand?

Best to book in advance... During spring break and other high seasons, they turn people away. Also, if there are other events, weddings, conventions etc that would cause overcrowding, they restrict the number of outsiders.

Can you provide an update if the towels were included? Thanks.

Yes, towels were included. You just show your wristband and give the name on the reservation at the towel stand, then make sure to give them your name when you return the towels at the end of the day.

Best to book in advance... During spring break and other high seasons, they turn people away. Also, if there are other events, weddings, conventions etc that would cause overcrowding, they restrict the number of outsiders.

Thanks. The only problem with booking ahead for us is the weather forecast for the day we're going to arrive. Looks like clouids, no sun, and possibly rain.

I guess we'll just take our chances or see if there's any change by week's end.

I think you’d be fine to show up with booking ahead - Melia is a little farther from the port area. Just be aware of when you’re going - spring break, or other high season events.

Thanks. I've been there before but not when it was called Melia.

• 1 month later...

Just to add we did go to the Melia a month ago and just showed up. Walked directly to the beach and no one stopped us. After looking around we noticed everyone wearing some sort of wrist band, day trippers and hotel guests (two different bands). No one was checking to see if we had a band but my husband went back into the hotel and paid for two day passes (wrist bands).

Just to add we did go to the Melia a month ago and just showed up. Walked directly to the beach and no one stopped us. After looking around we noticed everyone wearing some sort of wrist band, day trippers and hotel guests (two different bands). No one was checking to see if we had a band but my husband went back into the hotel and paid for two day passes (wrist bands).

Thanks so much for the follow up! Did you enjoy your time there and would you recommend it? I’m going to Nassau for the first time on Monday and they’re calling for rain so I’m considering doing exactly what you did and purchasing day passes once we arrive.

We just went a couple weeks ago, hopped on #10 jitney to get there. We had to wait until more people filled the bus. Next time I might just take the vans. It’s good if you want to relax and swim. It’s a nice resort.

We just went a couple weeks ago, hopped on #10 jitney to get there. We had to wait until more people filled the bus. Next time I might just take the vans. It’s good if you want to relax and swim. It’s a nice resort.

Thank you!

So for $45 you get to use the pool and beach? Also I am wondering about if I make reservations ahead of time and then we decide we don’t want to go can you cancel and get your deposit back? Also I contacted the hotel and they said we have to bring our own towels can somebody verify this who has been there recently?