Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

First, a quick shout out to the creator of, and solid contributors to, this thread. Thank You! It only took me a couple weeks, but I'm all caught up(!), and appreciate all the pictures and discussion about details of the ship. Sure am looking forward to sailing on her!

I am concerned about the glacier viewing portion of the cruise scheduled for June 23, 2018. We are scheduled to leave Juneau at 13:30, cruise the Tracy Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier, and arrive in Skagway at 8:00 the following morning.

My main concerns are:1-How far up can this HUGE ship really go up into the Fjord? Is seeing Sawyer Glacier really doable? 2-With Tracy Arm Fjord being ~45 miles south of Juneau and then needing to be in Skagway at 8:00, how much time do we have for glacier viewing? 3-There is no "Bliss" listed on CruiseMapper's site for Tracy Arm Fjord, Endicott Arm* or Glacier Bay* (*checked just in case a mistake was made on NCL site as to what glacier we are cruising). The ship is listed at all the other ports we stop in...

Thoughts?

Yes, I agree with you on this thread. So much fun to follow. Now we will wait for the pics to come of the rest of the ship, instead of renderings. So, who is on the Trans Atlantic voyage?? Can we assume someone will share? Please[emoji847]🥂[emoji484][emoji485][emoji847][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji847]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

First, a quick shout out to the creator of, and solid contributors to, this thread. Thank You! It only took me a couple weeks, but I'm all caught up(!), and appreciate all the pictures and discussion about details of the ship. Sure am looking forward to sailing on her!

I am concerned about the glacier viewing portion of the cruise scheduled for June 23, 2018. We are scheduled to leave Juneau at 13:30, cruise the Tracy Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier, and arrive in Skagway at 8:00 the following morning.

My main concerns are:1-How far up can this HUGE ship really go up into the Fjord? Is seeing Sawyer Glacier really doable? 2-With Tracy Arm Fjord being ~45 miles south of Juneau and then needing to be in Skagway at 8:00, how much time do we have for glacier viewing? 3-There is no "Bliss" listed on CruiseMapper's site for Tracy Arm Fjord, Endicott Arm* or Glacier Bay* (*checked just in case a mistake was made on NCL site as to what glacier we are cruising). The ship is listed at all the other ports we stop in...

Thoughts?

It will go right near the end of the Fjord, depending on ice flows. There is an area where the ship can fit to do a very slow 180 degree turn to maneuver back out of the Fjord. This is the point where Sawyer Glacier will be in view, for us it was around the dinner hour, 6pm as we had to wait for another ship to leave the Fjord. Essentially, its a cruise in (about an hour or so), very slow turn around for glacier viewing (took about an 45 mins the last time I did it, then cruise out). There will be enough time to get to Skagway on time with no problems.

So I have been reading along through this whole thread I promise, but can someone remind those just joining in late, and those like me with a horrible memory when this beautiful ship sails with actual guests? Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I have been reading along through this whole thread I promise, but can someone remind those just joining in late, and those like me with a horrible memory when this beautiful ship sails with actual guests? Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Travel agent / industry cruise on April 19, and then fare-paying guests on April 21.

I have to wonder if when they say "ankles" if they are actually meaning heels? I can't imagine high tops or boots would be required. I'm thinking that's a mistake.
I'm thinking no flipflops or slips ons that don't have any ankle coverage. I can't see why regular tennis shoes or shoes would be a problem.

Dougout, I’m sure there will be a charge, I was expecting it. It will not decrease my go cart excitement! My dad @ 93 won a trip from Red Bull to the Indy for being the fastest go cart driver in the PNW. It’s in my blood😂😂😂. Sadly no, he did not go on their circuit. Lost dad @ 101.6. Part of this trip is for him...Go-Carts!!