Just booked the Triumph - Spring break 2018

pikeman56

Hello all,

First time poster here. I've been cruising the boards here (pun intended) since this summer when my family and I went on our very first cruise. We booked a 6 day on the Magic back in June and went with our very good friends and neighbors who are experienced Carnival cruisers and kept telling us how awesome it was going to be. Well we went and were hooked. We absolutely had an amazing time at sea. We have a 6 year old daughter and she LOVED it as well. I was determined that we had to do it again so I've been trying to plan another. I just got off the phone with my PVP and have booked a 5 day on the Triumph out of New Orleans March 26, 2018 (Cozemel and Yucatan/Progresso) which works out well since my daughter will be on spring break. I also talked my brother and his family into going as well. And decided to surprise my mom who will turn 60 that week by paying for her to come too. I'm stoked!! I can't wait to sail again!! Only 223 days.....

I want to thank everyone here at cruise critic for the invaluable information. I was able to get $1000 worth of gift cards through the Allstate Rewards program for $900. I also have enough points to get another $1000. I'm hoping to pay for the entire cruise with the discounted cards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Enjoy. We did that exact cruise the last week of March 2017 when our 11 year old was on break for her (and DH) first cruise. Now they never want to travel any other way (as you can see from my signature, this quickly got out of hand!). She's been rode hard and put away wet, but Carnival Triumph and her wonderful crew still hosts a great party and we found very little to criticize for the value to dollar ratio.