Baby food on NCL

leelou48

Has anyone been on NCL that can give me some ideas of baby friendly food items that I can get on the ship for my 9 month old? I am trying to avoid bringing too many jars and she seems to not like regular food yet. I want to know which items to "practice" before the cruise.

When my son was 10 months we took some baby food with us (about 2 servings per day) and used a good bit of food from the ship. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, berries cut into little pieces, green peas, etc. By then he would actually eat quite a bit of regular food in small pieces, but those were some of the first things he liked. Mashed avocado, Cheerios (we took a box with us so we would have them all the time), and mashed banana if it doesn't constipated your baby are also good. A box of baby oatmeal would be pretty easy to pack.

Edit: We were sailing with both sets of his grandparents and I think between them he ended up with ice cream every day too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gymbomb

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My daughter still wasn't eating food by the time we went on the cruise. She started really late. They offered us foods but we didn't bother because she had no interest. We used the yogurts but that was it. Mostly we took baby food in pouches for easier transport and made baby oatmeal. She didn't start eating adult foods and snacks until a month after the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums