Dream, Valor, Triumph, Glory to reposion

jedi bobs

Texas resident here. Carnival can we PRETTY PLEASE get some new ports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Distance isn’t your friend with this one. Being so far west, it would require a longer cruise to get to eastern/southern ports in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Valor is the same class as freedom which I was on in Feb...if they’re the same the main differences are fridges in rooms, serenity, red frog pub, streakhouse, bigger buffet, Mongolian wok (don’t think Triumph had it), bbq place...and there was another food place up with the bbq place I never tried. Other than that it felt the same as Triumph.

I was hoping they’d upgrade from Triumph to a conquest class ship but if dream left I was hoping we’d get magic.

UHH, Valor, Freedom, Glory, Liberty and Conquest are all Conquest class ships.

The same places you can go from Galveston.

True, but that still means there are only so many itineraries you can put together, which probably means there wouldn’t be a reason to add a 3rd ship, unless it was sailing longer cruises.

True, but that still means there are only so many itineraries you can put together, which probably means there wouldn’t be a reason to add a 3rd ship, unless it was sailing longer cruises.

Yeah my point was they have three ships in Galveston and are limited to the same ports.

Where did I say they weren’t?

When you said that you were hoping they would upgrade the Triumph to a Conquest class ship, I thought you were saying that you did not get your wish. A misunderstanding. My bad.

But now we have 2 Conquest class ships coming which I am quite happy with. I have been on the Dream and Triumph so many times and seen the same entertainment that it will be great to have ships with different entertainment coming to town.

But, with 4 new ships coming the same year, I don't know if I will get to try them all out before they leave town again.

I would be really surprised if that happened. Despite what some say about not liking Sunshine, she's a fully tricked out somewhat signature ship for Carnival. They're not moving her into the Galveston 'B slot' replacing Freedom. Carnival has seemingly decided to leave her at Port Canaveral doing 8 nighters rather than serve as their roving east coast boat. A good decision.

I am booked on a 5-day out of NOLA on Valor for December 2019 in an aft-wrap and I cannot wait. This will be a bucket list trip for me and my guy who has always wanted to go to NOLA for vaca but the opportunity never arose...until now. It's right after Thanksgiving so the price was great for the both of us. Also, with the new dining upgrades coming I'm looking forward to enjoying all that Valor has to offer. A few days pre-cruise in the Big Easy and then it's off on our 5-day adventure on board. As I am from California, this will be a great chance to sail out of a totally new port as I have only ever cruised out of Florida.

I am booked on a 5-day out of NOLA on Valor for December 2019 in an aft-wrap and I cannot wait. This will be a bucket list trip for me and my guy who has always wanted to go to NOLA for vaca but the opportunity never arose...until now. It's right after Thanksgiving so the price was great for the both of us. Also, with the new dining upgrades coming I'm looking forward to enjoying all that Valor has to offer. A few days pre-cruise in the Big Easy and then it's off on our 5-day adventure on board. As I am from California, this will be a great chance to sail out of a totally new port as I have only ever cruised out of Florida.

Awesome! Be sure to check out the New Orleans forum when planning your trip. Don’t miss the WWII museum...and check into Christmas events that are going on while you’re in town....like this Saturday is the Krewe of Jingle parade.

Seems kind of odd you can book Valor and Dream into 2020 but you can't book Glory beyond April 2019.

Just noticed it's the same deal with Vista and Freedom. Nothing beyond April 2019. Must not have scheduled their 7-day cruises out that far yet.

I believe that NO will get one of the Vista class ships in 2019/2020. Yes the Glory/Valor give them more Pax then Dream/Triumph but if they are so happy with NO and Galveston I would be surprised if they don't bring a Dream/Vista class ship back that at some point in the near future. Probably explains why some of the itineraries end in early 2019. Would be nice if NO could support a 3rd ship like Galveston. It can be done with only 1 docking point if one did 6/8 rotation or 8/8/5.

something to chew on. :cool:

I believe that NO will get one of the Vista class ships in 2019/2020. Yes the Glory/Valor give them more Pax then Dream/Triumph but if they are so happy with NO and Galveston I would be surprised if they don't bring a Dream/Vista class ship back that at some point in the near future. Probably explains why some of the itineraries end in early 2019. Would be nice if NO could support a 3rd ship like Galveston. It can be done with only 1 docking point if one did 6/8 rotation or 8/8/5.

something to chew on. :cool:

Not so fast, don’t forget the other cruise lines than use NOLA (Norwegian and eventually Royal)

Not so fast, don’t forget the other cruise lines than use NOLA (Norwegian and eventually Royal)

Of course NCL is only there during the winter. I don't know when Royal is going to be there but it's not like they're sending a ship that will entice anyone to sail with them.

My point being these ships will require one of the two berths

Well yeah. The post you were responding to said one docking point. I don't think three ships would be a consideration anytime soon. They're decreasing the number of passengers who can sail out of NOLA on a 7-day cruise as it is.