Hotel pre cruise stay in sydney info.

I stayed in Sydney recently and spent a lot of time researching hotel rooms (my 17 year old was paying for it). We finally managed to get the Travelodge for $100 per night and the Ibis for around the same.You just have to consistently check for the deals, book the refundable ones, and then cancel if you get a better deal. Bear in mind these were 3 start hotels, but were both clean.

Trish

both ibis and Travelodge can vary wildly in price.

There are a few Travelodge and they can be $200 difference in price on any given night.

But the same can be said for most Sydney hotels, classic example I’ve seen Old Holiday Inn the Rocks from about $250 to just over $500, with no apparent reason, not a long weekend, no big events on etc.

We'll be in Sydney one day pre (March) and one day post (April) cruise. When visiting other cities/countries, we've tried to find a city tour, usually on a bus. I've been looking for a hotel with a Concierge so I can get help booking one of these but maybe someone from AU can help.

This is our first trip to AU.

We'll be in Sydney one day pre (March) and one day post (April) cruise. When visiting other cities/countries, we've tried to find a city tour, usually on a bus. I've been looking for a hotel with a Concierge so I can get help booking one of these but maybe someone from AU can help.

This is our first trip to AU.

Any ideas what type of bus tour you are after.

Personally I think you are better to just book it direct.

As to concierges I don’t usually deal with them a lot (other than baggage storage at the end of a stay) but I know Dean at The Grace in York Street very well, from staying there, and he will go out of his way to help you.

Good choice, good location and good hotel, stayed there. Enjoy.

Next overseas trip is on 21 May next year, Cathay Pacific Syd-LHR, land travel, wedding (not mine lol) and 3 cruises. Fllight is from Sydney @ 9.55pm, so don't need to stay O/N in Sydney, but if we had to it would be Rydges, Sydney Airport, fantastico, so handy, across the street from terminal, stayed there a couple of times.

I have stayed there before each of my cruises out of Sydney as well as when we have just come to Sydney for a weekend.

I reckon it is one of the better Rydges that I stay in. (And I have stayed in Rydges in SA, WA, QLD, NSW and VIC.

Any ideas what type of bus tour you are after.

Personally I think you are better to just book it direct.

As to concierges I don’t usually deal with them a lot (other than baggage storage at the end of a stay) but I know Dean at The Grace in York Street very well, from staying there, and he will go out of his way to help you.

I think we're going to book The Grace. It's not outrageous ($284) and reviews are outstanding. We arrive early so if we can't check in, hopefully they'll story our luggage.