Question Regarding Shipboard Activities & Excursions

pattikakes

As "first time" cruisers on Infinity in August, I have lots of questions. I was wondering about the shipboard activities I've seen mentioned here on the boards like seminars, wine tasting, bingo, games, etc. Can anyone tell me which ones are included and what the charge is for the ones that are not? Also, another first timer question: We booked some excursions from the Celebrity website already. How do we connect with those excursions once on the boat or do they have the information in our stateroom upon checking in?

Celebrity has quite a few seminars onboard, mostly free. Wine tasting usually incurs a small fee, can't recall right now! Bingo always has a cost associated with it, around $20 per session or so. Lots of games, usually no cost. There will always be activities and games with no charges. The excursion tickets will usually be put into your stateroom, if not at boarding, then right before your arrival. They will give you meeting times/places for your tours.

As "first time" cruisers on Infinity in August, I have lots of questions. I was wondering about the shipboard activities I've seen mentioned here on the boards like seminars, wine tasting, bingo, games, etc. Can anyone tell me which ones are included and what the charge is for the ones that are not? Also, another first timer question: We booked some excursions from the Celebrity website already. How do we connect with those excursions once on the boat or do they have the information in our stateroom upon checking in?

Hi Pattikakes,

If you are just interested in the Celebrity Infinity's ship board activities you might find a copy of a daily program if you go to http://www.cruiseclues.com and click on the prompt for daily programs. When you scroll down the list of ships there will likely be some from the Infinity or another Celebrity ship.

As far as extra charges, you can expect to pay for activities like, Wine tastings, Bingo, Martini Mixology classes. Trivia, dance classes, movies and lectures are all free.

You pretty much answered your own question for the excursions, you will find your tickets in your cabin when you board. They will tell you which lounge to meet in. If you have any further questions just stop by the Excursions desk and they can help you there.

Jonathan

Whether you take ship sponsored excursions or plan your own time in port depends on a number of variables:

Dependability - you can almost always depend on the ship having excursions where the guides speak acceptable English; you will see and do what is advertised; the transportation will be the best available; you will either get back to the dock on time or the ship will probably hold departure for you (if you are late back to the dock on an independent excursion, you will have to pay for transportation to the next port to reboard the ship.)

Safety - I travel alone so I take ship sponsored trips. I know that there will be other people from my cruise on the excursion, some of whom I may already be acquainted with. For me, booking a private excursion has a higher element of risk than I want to take.

Now ship sponsored excursions are almost always higher priced than independent trips so keep that in mind. There are many people who swear buy one vendor or another at every port and they would be able to give you more details. Have a super cruise!

When you arrive in your cabin, you will find an envelop with your shore excursion tickets inside. Printed on the tickets is the time you should meet your tour group and the location of this meeting place. On the night before your excursion, your tour will be listed in the daily newsletter and that will also tell you the time and place for meeting your group.

Archived