Last Minute FTTF...Success!

pirate4me2

We are 15 days out from our cruise on the Sunshine, and just for kicks and giggles I decided to check excursions to see if there was anything I wanted to book. There was one FTTF spot listed! I didn't think they would come open this close to the cruise, but I snatched it up since we will be driving overnight to get to the port. I figure this way we can get to the ship and crash for a while in our cabin before muster. I am doing a happy dance right now!

Just wanted to share a happy, light hearted post here on CC. Happy Friday everyone!

We are 15 days out from our cruise on the Sunshine, and just for kicks and giggles I decided to check excursions to see if there was anything I wanted to book. There was one FTTF spot listed! I didn't think they would come open this close to the cruise, but I snatched it up since we will be driving overnight to get to the port. I figure this way we can get to the ship and crash for a while in our cabin before muster. I am doing a happy dance right now!

Just wanted to share a happy, light hearted post here on CC. Happy Friday everyone!

Good job! We are 70 days out so I will start checking since you have renewed my hope for an FTTF.

Just wanted to share a happy, light hearted post here on CC. Happy Friday everyone![

Congrats. That IS a good feeling and a relief if you had given up. Don't give up and check daily as they do come available.

Why would anyone pay 100$ to get on ship a couple of hours early.

This is just pure profit for the cruise line. Thanks for reducing the fare we pay

Just sleep in and get a fancy breakfast

Well, since our work schedules wouldn't allow us to travel down a day early and we have to drive down overnight, paying $50 to be able to go on and have our cabin ready so we can catch a nap is a small price to pay.

It is only $50. We got it because of that early boarding with our room being ready. We are a family of four..so it will be nice to go put our carry on luggage in the room and freshen up, since we will be driving about 6 hours to the port.

Also, we have a tender and the priority tender will be great with kids.

I have not cruised with Carnival in years we have gold status, but we will be sailing on the Victory on the 5 night Western Caribbean this May. I just came across this post and didn't realize this was an option to purchase. I checked and it's currently being offered on my sailing.. Is it really worth it?? From what I'm reading it looks like the biggest perk to this is checking in early on the ship having your cabin ready for you. Would we really benefit from it for any other perk, since we only go to 2 ports of all and only one being tendered in Grand Cayman and it's just my husband and I traveling? How long is the wait generally in Miami for Carnival check in??

Way to go!! I just snagged FTTF for our cruise in March and am so relieved!! Traveling with 2 kids the $50 is well worth getting on the ship early, putting our carry on bags right to our room, priority tendering... I could go on! Our last cruise it was the best $50 spent!! Happy for you that you were able to grab one last minute!!!

I have not cruised with Carnival in years we have gold status, but we will be sailing on the Victory on the 5 night Western Caribbean this May. I just came across this post and didn't realize this was an option to purchase. I checked and it's currently being offered on my sailing.. Is it really worth it?? From what I'm reading it looks like the biggest perk to this is checking in early on the ship having your cabin ready for you. Would we really benefit from it for any other perk, since we only go to 2 ports of all and only one being tendered in Grand Cayman and it's just my husband and I traveling? How long is the wait generally in Miami for Carnival check in??

For us it is TOTALLY worth it. We had FTTF last January on our cruise out of Long Beach. Getting to by pass the giant line of chaos to get our Sign and Sail card, the cabin being ready upon boarding, the luggage being delivered early... that in itself is worth it for us. We are a family of three. I also find the access to the "special guest services line" a HUGE bonus. Loved not having to wait in the giant line to ask a question.

We also found the priority tender to be a major benefit - especially for Cabo. It was our first tender port and after talking to other guests it sounded like some had to wait forever to get a tender off the ship.

Our next cruise tenders at Grand Cayman so very happy that we were able to get FTTF for our upcoming April cruise on the Magic.

Really its a personal preference. But for $50 I think its a great price point to try it out and find out if you like it. For my family we will always try to purchase this!

For us it is TOTALLY worth it. We had FTTF last January on our cruise out of Long Beach. Getting to by pass the giant line of chaos to get our Sign and Sail card, the cabin being ready upon boarding, the luggage being delivered early... that in itself is worth it for us. We are a family of three. I also find the access to the "special guest services line" a HUGE bonus. Loved not having to wait in the giant line to ask a question.

We also found the priority tender to be a major benefit - especially for Cabo. It was our first tender port and after talking to other guests it sounded like some had to wait forever to get a tender off the ship.

Our next cruise tenders at Grand Cayman so very happy that we were able to get FTTF for our upcoming April cruise on the Magic.

Really its a personal preference. But for $50 I think its a great price point to try it out and find out if you like it. For my family we will always try to purchase this!

Thank you for your feedback. We are primarily cruisers with RCCL AND NCL... we already get these perks with our current past passengers statuses with those cruise lines, so this through me for a loop when I saw this offered... I never had paid for this before. The price wasn't an issue I was just curious if it was worth it, I guess I'm just spoiled that other than immediate cabin availability I was offered this with my other cruise lines.. I will be flying into FLL then will be taking the cruise line transfers to port of Miami, so we will probably be arriving during prime check in chaos... So I think to save us the headache I will try and purchase the FTTF.. Thanks again:)

VIP line at guest services!! I wasn't sure if I would ever use it, but on our last cruise, we got SOAKED and needed to get change at guest services to dry our clothes. The regular line was huge, but we were in the VIP line with only 2 people in front of us, although the other line wasn't happy with us!!

And don't forget priority debarkation, that was GREAT! Make sure you check your paperwork in the cabin the night before!

I agree it's well worth it. We were on the Breeze last August. There were seven of us with two cabins. We each had personal bags, carry on luggage, 12 pack of water and 12 pack of soda. Us adults(4) also had 1 bottle of wine. Trying to lug around all that with 3600 passengers would've been a nightmare. FTTF was showing sold out for months then I just happened to check one night around 11 and they released 7 of them. We found out later they release them in batches depending on the number of platinum and gold members cruising. I believe the limit for 8 day cruises is 50. Needless to say, I snatched two up quick. It was definitely worth the $100 and then some. The port was packed when we arrived around 1030 am. They have a dedicated line for FTTF with no waiting. We boarded around 1130 after the priority guests and wedding parties. Our rooms were ready and we had our luggage around 12:15. We freshened up, ate lunch, toured the ship and hit the hot tubs all before most passengers were on board. We're going on the Breeze again this July 4. I decided to try and purchase FTTF when we booked cruise. Wasn't sure if you could before paying off cruise. Well you can and I did:)

I agree it's well worth it. We were on the Breeze last August. There were seven of us with two cabins. We each had personal bags, carry on luggage, 12 pack of water and 12 pack of soda. Us adults(4) also had 1 bottle of wine. Trying to lug around all that with 3600 passengers would've been a nightmare. FTTF was showing sold out for months then I just happened to check one night around 11 and they released 7 of them. We found out later they release them in batches depending on the number of platinum and gold members cruising. I believe the limit for 8 day cruises is 50. Needless to say, I snatched two up quick. It was definitely worth the $100 and then some. The port was packed when we arrived around 1030 am. They have a dedicated line for FTTF with no waiting. We boarded around 1130 after the priority guests and wedding parties. Our rooms were ready and we had our luggage around 12:15. We freshened up, ate lunch, toured the ship and hit the hot tubs all before most passengers were on board. We're going on the Breeze again this July 4. I decided to try and purchase FTTF when we booked cruise. Wasn't sure if you could before paying off cruise. Well you can and I did:)

Can someone please clarify if I have to buy it for both of us traveling or just pay for 1 of us and both receive FTTF???

For me, it's worth it. I booked at the last minute (just last week) and it was sold out at the time. I checked on Thursday night and there were four left. I purchased and then posted on our roll call and two of us were able to get it as well!

Since I am a solo cruiser now, I am happy not to have to drag my carry on (rolling bag, 12 pack of soda and purse) thru the lido buffet. I'd either have to leave my bag at an empty table or juggle it all while getting lunch.... Or wait til after 1:30 to eat. I had it for the first time 18 months ago on the breeze and it was worth it just to avoid the huge GS line!