Totally New to Disney Cruise need advice on rooms

KGEmail

Hi everyone,

I have been on 2 cruises but never as a party of 15 (my entire family) and am trying to plan for everyone. Focusing on my family alone, there are 5 of us - one will be an infant on the Disney Fantasy in January of 2014. Wondering which you all would suggest:

A.) Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on deck 12 forward

or

B.) 2 adjoining staterooms with Verandah on deck 6 Aft

My kids will be 7, 4 and 8 months - ust not sure what would be better! Any advice appreciated.

Pros, Cons to having the concierge but being a lot farther away from kids club/restaurants? Not sure how bug this ship really is. My parents will be up on deck 12 in a concierge room, but the other 2 rooms will be deck 6 which just seems far away!

The ship is big but not to the point where being forward versus aft is going to make that huge of a difference.

With the ages of your kids, I'd want to stay all in one room - I don't see the benefits of 2 cabins outweighing the fuss of having 2 cabins.

Of course, if it was me, I'd skip the concierge, pick a less expensive balcony cabin and then take another short cruise at a later date with the saved money :D But that's just me. :p

I would stay on Deck 12 near your parents. With the ages of your kids, the concierge perks will make a huge difference--particularly being able to book things like specialty dining and child care before anyone else.

It would also be handy to be near your parents to have an extra set of hands now and then.

If your parents are in Concierge and you aren't, you can't join them in the lounge or on the private sun deck. It will dilute the value of their Concierge experience, IMO.

Concierge will pay extra special attention to the kids and leave stateroom surprises for them. Plus, you may have a character in the concierge lounge at least once during the cruise.

But keep in mind there are stronger penalties for concierge cancellation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone! We are a party of 5 rooms and I think only my parents will be Concierge. I think we decided to go with 2 adjoining rooms even though it will be more expensive because there was a max capacity of 3 people for some reason in the Family Concierge room - even though it says it sleeps 5??? But the 2 adjoining rooms are great anyway as we may still have a baby that wakes in the night and I don't want her to wake the 7 and 4 year old!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone! We are a party of 5 rooms and I think only my parents will be Concierge. I think we decided to go with 2 adjoining rooms even though it will be more expensive because there was a max capacity of 3 people for some reason in the Family Concierge room - even though it says it sleeps 5??? But the 2 adjoining rooms are great anyway as we may still have a baby that wakes in the night and I don't want her to wake the 7 and 4 year old!

Thanks!

It also never hurts to have two toilets with little ones around:D

Archived