Italian Restaurant on Carnival Sunshine

eelia74

How is the Italian restaurant on the carnival sunshine? Is it worth the extra charge and should I go for lunch or dinner? Thanks so much everyone!

The Cucina del Capitano restaurants on all the ships that have them are IMO very good. There will be some that say they don't care for it but I like it and compare it to Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden.

It's free at lunch (on embarkation day and sea days only) and you mark up an order sheet to have a pasta bowl constructed with the ingredients and sauces you want.

In the evening it's a reservation only restuarant with a $12 upcharge and you order off a menu with a variety of entree's, side's and salads.

I'll edit this when I find the menu's.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Cucina-final-menu-0411.pdf

I went a few days ago. It's utterly rubbish. From the singing waiter that just looked embarrassed to be singing (and doing his best to sing as quietly as possible) through to food that was terribly.

Not worth the money. Honestly. Avoid if you can.

On a side note, the lunch menu is really quite good.

For the evening, I had the meatballs (tasteless) followed by the chicken parmigiana (not sure on spelling). The chicken was poor with just a heap of mozzarella on top. The side vegetables (broccoli, rosemary potatoes and zucchini were good).

Hope that helps?

There was a post here just the past couple of days, where so many posted about how bad it was, and so many posted how good it was. Hardly anything down the middle, except the general consensus was it was just ordinary at lunchtime. And free.

All I need is to once try that Chix Parm that someone posted once smothered in cheese, to know if it's to my liking, or not.

And was COMPLETELY turned off when someone said there was shredded beef in the lasagna.

There was a post here just the past couple of days, where so many posted about how bad it was, and so many posted how good it was. Hardly anything down the middle, except the general consensus was it was just ordinary at lunchtime. And free.

All I need is to once try that Chix Parm that someone posted once smothered in cheese, to know if it's to my liking, or not.

And was COMPLETELY turned off when someone said there was shredded beef in the lasagna.

There are many options for meals. Try it and see.

I went on the Magic and thought it was very good. I thought it was better than Olive Garden.

Same here. Best chicken parm I've had. Look forward to it every cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I went a few days ago. It's utterly rubbish. From the singing waiter that just looked embarrassed to be singing (and doing his best to sing as quietly as possible) through to food that was terribly.

Not worth the money. Honestly. Avoid if you can.

On a side note, the lunch menu is really quite good.

For the evening, I had the meatballs (tasteless) followed by the chicken parmigiana (not sure on spelling). The chicken was poor with just a heap of mozzarella on top. The side vegetables (broccoli, rosemary potatoes and zucchini were good).

Hope that helps?

You are just another Carnival basher, the dinner is great, the lunch is just OK.

But shredded beef in lasagna is the true Italian way of making it, not ground beef or sausage like in the USA, next time you get a chance to go to Italy go to Ristorante "La Ghiacciaia" there you will eat great food from the chef where the Carnival chef's learned to cook for the on board Italian Restaurants.

But shredded beef in lasagna is the true Italian way of making it, not ground beef or sausage like in the USA, next time you get a chance to go to Italy go to Ristorante "La Ghiacciaia" there you will eat great food from the chef where the Carnival chef's learned to cook for the on board Italian Restaurants.

Having eaten in Italy, there are many TRUE ITALIAN dishes, right down to pizza.

Worst was shrimp with eyes looking at me.

But I will eat my lasagna with ground beef thank you, with an occasional dish that included sausage.

Having eaten in Italy, there are many TRUE ITALIAN dishes, right down to pizza.

Worst was shrimp with eyes looking at me.

But I will eat my lasagna with ground beef thank you, with an occasional dish that included sausage.

Not all that strange that they have true Italian dishes in Italy....

Archived